Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boscoe Jenkins

God forgives all.

I have a question...god forgives all our sins right? What about when It comes to finding yourself? My friend asked me do I believe that god will forgive us for the mistakes we make along the way while were finding out things about ourselves. Im just coming into the realization that maybe God really does forgive us for all our sins. There are sides of my life that I do want explore but at the same time im confused because if there are things tht we are not supposed to do does that mean we should explore it anyway? What do we do in that situation?? scratching chin I think eventhough he would forgive me I dont want to develope this liscence to sin attitude. "Its ok God will forgive me." If that makes any sense

Actually this is a very serious question. And looks like you have the correct answer already!
"I think eventhough he would forgive me I dont want to develope this liscence to sin attitude."
Romans 6:1,2 :"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?"
Unfortunately many Christians don't take this seriously. They think that since sins are forgiven (and they are because of the Blood of JESUS!), we can just go ahead and sin our heads off and it will be ok anyway. No! It won't be ok.

Another scripture that is being totally ignored by many in the body of Christ is Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
He bought us with GREAT PRICE so that now we are HIM living though us and not us (our old nature) that keeps living only without the penalty of sin. We do not belong to ourselves anymore. If there is anything in us that does not have the Name Jesus on it, it's NOT US anymore. We don't explore it, we cut it off and walk away from it for good.
The bottom line is, Jesus died on the Cross not to simply rid us from the penalty of sin, but to restore that which was lost - men being the Image of God. Our old sinful selves are GONE, they have died together with Christ and our new nature is risen with Him and that's who we are after we become saved.
And this shouldn't be just some Bible scriptures. This should define our lives on day-to-day basis, define our daily choices.
BJ, you seem to be on the right track on this one! I don't know what kind of sides of your life you were referring to, but it looks like your spirit is convicting you that it's not in line with who you have become and therefore not only should it not be explored, but not even be considered a part of YOUR life anymore.

Hope this helps,
Blessings!!

This makes perfect sense...this question came up in a discussion. There was a time that I felt that god didnt forgive every sin. I couldnt understand how he could after we've done so much. Like I said, im just startig to accept that he does forgive us of the things we do. When I was younger God said to me, that there was gonna be a time when everyone would be going left when he said specifically go right! "what are,you gonna do?" I just got confused about it when itcame to things that we REALLY ARENT supposed to be doing. Granted there are still things that we do that are done out of habit but I know that those thngs can be changed with gods hlp. & astra you were right that is my spirit convicting me & letting me know that, there are somthings that are not ment to be figured out.