Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exo152

Need prayer for right direction

My husband and I resigned from ministry after 20 plus years last June. Recently we have been praying about God's leadership in our next step. We sat and talked about it in depth last night and I was concerned to hear that my husband is considering pursuing ministry in a denomination that has a doctrine that is very opposite what we believe. He is looking at the convenience of the location, the full-time, well paid position and the fact that we have friends there (who have actually encouraged him, not realizing our beliefs are that different {spirit-filled us/Holy Spirit has passed away them}). Our children attend this church for a mid-week children's program because their best friend's mom teaches it and because we live so far from the church we do attend that a mid-week service there isn't realistic at this time. But every time I take my children to that church I just want to hurry out of there as quickly as I can. The few services we have attended there has made me feel that same way times 100!! They are currently without a pastor and have asked my husband to preach a service to fill in later this month. I think he has taken it as confirmation that this is our place. I think they just can't find anyone else to fill in on a holiday weekend.
This is a really big church in our rural area, with 300 plus members.They are currently taking applications from ministers in their denomination who have the required amount of schooling from their bible schools. My husband has no degree with them, has the bare minimum degree with our own denomination and has let that lapse. I am concerned that he is building pipe dreams for what he wants and is going to be hurt and disappointed. I am also concerned that if crying he is hearing God on this, I will have to work in a church that just leaves me cringing every time i have to go there. Please pray that God will clearly reveal his plan for us, and that we will not reenter minister prematurely or in the wrong place. Thank you so much!!

God will direct him, so trust God to do just that...meanwhile I am praying for guidance.

Love in Jesus

Connie