Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Destine

please pray: regarding my education and future

OK, so my mom told me I have to take the SAT and ACT. (I'm sort of hoping she meant just that ACT, because I took the SAT last year, hated it) and I want to do really well, the idea of me going to college so soon planted fear into my heart when I took the SAT last year, that's why I think I didn't do so well. So please pray that I do well on this, And that I also improve better with math!

Hi Destine -

At 15, that means you're either a freshman or sophomore, right? Speaking on this assumption (if you're ahead a grade or on track to graduate early, then what follows may not be applicable to you), I agree that seems a little early to take those exams. On the one hand, you get to practice them and get used to the content, test enviroment, etc. so your mom has your best intentions. Keep in mind though, that the scores stay on your record...colleges will see them. More selective colleges could even use the early scores to determine your acceptance even if the more recent scores are much better. (Given the tens of thousands of applications that some colleges receive for a few thousand (or hundreds) of slots, minor things can weed out applications). Not trying to scare you unnecessarily, one score this early most likely won't have an impact, but if there are several scores then they almost have to consider them. It might be better to practice them now, take study courses, get a tutor, study and then take them in your junior year up through the fall semester of your senior year.

Having said all that, I will pray that the Lord gives you an anointing of wisdom and a clear mind so that you can understand the concepts more and that you perform well on the exam in the name of Jesus! flower

Good thing I put the disclaimer in at the front end! thumbs wink

Are you taking any of the SAT/ACT prep courses?

Excellent! thumbs

Keep studying the DVDs regularly and taking the practice exams to build your confidence. You are a bright woman of God, stand confidently in who you are. FEAR is False Expectations Appearing Real. In 1 Timothy 1:7, Paul tells Timothy "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

I will keep praying for you. When will you take the exam?