Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Habakkuk

John 10:27

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

This is what John 10:27 says, but I cannot shake the suspicion that my own ego, or sub conscience might be tricking me into mistaking my own voice for his voice. I mean, I do believe in God and I do not question his power, but I do question my own ability to discern whether it is really his voice I am listening to, or not. I need clarity there.

Please, pray for me that God will either confirm to me that it is indeed him to whom I am listening, or that he will correct me gently.

Habakkuk--I have prayed for you, but may I get on my soapbox a minute? If you were my son, this is what I'd tell you:

Read the Word, spend time with God and His people and read the Word some more, follow peace and joy and don't be afraid to get counsel--in the multitude of counselors there is safety, Proverbs says. If you're serious about wanting to hear God's voice He WILL speak to you.

You are right to know it's possible to be deceived, but don't be afraid to take small baby steps in the direction you think God is leading you. When I've stepped out in what I thought was the right direction but wasn't, God was very gracious to pick me up, dust me off and let me try again. My own personal opinion is God would rather have us stepping out in faith doing things we think He wants us to than to be so paralyzed with fear we'll miss His will we never try anything.
--Deborah, off her soapbox now

I do take baby steps. My nickname, or rather the way how I deal with it is one of these steps. I never really thought about Habakkuk, but when I had to pick a nickname for another Christian forum I picked him, and all of a sudden I keep on stumbling over all sorts of references to Habbakuk! It is amazing, and I am beginning to wonder whether my choice to pick his name as a nickname was less of a coincidence than one should think.