Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daisychain

pray in our minds or out loud?

ive been wondering can Satan hear our prayers? im scared to pray out loud because if he does that means he knows where our weaknesses lie which gives him an advantage over us nerd

Daisychan, you need to renew your mind here.

satan is ONLY allowed the "advantage" over us that God allows.

He can't do anything that God won't allow.

it matters not whether your pray out loud or in your mind.

God WANTS His children to pray out loud.

Preach Cloud!!!

I agree with what has been said and I also want to add that you have to take back the power that you've given the devil. In your statement, it sounds as if the devil is bigger than God. Just because the devil can hear what you say...just because he can wreak a little havoc in your life...doesn't mean that he is almighty. GOD is BIGGER than anything the devil can be or do in your life. Pray to the one who has counted the number of hairs on your head...who knitted you together in your mother's womb...and KNOW that HE has ALL POWER...and SO DO YOU!!! Open up your mouth BOLDLY and pray knowing that your heavenly Father hears you.

Praying in your mind is ok, but the Bible says that Death and LIFE is in the POWER Of the TONGUE!! Do you have a "prayer language" (speaking in tongues)? That's another way to pray and it builds you up internally, at the same time.

Blessings

thank you, i really need to get the fear of Satan out my head, i feel that sometimes he does have an influence over the way i think, I haven't got the gift of tongues, can anyone speak in tongues? do we have to ask god to give us the ability?

Daisy,

All those who believe and are filled with the Holy Spirit have been given the gift to speak in their own prayer language. Not all receive the gift of tongues which is a prophetic gift given of the Holy Spirit. The two are seperate. But all those who believe are given the ability to speak/pray in a unique prayer language. One must develop their ability but you do have it. Just ask the Lord to receive it and then ask him to help you develop it. You will feel like it is jibberish at first but it is not jibberish. It is a bueatiful language the Father gives us to communicate with him. When we pray this way it refreshes are spirit and we are talking through the Holy Spirit directly to the Father. Cool ha? When we pray in the spirit the enemy cannot understand what we say.

There is much more to be said on this subject but I hope what I have said has helped.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

how cool! wow so if we speak in a different language do we automatically now what we've just said? sorry for all the questions but im new to all this

No we don't necessarily know the exact words we speek. But the Holy Spirit in us hears our spirit pray and presents it to the Father on our behalf. He know what we are speaking and praying about. I think there have been times I felt I understood but not always. I pray that helped.

Love in Jesus,

Connie