Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delightful soul

NO MEANS NO

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to testify to God's power in my life and the power he has given me to say "NO" when I am so busy that my head is spinning.

I spent the new year with the Lord this year and He said to me that this year will be the year I will exert my use of the word "NO" and I knew he meant that I would be tempted to be busy and have to learn how to say No and not feel guilty.

I told a friend about how I was going to have to say 'no' more often as I was sooo snowed under with everything ( i have just started study and joined the worship team after 10 years of being very ill)........his reply was surprising to me in that he felt I did not have to say no to people but rather post pone things so I would not upset anyone. I am amazed at his comments as the world simply hates to be told "no" to things and yet we do not balk at stop signs or traffic rules which are full of the word "No" or "stop", (No way through, no right turns for example)........

Anyhow God has shown me the word "No" is a boundary and if people do not like the word No (nicely delivered I might add) then they may have boundary issues. God has shown me that whenever I say "NO" I have been fearful of rejection and that as a christian I have to remember that I should not "FEAR MAN".

So I just wanted to give this testimony, that today especially I had to say NO so much so I thought I was going to scream.......but you know what folks? I had a restful day, had sleep and treated today as the sabbath that I so desperatley needed.......I have a big week ahead, but I am praying I can place healthy boundaries on myself and be able to say "no" nicely but truthfully , to myself more than anyone as I need to say No to my flesh.......

Hope this has encouraged someone and I am truly grateful for God's strength and for Jeremiah 1 which says (about half way into the chapter) "do not be afraid of their faces".....I believe this deals with the fear of man.......God wants me to be bold and be strong and of good courage, to come against the flesh in my life and in doing so, I will feel comfortable saying No where required....

1 Cor:13:11 talks about growing up. And I noticed how children use the word "NO" emphatically whilst at the same time hate to hear the word "No" from their elders, like parents for example........

If it weren't for stop signs in traffic and NO WAY OUT signs in life, I would hate to think where I would be right now. And if it weren't for my saying no to myself and my flesh today, that wanted to do heaps of things instead of taking a sabbath, I would hate to think how tired and exhausted I would have been.

Selah and blessings all!!!! God is good! happy dance

Thanks for this post delightful soul, it is food for thought (and prayer) for me... I needed to hear it.

Blessings, Diane.

Hey DS,

I am in agreement with you. I have to learn to say NO myself. I tryed being super woman and it is a no go.....LOL. I have had to say no and also need to stop making myself so available to people. They can blead us dry if we don't keep a handle on it. I just could not do it all. Funny thing is they know you are busy and ask you to do more. Get my meaning. So I get it totally.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

thanks everyone, It meant alot that you all had something to say and I feel like I am not the only one. This year has proven to be not only a year where i have to say no to others but moreso to myself.......hmmmmm selah

Exactly correct. Saying no to oneself is the hardest. When it comes down to it, it is us who decide on the yes. People ask but we have to learn to say no to ourselves first so we can so no to the request. It is a pleasure to see you growing so much in the Lord.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Saying no to yourself Is hard! I say no esp. if I can't make a decision over buying an unhealthy food. I'll then tell myself "no, you don't need it", then I'll force myself to walk away very Quickly.