Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cloud

Things have been confirmed.

Answers have been given. Answers that I could have had and was just as able to receive years ago.
What is God's policy on the TIMING of answers? If from the moment I start seeking an answer to the moment which revelation occurs takes YEARS, why is that?

Sometimes, in my own experience, I was not spiritually ready to receive "the answer" to the questions that I was asking or that if I knew the answer up front, I'm not sure I would have had the courage to go forward in a situation.

For example, my teenaged life was HARD. After my mom turned to drugs my life got really hard. My siblings and I lived with no heat, no running water and a hot plate for a stove. My mom was running in an out of my life and each time she entered she brought MAJOR havoc. I felt so alone and abandoned. So betrayed by God. I was ANGRY. I remember walking to the phone booth on day in the rain to call a taxi so that I can get to work. I started crying and yelling say "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS LORD"?

It wasn't until about 13 years later, sitting at my kitchen table listening to a crying teenage girl who I had taken in for about 9 months, who was devistated at her mom constantly abandoning her. She was crying soooo hard and couldn't figure out why God would put her in this position because she, to her knowledge, had done nothing so wrong.

Well, as I ministered her and helped her to understand how much God AND her mom, loved her God silently spoke to me. He took my mind back to that walk down my childhood street and he said this "It was all for this moment".

Cloud Connected, had God answered me and told me that one day there's going to be a time when someone's going to need your testimony to live another day, I don't think my selfishness would have allowed me to accept the plan God had for my life.

I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT MOMENT! And I thank God that He used me "for that moment".

I hope that long story helps. lol!

Wow that's good jjp I also do understand that our timing is not God's timing for at the right moment he will step in if we just hold on long enough thumbs

thank you Mjtorrence. What I've learned from that experience and many...many others and what brought me to mentoring tons of teenagers is that, many times when we're "going through" it's not always about us. Sometimes our testimony is designed to save a soul.

That young lady has grown up to be a wonderful mother herself and she constanly thanks me for being her "mom" when she needed one. That gratitude alone makes it worth it to me.

Plus, I know that my labor is NEVER in vain.