Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWhiteShadow

Discouraged with Work

Hello, All -

I hesitate to post this because I don't wish to sound...ungrateful or even whiny. I have a decent job and my needs are met, and I'm very grateful for that. The thing is, the place is, well...a dark place. It's a place that seems so devoid of God - there's so much dishonesty, greed, drug use, etc. that it's a struggle to be a light in a place like this. I know that I should be IN and not OF the world, but who I am while I'm there is a far cry from who I want to be - or used to be when I started there. A friend of mine and brother in the Lord "escaped" from there last year and has since told me how amazed he was at the effect it had on him while he was there and how the change in location had such a positive effect on his representing Christ. That's probably what is most frustrating - it just seems that I'm ineffective there. Does anyone relate to this?

Here's something that leaves me confused: Earlier in the year I had been thinking and praying about leaving this place - especially after having a dream where I clearly heard that I was to get out. While at work, I drove outside and looked across the street at another business. The word on the street is that this place is a great place to be if you can get in. Now, the sun had just come up, not a cloud in the sky all around, and I was overcome with the sight of a huge rainbow coming down right over that place. It was jaw-dropping, actually. So, out of what I felt was obedience, I filled out an application and, lo-and-behold, there was a job opening.

This was in May. I haven't heard a thing.

So, that being said, was I reading this experience all wrong, or should I continue to hold out hope? It's very hard to be where you are when there's no fruit, if you know what I mean.

Prayer is much appreciated.
-Mark

Mark,

I understand totally. I worked for a company that was a great source of income, but wow the stuff that went on there was far beyond what I was ready for and let's just say they were not living their lives for Christ. I worked there for 7 years and prayed the Lord would help me find a way out. Finally one day I felt the Lord release me from my job. He showed me a way to get out and not lose income. I cashed out my 401K and retired from the company. It was the most liberating experience I have ever had (exception: When I gave my life over to the Lord). I felt so free. Wow I just could not get over it. The Lord does ask us to be a light in a dark place but sometimes if we are not careful we can get caught into the darkness ourselves. I would pray the Father give you protection. I plead the blood of Jesus over you at work and around all those who are in your area of influence.

Love in Jesus,

Connie praying praying praying

I can totally relate. While cleaning this morning, which is when I meditate - LOL! Which is WHY I clean - I was meditating on how oru surroundings have such an effect on us and I was thinking how important it is to be in positive places OR, and this was big thing; to find another Christian to hold onto in those dark places because two can put 10,000 to flight.

Is there another Christian there that you can hook up with until you can get out?

Thank you very much for sharing, Connie. I can't tell you how much I long for that freedom.

Sadly, there is no longer another Christian there with me. For the longest time there was, and we both admitted to the other that it was because of our friendship that the place was even tolerable. We used to refer to the place as "Egypt," as in our place of slavery. I know, it sounds a bit dramatic to someone who isn't there, but it really is a dark place. Anyway, he allowed himself to be let go via attendance issues so that he'd have a means of income while he went back to school (unemployment) - I never agreed with his choice, but it is what it is. So, no, there's no one.

To share just a bit of what goes on, my atheist brother works with me on the opposite shift, and there's a great deal of harrassment because of my faith from him and his "gang." One of them once found it funny to draw a picture of me on a cross. No, I probably shouldn't put up with that, but getting upset is exactly what they want... not to mention that taking action at work would most certainly carry over into the rest of my family - see what I'm saying?

Boy, this does sound a bit whiny, doesn't it?
-Mark

I have been since spring. There just seems to be closed doors - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just frustrating. God knows that I really don't want to force a change that doesn't have His stamp of approval. So, I'll pray about it, maybe see a potential opportunity, go through the steps, but oddly enough I'm not hearing back...when others are! Almost all of my shift is job hunting, and we've applied at many of the same places. Strangely, though, the others have gotten their rejections letters, and I hear nothing back! It leaves me wondering why...?

In spite of the frustration, I'll tell you the Word that has been a source of sustainment for me: It keeps coming to mind that I'm like Elijah in the wilderness...fed by ravens and drinking from the stream. It's like a place where there's no prosperity, but I'm not lacking. I am grateful, and I should be content in that my needs are met. It's just that the circumstances aren't very pleasant, and it does wear you down.

Mark,

I am in agreement with you for something great from God. That your dreams would come true. =) And that He would give you a dream for your future that you can believe for. So be prepared to come back and give us a praise report!

In Jesus Name!

Amen! I am in agreement with you guys!!! Looking forward to a report of praise! praying Bless You

Hey, friends -

Would you be so kind as to pray about this once more? I just received a phone call from that very place where I wanted to go to work. I have an interview this Friday. :)

That's right. On 11/11/11.

:hooray: Will do!!!! You are highly favored and deeply loved by our father Mark!! Plz post when you get the good report!!! Soooo excited for you!!! :hooray:

Hmmm... I had so many praying for me about this, and I'm left wondering. The employer called to cancel/reschedule the interview because they were having a surprise audit. I'm supposed to follow up tomorrow with my availability for this week, which I'll do. I just wonder about the delay...

Hi Mark.
Im new here and I just read your post for the first time. I can so relate! I have worked hard all my life (Im 55). I took a job simply on the bases of money (I realized later I had done this alot in my life as I look back), I felt like a slave in a den of evil at my last job.
To make a long story short, God has been impressing on my heart that"....for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”
I am not working right now (outside the home)(We all work don't we?)(I mean back in Jesus day they didn't have big corporations and technology/government buerocracies-maybe we got off track somewhere?).
I am very short on funds but I am trying to put my trust in God alone for my daily bread.
I was praying for a "good job" but now I am praying God will lead me where he wants me to go or what he wants me to do not based on this worlds expectations but Gods. His ways are not our ways. .
Anyway, I know what it is like to be in a bad environment day after day and to feel like a slave to it. I will pray for Gods will to be done in your life. God Bless You

Thank you so much, Connie.

The interview is rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 10:00. I actually have to work tonight from 6pm until the wee hours of the morning. We've got a project going on where I can get out early (and get some sleep!) if everything is completed in time.

I'd love to be done by 2am. I could have to stay until 6am if things don't go smoothly, which means I'll get zero sleep before the interview...and I'll have likely been awake since 1:00pm today.

So, thanks for your prayers! :)
-Mark

Father God,

We come before you today to lift up our brother in Christ, Mark. We thank you Lord that you will be with him today and tomorrow during his interview. We thank you for a smooth day today so that Mark can go into his interview after having some rest. We also give you praise and honor for your divine favor in this interview. We thank you for being our front and rear guard. We give you all the praise, glory and honor and pray these things in Jesus name.

your servant,

Connie

Thank you SO much, everyone, for your prayers! I can't tell you how much it means to me - and how important they are!

I'll try to keep this brief as to avoid a wall of text. :)

First of all, I had awesome favor last night at work. I was supposed to run a machine for four hours and then start the inventory project. The 2nd shift lead approached me and offered to run that station so that I could start the inventory stuff four hours earlier! Not only that, he knew how much I didn't like this particular workstation (nor does anyone, actually), and he volunteered anyway! As a result, we were done by just after 1am - and I thought 2am would be a stretch!

I got to bed by 2:30 and was actually woke up at 4:30 by a text message from the 1st shift supervisor...telling me that we did a great job in our inventory preparation. That's awesome, but I'm trying to sleep! :) I got up at 7:30 and made certain to spend time with God before the interview. Absolutely necessary.

The interview was just unreal. I've never been interviewed by such nice people before! It was so calm, and the answers to their questions just flowed. They even commented a few times that I had answered really well. By the end, they were talking like things are a done deal - though, this is a 4-step process.

I return Monday at 2:00pm for a basic skills test. Prayers appreciated! :)

Bottom line: God is awesome. I had asked him for his help, that he'd give me the words, that I'd have favor (both at work and the interview), and he did. I don't want to get ahead of things, but I'm simply elated at the moment.

Thanks to all,
-Mark

Thank you Lord for answered prayer! You are so awesome!

We are believing with you for continued favor and end result an new job for you Mark at this new company!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

My friends, I'm back here again...

Tomorrow is the final interview with the head of the facility. If he gives the thumbs-up, all I need to do is their physical/back-assessment, and I'm in.

Forgive me for continuing to ask, but would you please pray once more for peace, favor, and whatever else you may be led to pray for? Every time I have gone thus far I have had peace and success, and I know it's because I'm covered in prayer from you saints.

Thank you so much. Almost there...
-Mark

I was actually going to ask on your other thread how this process was going! Thanks for the update and I will keep up the prayers.... praying

We are in agreement with you and will continue to praise the Lord until you receive the job and then praise him even more when you get it!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Two Words: Praise God. :)

The final interview is over. I've been offered the position, contingent upon the results of the back assessment...which I'll complete tomorrow afternoon. More than likely, we'll have the results on Monday which is when the official notice can be given to my current employer. Since I work for some family members - and because things are going to be extremely busy at the new place - we're looking at starting on the first of the new year. Yeah, it's a bit long yet to wait. At this point, though, what's a few extra weeks. Not only that, but it guarrantees that I get Christmas off to spend with my family, which would not have been for certain at the new place. It's all good stuff.

The best part today was the last part of the the interview. The Facility Manager asks me if I have any other questions or comments, and I said, "To be honest, I'm only wondering when the next step will be."

Without blinking, he says, "It's right now." Turning to the HR person, he says, "Get him in here." Awesome!

I've said it before, but I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. Seriously, God DOES bless you with favor and peace when you ask Him to. He does make your paths straight. He IS with you in all things. And to have people who are willing to pray for you about things such as this is really outstanding. Thanks... :)

All Glory to God for this awesome work that he has done and continues to do!

Bless you all,
-Mark

Keep us posted on the outcome of the screening. OK? I know all will be fine but will want to be on my knees thanking Jesus for all his hard work! :)

Love in Jesus,

Connie

TheWhiteShadow wrote:
Two Words: Praise God. :)

The final interview is over. I've been offered the position, contingent upon the results of the back assessment...which I'll complete tomorrow afternoon. More than likely, we'll have the results on Monday which is when the official notice can be given to my current employer. Since I work for some family members - and because things are going to be extremely busy at the new place - we're looking at starting on the first of the new year. Yeah, it's a bit long yet to wait. At this point, though, what's a few extra weeks. Not only that, but it guarrantees that I get Christmas off to spend with my family, which would not have been for certain at the new place. It's all good stuff.

The best part today was the last part of the the interview. The Facility Manager asks me if I have any other questions or comments, and I said, "To be honest, I'm only wondering when the next step will be."

Without blinking, he says, "It's right now." Turning to the HR person, he says, "Get him in here." Awesome!

I've said it before, but I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. Seriously, God DOES bless you with favor and peace when you ask Him to. He does make your paths straight. He IS with you in all things. And to have people who are willing to pray for you about things such as this is really outstanding. Thanks... :)

All Glory to God for this awesome work that he has done and continues to do!

Bless you all,
-Mark
Wonderful news Mark!!! woo hoo

Just for the sake of closure here...

It's official, now. They new employer has already received the results of the back screen and drug test, and so they followed up with the official offer. I'll be starting after the first of the year!

Just one more time - thank you all for your prayers and encouragment through this process. God listens, and he moves. I'm so thankful for the way He's worked throughout this.

-Mark

Since it seems to fit the original topic, I figured I'd share a little bit about my first day.

Everything went well, overall. The people that I met on my shift were rather pleasant to me and understanding of what it's like to be new. I seemed to have favor among them, which is one thing that I've really been asking for.

I had one moment, though, where I was struck with discouragement. It was well into the shift, and it seemed to come from nowhere. Thoughts about my old job, the Egypt that I've left behind. This was probably because I was focusing on how I'm not skilled at this new job, and I was, frankly, the best at my old job. That part is hard for me...but, thankfully, this feeling passed and the night finished well.

I also was paired with an excellent, sympathetic and knowledgable trainer. I was quite happy about that.

I had a dream the night before, which I'll share because there was one part that had a pretty cool manifestation. The basics of it were that I was at some outdoor function at my new employer, a sort of get-together. I was introduced to my coworkers, and everyone seemed pleasant. I was especially happy to find that an old Christian friend of mine, named Jesse, was there (in real life, we haven't seen each other in a long time, and his family moved out of state).

Now, do you know what's interesting? My trainer's name is Jesse. :)

-Mark

I was wondering how your first day went, as I was praying for you. I was hoping you would update us. So happy to hear things went well! :praiseg-d:

Thanks so much, Daisy. I'm totally serious when I say that I really appreciate your prayers for me! I rely on my brothers and sisters in Christ for any measure of success.

I know that you have been praying for me as well, and I am equally thankful for your prayers too! I just love this site~Im so thankful for the support and encouragement of all the members involved...we def can't make it alone. Bless You