Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cloud

"don't be anxious...."

I'm faced with a dilemma here.

I want a girlfriend...but not just ANY person...just the right person.

I used to say "future spouse"...now I just call it *right person*.

I'm literally have NO friends.

This has KILLED my motivation to do anything else with my life as well.

I'm TRYING to find a girlfriend now because that's what I WANT!

But I get verses like "Be Anxious For Nothing..." thrown at me alot.

Does that mean I'm NOT supposed to TRY and find someone nice to hang out with at the very least?

Does that mean I HAVE to sit at home 24/7 being lonely and miserable?

Which pleases God MORE...me TRYING to do something I want to do...or NOT doing anything at all?

Hey Cloud Connection,

I am very sorry you have no friends. I understand loneliness all too well.

I will be praying for God to bring you a friend - not a girlfriend but a friend. He is faithful. :)

Are there any church groups or Bible studies you can go to where you're at? This is a great place to begin meeting friends. I would encourage you to go and seek friends there.

"Be anxious for nothing," when you continue to read the verse, you will see that God then tells us, "instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done."

God loves you. He loves you so much to send His only Son to die for you so that one day you can be completely perfect and completely loving.

God wants to hear from you. Continue praying, pour our your heart to Him. Cry, express your deepest feelings to Him! He loves you! He is the God who knows your fears, bottles up every tear, and is CRAZY about you. Talk to Him! He is eagerly waiting!! Keep praying for God to bring you to friends and the right person. But don't forget to ask Him to take away your anxieties. Cast your anxieties onto the Lord because He cares!! He wants to hear from you, He does! But He wants to be your comfort and remove your bad feelings, your sad feelings, and your anxieties.

I understand what you're going through. The guy I have written about in the past is making me a little nervous, but I constantly have been seeking God and asking Him to remove these feelings. I encourage you to do the same. He answers prayers, I promise!

Having a girlfriend will not replace your need for God. :)

Praying for you,

RL