Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acer1057

how to battle the darkness

when im in the dark i feel a presence with me and it speaks with no words but with a undiscrable way and its evil how do i deal with it. how do i use the armor of light.

The "armour of God" speaks - figuratively - from a real armour. Wearing a real armour was a very physical experience and the same went for blows going against it. What I am trying to say is that feeling a blow despite wearing a real armour is not a sign that the real armour in question is bad, it just means that the armour had to absorb a blow that would have been much worse if one had not been wearing a real armour.

Maybe the way how the "armour of God" is compared to a real armour implies similar effects in respect to spiritual blows? The armour of God might give you perfect protection, but this doesn't necessarily have to mean that you won't notice a massive blow against it. Those "evil thoughts" you are referring to are such a blow, imho. You do not succumb to them and even struggle against them. To me this means that you are much better protected than you seem to think. You still notice the blows, but they don't take you out.

So pray to God, ask for help and don't worry too much about the fact that fighting in an ancient armour (of God) is a very physical experience. And maybe it is even better that way, because it reminds us that there is "something" going on.

Well said!!! I would only like to add one thing. While most parts of our spiritual armour is protective, there is one exception. One part is an assaul weapon - the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. You don't have to just stand there and take it from the enemy. You ASSAULT them and drive them OUT from your territory.

Amen to everything said! USE YOUR AUTHORITY!! Don't allow darkness to invade your space. They have NO RIGHT to be anywhere around you.