Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

Forgiveness poem

Dear D.M.,
You’re one of the meanest girls of the class.
You cause drama for no reason.
Your two faces fool almost everyone.
You’ve spread rumors about me and have probably falsely accused me.
Still, I’ll forgive you.
Out of all the people who mistreated me, you’re the one I remember the most. Whatever you did, I’ll forgive you.
You’ve taunted and teased me.
Still, I’ll forgive you.
You’ve discouraged me beyond self-repair, and still I’ll forgive you.
Your doings to me are one of the reasons my childhood was almost ruined. Still, I’ll forgive you.
You are not familiar with my heritage, so you insult it saying it’s odd and the people are bad. Still, I’ll forgive you.
Your hurtful words were inscribed into my mind and I believed them. Still, I’ll forgive you.
You must think I’m the most sensitive cry baby you’ve ever met and you didn’t really care if you hurt me unless you thought you’d get into trouble. Still, I’ll forgive you.
I’ve heard you started the three-and-a-half year trend of teasing me. If you did, I’ll forgive you.
As God has forgiven me, so I shall forgive you.
And even if you read this, you won’t be changed or understand and you would curse at this. You might insult me because you have no idea what I just did.
I forgave you.

Your Forgiver,
Jasmine

please give me your feedback!

It reminds me of the verse where Yeshua tells Father to "Forgive them because they know not what they do"

What I like about this is your decision to express your forgiveness to this person.

Do you realize that people are like that because there are things going on in their life that they don't know how to express? They feel bad so they reach out and try to make others feel bad.

Your maturity Jasmine, is mind boggling. Your ability to express yourself in words feels my heart with such joy and happiness for you. God is going to use you mightily and your voice will be heard by those in your generation.

Blessings to you!!!

Awesome poem! thumbs clapping

God has anointed you in this area, I like the fact that you've transformed your feelings around this situation with D.M. into a constructive release of them through writing away your anger/frustration yet remaining Godly by forgiving her and releasing her into God's hands so that He can deal with her. Unfortunately, a lot of people in similar situations use less helpful methods to deal with their feelings (e.g., alcohol, drugs, etc.) or they retreat because they received the person's (or peoples') comments and accepted them as truth when they are not. Or they grow bitter and resentful which are toxic and hindering emotions. By forgiving them, you are freed from all of those emotions and the damage that they can cause, and you stay on the course that God has laid out for you to become the person that He's destined you to be.

Always remember that God defines you, man does not. Man will attempt to discourage, God will not. In reading your poem and this thread, Romans 8:31-39 comes to mind:
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation (Not even D.M.), will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Bless You