Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astra

Being Slain In The Spirit

Hi everyone!
I was talking to a lady who was plagued by guilt of not "fully following the Lord" because of clinical depression. She was pushed to the point where she thought she would be "left behind" and go to hell because of this. I ministered to her and told her to stand for her healing - complete and total restoration. I also mentioned a webiste with videos of a revival movement. She said she watched the videos to the point where the Evengelist laid his hands on people and they fell down under the power of the Holy Spirit. She then gave me a mile long teaching on how unbiblical "beind slain in the Sprit is". She claims there is nowhere in the Bible a scripture that would support it.

I do believe that "falling down" or "being slain in the Spirit" is totally Biblical. But I am not into theological arguments and am not sure how to answer to her without "starting anything". I know arguments like this are not fruitful at all.

If anyone would like to share their views on this matter, I would be very thankful!
God bless!

Astra,

Ask her if she believes that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever? If she states she does then so the Father and the Holy Ghost are the same also. They are all here since the beginning....so...you see what I mean. The Holy Spirit hovered over the earth....Oh and by the by he was there while they were planning it also. Ancient of days should be a ringing a bell for her here. Start her reading in Acts 2. These folks were filled with the Holy Ghost during Pentecost and were able to speak in other tongues as the spirit gave them utterance and also there were about 500 of them or so. The people there thought them drunk. Remember. So not being biblical doesn't work for me either.

The other thing here is that the enemy wants her to feel condemned of the Lord.....well I think we both agree that we are free from condemnation, guilt and shame. Romans 8:1 clearly states this. Also remind her to the fact the enemy goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Tell her to get in the word and pray to the Lord to reveal the truth to her. I had to do that many times and guess what....he is faithful and will respond to her....and I am sure like me, she will be jaw dropping on a few things. I pray this has been of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

One other note: Is the church she in giving her good doctrine. The best way to know is: Does it match up to the word. Believe me when it doesn't the Holy Spirit will tell her. I was watching a tv Evangelist one day and he said something about anointing cloths and I can't remember all of it but as soon as he quit speaking the Holy Spirit said this: That is not of me! I was like thank you Lord very much! I rejected what he was teaching.

Just a little something there to think about.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Hi Connie,
Thank you very much for your explanations! Like you said, you need to be close to God and His Spirit and He will not lead you into lies or anything that is not of Him! Amen! I will talk to her as soon as I can.

God bless!!!

Dove-Solutions wrote:
One other note: Is the church she in giving her good doctrine. The best way to know is: Does it match up to the word. Believe me when it doesn't the Holy Spirit will tell her. I was watching a tv Evangelist one day and he said something about anointing cloths and I can't remember all of it but as soon as he quit speaking the Holy Spirit said this: That is not of me! I was like thank you Lord very much! I rejected what he was teaching.

Just a little something there to think about.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Glad to be of help Astra. I was typing very fast at lunch. Sorry bout that. Anyway I am sure the Lord will reveal the truth to her.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions wrote:
Anyway I am sure the Lord will reveal the truth to her.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Amen and Amen to that, Connie!!!

I do believe that "falling down" or "being slain in the Spirit" is totally Biblical. But I am not into theological arguments and am not sure how to answer to her without "starting anything". I know arguments like this are not fruitful at all.

Good can come out of listening and hearing your friend.
I doubt she is the only person you meet in your life that has her point of view.
(I have some pretty distinct opinions/experiences concerning being slain in the Spirit)
It doesn't have to turn into an argument if He is invited. Love conquers all.

I wonder if she has been diagnosed with clinical depression, if she has also received professional counselling?
It is usually recommended by the physician who diagnosed the condition.

God uses many ways to reach His children to bring healing into their lives.
His hands are everywhere!

Peace,

Piano