Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lola21st

My Brother had a Stroke

Hi -

I'm requesting prayers for my brother who had a mild stroke a few days ago. We noticed he wasn't himself and insisted that he see a MD. The MD diagnosed him as having a mild stroke and sent him home because his vitals appeared ok but wanted him to come in the next day so that they could do further testing. He wasn't able to leave his home yesterday because he was too weak and my SIL didn't have anyone else to help her transport him. In the meantime, his condition appears to be getting worse and IMHO, he's not getting the medical care that he needs quickly enough (the medical system in Jamaica is a bit different than in the US).

My prayer is that the Lord's hand be on him as he goes through this process, that the MD's will admit him to the hospital today and complete the tests that need to be completed so that they have the information that they need to complete the healing that the Lord has put forth. I also raise up prayers for his wife for comfort and strength during this trial because they live alone and she's dependent on him, e.g., she doesn't drive so she's a bit unnerved.

Keeping this situation in my thoughts and prayers.
Chi

Hi -

It's been a while, my apologies for my absence...

Thank you all so much for your prayers and PMs! My brother's condition has stabilized but he's still very weak. He's home but my SIL intends to take him to the MD for a follow up exam.

The stroke appears to have impacted his speech - he's slurring a little bit but more noticably just isn't talking as much as he typically does. Not sure whether this is by his own doing or if it's because there's damage, hoping the MD will speak to this as well...

Please continue to keep him in your prayers, please!

wow God is a healer and we will continue to stand for his COMPLETE and TOTAL healing.