Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelwings

how should I pray about this?

This may sound silly, or seem like a simple thing I can figure out on my own but I honestly do not know how to pray about this. So I was hoping someone can help me with a prayer. I recently found out that an ex co-worker has leukemia, and it's terminal...their giving her 3-6 months to live.

to give you the back story, and I'll try to keep it short and simple: She used to be somewhat of a friend during the years I was backsliden. I worked very closely together with her for that company for 9 years, she was my supervisor. I'm not sure if any of you recall me talking about this job when I was employed, but I did ask for prayer that I would find another one. Well, its been a year since I quit that job. when I worked with her over the years I got to really know her personal life more, I was troubled by it. Her social life was NOTHING like her work life and I was not comfortable with her lifestyle at all. I won't go into details but I'll just say it included gay bars and lots of drugs. She herself is not gay, but her siblings are and so she was smack dab in the middle of that world and she loved it. Then when I gave my life back to the Lord she flipped the table on me. She made my life miserable at work, as if she was punishing me for being saved. I spent many many months in warfare because of this lady, the office in general as well. the Lord revealed a lot of things she was doing behind my back. She was so very manipulative, it was a lot more intense all the way up until I quit (thats another story). I can't begin to explain the stress and demonic activity I dealt with from this place, especially from her and her aunt who was another co-worker and she played a lot of mind games with me. I was constantly stuck in this world wind of chaos with the two of them. but This women, the supervisor, was the nicest, sweetest person to my face but behind my back she was conniving. I prayed for 3 years straight for the Lord to release me from that job, and he finally did last year. It was the most amazing feeling!!
Now I find out about her terminal illness, she is just a year older than me. I certainly do not wish death on anyone. I feel sad for her family who I know. I have prayed for the Lord to have mercy on her. but that's as far as I get. And I have forgiven her. is that all I should say and do? I just feel like I need to know how to pray about these situations. I think I'm just in shock over all of it. hopefully I make sense, but any guidance and prayer would be appreciated!!

I think your prayer is fine, but I would do as much warfare for her body as much as you did while you were seeking the Lord to get out of that job situation. Now she's in a situation where she's locked in a body that she wants to get out of. Have the same passion for her full health and deliverance.

I believe she is your assignment...that's the reason why you are feeling the way you do. We are called here to be ministers to set the captives free. Separate her actions from who she really is. She wasn't the one attacking you...the enemy was UPSET that you rededicated your life to the Lord so he used her to get at you since she was the closest. Pray about going and praying for her in person or call and give her some words of comfort during this time.

Love isn't love when you love the people who are EASY to love. It's real God kind of love when you can show it to those who are HARD to love. It can be done because I've had to grit my teeth and do it myself. I can tell you that the reward is AMAZING...not just for you, but for her as well. The people who really gain from it, is the one who you are showing mercy to. You have prayed for the Lord to have mercy on her, now it's your turn...have MERCY on this woman who was created by God to do great things on this earth. Pray that the spirit of infirmity will loose her body so she can enjoy a life in Christ. What if that prayer sets her free and she sees God and decides to give her life to Him?

This is a GREAT opportunity for you to show the God that you serve through your love and the mercy you show her.

Praying for you...Blessings...

I really needed to hear that, thank you Cholette. I believe in what you said. I'm choked up right now. I think I felt inside that I needed to pray for healing. But to be honest, I didn't feel I had the authority. Thats why i posted this. Don't get me wrong, I know the Lord gives us the authority. But I almost feel like I'm not seasoned enough to take this assignment on alone. Because I'm not in a Healing or Inteccesory ministry, you know what I mean? I do believe I'm called to be an intercessor. I even started taking a ministry course last week so i can grow more spiritually. But her life is surrounded by many spirits and I'm thinking I need some type of prayer covering. Am I wrong? I don't have a home church to turn to anyone.

You pray YOUR OWN WAY! I will share something with you. I belong to a PRAYING church...I mean we really go in and war. It's VERY loud in our prayer meetings. A couple of weeks ago, the prayer leader decided to do something different by letting some of the people who were on the team who were fairly new have an opportunity to pray. A lot of the "heavy" prayer warriors were praying, but she passed the microphone to a lady named Cora. She's a brand new Christian...not really learned in the Word yet. She joined the prayer ministry because she just wanted to get active in the ministry. When she opened up her mouth, you could barely hear her. She was fumbling over her words at first, but all of a sudden you could feel a shift in the atmosphere. Another level of the anointing came in there. It wasn't the level of her voice...it wasn't even what she said, it was the position of her heart that caused the shift in the atmosphere.

So I say to you...pray from where you are. God knows the position of your heart. Your discomfort with the attack on her body is the move of the Holy Spirit because YOU have been chosen to pray this woman out of captivity. YOU have what God is looking for to change this situation. Just DECLARE the truth of God's word over her. You could go online and google healing scriptures and speak them out of your mouth over her life. Trust me...when you do that...you will begin to understand your authority because that's what the Word will do in you.

Yes! You ARE an intercessor, so take this assignment with joy and watch what God does not only in the woman's life, but in your life as well.

That's awesome about Cora!! It gives me confidence to begin praying this lady.

Thank you Chollete, your words are encouraging and uplifting. I needed to hear that huggins

I love what Cholette said!!
I heard Kenneth E Hagin giving this example when he preached on Believer's Authority:
A policemen would put his hand out to stop traffic. In himself he does not have enough power to stop vehicles whatsoever. But the drivers recognize his authority as a policeman and would stop.
Same with us as believers. In ourselves we don't have any power to spoil the works of the devil, but we have the "uniform" on - Jesus' Righteousness (NOT our righteousness) and that's what the evil spirits recognize. We get His Righteousness the moment we get saved as a gift. We don't have to earn it. It's on on automatically.
Where the learning comes in is where we need to REALIZE we have it and start using it. Even though every born again believer has it, far not every one realizes it and therefor does not use it to its full potential. And that potential is enormous.
So, Sister, you already HAVE all the authority you would ever need to destroy the works of the devil in your former boss' life. Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
NB: THOSE WHO BELIEVE, not those with gifting in certain areas, but ALL the ones who believe!! Praise God!

Now, we don't have any authority over human spirit, but you can still speak to the powers and principalities of the darkness and command them to leave her life.
The way I'd build my prayers for her healing would be based on these major points:
1) 1 Peter 2:24. Jesus has died for her on the Cross to pay for her sins and He took stripes upon His Body so her body can be free from any sickness. And there is not a single thing the devil can do about it. He can't undo it, he can't lessen its power. All he can do is lie and obscure his evil works so we don't know, don't see and don't use this Truth against him

Many people think that this scripture only applies to believers. But it's not true. He took stripes on His body as well as died on the Cross for ALL people. And He did it for SINNERS! Not for righteous. So your former boss qualifies for healing just the same as anybody else. It's God's MERCY that qualifies her.

2) The Lord loves her just as much as He loves us all. He paid for her sins so she does not have to. I know, her actions / lifestyle are opening the door for the destroyer to ransack her life and steal her health, but we can still plead God's Mercy (Lamentations 3:22-23) upon her and override her actions with our authority.

3) You can plead John 20:23 over her and plead Jesus' Mercy upon her. I don't mean plead to Jesus because it's already His Will and He has done it for her. He never withholds anything good from her and is always willing to give.
By pleading I mean REINFORCING it in her life. Speak it, declare it and since it's well within God's Will you will get whatever you speak.

Hope this helps.
Blessings!

Ya know Astra that is exactly how I feel in Deliverance Ministry. I have had the enemy say to me, "you have no power" and I retort with, I come not under my power but of the power of the Holy Ghost, who has all power and in the name of Jesus Christ, who is above all names and in that name I command you to leave! Works everything. When we give it back to The Lord it is by his power! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Love in Jesus

Connie

Hey all, sad news...
This young lady lost her battle to leukemia & kidney disease. I prayed for her as we talked about. In June I moved out of town (4 hours away). Life was a bit hectic with the move and our new journey with homeschooling so I was not able to keep tabs on her and she disappeared off of Facebook. Come to find out she got married in June and died 6 weeks later. Its such a sad story! She was diagnosed in November of 2012 and died July 4th 2013, so tragic!

I have to say, it really messed me up. I didn't find out until the end of July. I was speechless and in total shock. Even though I knew the doctors gave her months to live it still hit me in a strange way. I mourned for her but not with tears....I was in such shock. I mourned because I felt a sickening feeling in my gut.....she was not saved and she rejected the Lord. I'm not saying I know for a fact she is not in heaven, I do not know what her last days were like. I mourned for her family...especially her parents, her mother who I know very well.
She had a secret life, she was into goth, idolized Marilyn Manson ( heavy metal guy) and hated the fact that christians believed a gay person could be delivered. She always said "you can't change who you are". Its a heartbreaking story but only God knows the end.

I just wanted to share.

Well to God be the Glory anyway!!! He knew it was going to happen...nothing takes Him by surprise. I am praying for YOU, that God will give you the peace that you need... huggins

That's right He does! Thank you, I appreciate the prayers. You know, I'm so happy with my life..the Lord has blessed me and shownh His love to me in so many ways. I can't deny who He is. I love the Lord with all my heart..I can't go a day without talking to Him, through the good n bad...I can't even imagine my life without His love and guidance.
So thankful to be a child of God!!!