Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy

Boundaries with family

Need prayers and any added suggestions on how NOT to let certain pushy family members cross my boundaries WITHOUT it draining my energy level to sustain the boundary. Boundaries have not been an easy thing to apply in my life. Does anyone know what I mean??

I will edit this content after getting the responses needed, due to personal content...

There has been some family drama that has led me to the conclusion that my moms house is NOT safe to bring the kids around for the Holidays. My mom doesn't really want to let this go, and is trying to get me to tell her what she can do to make me feel comfortable. I went though this last year, and the energy drain is unexplainable. She is very stubborn and says she will do anything to make her house a safe place to have the holidays. Nothing that she can do will change my mind about having the holidays at her house~and this is NON NEGOTIABLE FOR ME....

How do I get her to respect my boundary, WITHOUT the constant energy drain? I am starting to get to the point of exhaustion and am wanting to push away from her entirely.

Any suggestions???

Could you explain what happens when you tell her something and the result is emotionally draining? I just want to make sure I understand the situation... huggins

Great question! Well............edited very personal info out after getting the encouragement I needed. Thx! :hooray:

LOL it's ok, now I understand better and she reminds me of someone I know..

As an outsider, I don't know if I'll be able to give you the right advice, but it sounds as though standing your ground is the right thing to do. There have been times where I've done that with my mom (stood my ground on an issue) and later she saw the err of her ways and told me how proud she was of me. I'm thinking that If you just keep standing your ground, leave her in the Lord's hands and allow Him to deal with her heart and the situation, that would be best. The person I know thats similar to how your mother sounds is complicated. She grew up in a highly disfunctional family too. I think anyone (me included) who comes from disfunctional families has issues and things that we need to be delivered from. God is still working on me! LOL! However, keep that in mind when dealing with your mom. YOU keep doing the great job you're doing with your daughter!!! and I'm sending you a BIG pat on the back!!! LOL!! big hug 2

Thanks!!! I really needed that pat on the back! I think too that the Lord is working on me in the process too, and strengthening me. I do just need to give it to Him and hold my ground. When I expect my mom to act any different than she has shown me she is capable of, I set myself up to be hurt. As i trust God~He is able to get through to her best..since He knows her in and out. I have thought 100 times I have gave the hurt of the past back to the Lord, and have tried to move forward in my relationship with my mom. But situations like these seem to rip the scab right off my wound...so I think I prob need some deliverance from the past too! lol!

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! Ur such a sweetie, and you really helped me! :hooray:

Daisy....we have SOOOOO much in common. and I wish I had more time to share my thoughts....but I"ll have to come back to this.
I just want you to know that I'm praying for you and I am blessed to have met you ladies on here.

Daphane....my favorite quote I tell people all the time is "God's still working on me" LOL
I was just crying in happiness the other day as I was praying to the Lord. I said "Lord, I am a hot mess and you still love me?" LOL

Angelwings wrote:
Daisy....we have SOOOOO much in common. and I wish I had more time to share my thoughts....but I"ll have to come back to this.
I just want you to know that I'm praying for you and I am blessed to have met you ladies on here.

I feel the same way Angelwings!!! Thanks for your prayers...it feels good to have some of these things in common with others...I don't feel so alone now!

Wow I am in the same situation. My kids are not allowed to go by mother place either (not at all). God commanded me to do it. It was not because of what any one has done, but it is because of the spirits lingering around the place. They can't even go in the yard. My mom is too spiritually blind to see the spiritual warfare around her. It was very hard for me and but i must protect and take care what God has given to me. It was hard at first but I don't want any spirits attaching it self to my kids which are 2 and 3. I wish I can go into more details about my situation but i will tell u this; Stand strong. Let go who u have to let go. They are your kids. Protect what God has given you. You will be held accountable. I know it is hard and stressful. If your mother gets angry at you or anyone wants to walks out of your life, remember that God will always be there.

Amen Shany! Thx for the encouragement!!! Its also nice to know Im not alone at times.... huggins

Daisy,

Do not fear for the Lord is with you wherever you go. :) Families are tough. I have been struggling with my family for years. Love them from a distance and when I do go home, I stand firm on my convictions. Ya know things for me improved with them when I just told them straight out that although I loved them I was not going to change for them. If they loved me they had to love all of me or not at all. I left the choice up to them and told them if they want to see me or if they love me, then they have to respect my choices in life and respect my beliefs. They don't have to agree, that is between them and Jesus, but I will not be trodden on or a door mat anymore. I go home about every 2 years or so now. So I am praying with you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

That helps a ton! Thanks connie! You are such a blessing to me! Bless You

Dove-Solutions wrote:
Daisy,

Do not fear for the Lord is with you wherever you go. :) Families are tough. I have been struggling with my family for years. Love them from a distance and when I do go home, I stand firm on my convictions. Ya know things for me improved with them when I just told them straight out that although I loved them I was not going to change for them. If they loved me they had to love all of me or not at all. I left the choice up to them and told them if they want to see me or if they love me, then they have to respect my choices in life and respect my beliefs. They don't have to agree, that is between them and Jesus, but I will not be trodden on or a door mat anymore. I go home about every 2 years or so now. So I am praying with you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Connie I'm going to take this and run with it. Tonight was the final draw with my family. I have made up my mind to cut them off completely now. But it is going to be weird because we attend the same church.

Ugh! Shany Im so sorry...I go to the same church with my mom...this makes things a bit tricky sometimes. I will be praying for you, this must be so hard on you. i\\'m sorry

Thanks, We have church like 5 times a week so u can imagine. I don't think my blood family like my (spiritual) family. Its a shame when it takes strangers to love and appreciate who you really are.

Just remember this when you see them. Love them in Christ and ask the Lord for his supernatural strength and love to show them his love. We still love them we just do it from a distance.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

shany wrote:
I don't think my blood family like my (spiritual) family. Its a shame when it takes strangers to love and appreciate who you really are.
Im so sorry. Yes it is terrible. I hope things get better soon. It may be uncomfortable at first, but hopefully with time it will get easier. bandaid

Have no fear Daisy.....I am so loved. All of you here on this site and those in my church.....Jesus loves me and my husband love me.....I have all I need. I am so grateful!

Love in Jesus,

Connie