Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chantel-rose

Prayer for confirmation

I had a prophecy regarding my marriage. The prophet said it will be more than a marriage but a joining of ministries. He then said he will be a worship minister with a pastors heart.

Please pray that this prophecy gets confirmed, and that if it is the man I believe it to be please also pray that Lord reveals this to him also.

Thank you guys x

You are so wise to seek confirmation. But in asking for confirmation, I am guessing this did not confirm what you already had in your heart. Any prophecy given to you should CONFIRM what you already know by the Spirit. Anything prophesied over you that does not confirm something the Lord has already spoken to your heart needs to be prayed about or placed on a shelf. Just because a man or woman says words over you does not make those words "thus saith the Lord".........just be careful accepting words spoken over you. The Bible says to "know those who labor among you" and also "let no man lay hands on you suddenly"......there are true prophets and there are false prophets. I have seen those who have been basically "prophesied" out of God's true will for their life by some of those last kind. A very good friend of mine, a widow, was prophesied over several years ago that she was supposed to marry again, to another man in the church. They trusted the prophet and married. But it was disastrous and tore apart her relationship with her still grieving teen-aged children. Even today, years later, her sons will have nothing to do with God or the church. And her marriage is very hard, the man she married a very difficult person to live with.
Praying God give you the confirmation if the prophesy was from him and clarity if it was not.
God bless!!

Remain open Chantel-Rose.  Many times when a prophetic word is given, we use our natural selves to interpret what is being said.  It may not make sense to you now and who the prophet is speaking about may not even be in your life right now.  My advice is to hear the prophecy...receive it and then stand back and allow God to lead you.  We, as human beings are notorious for "helping the manifestation" along and God may be in a different season of our lives.  He may need to move you and/or this other individual into each others lives in order for this to come to pass.  God may need to work on your hearts and cut away some things before things begin to manifest.

I've been where you are and I learned the hard way about "helping God and interpreting what I think he is saying".  If you stand outside of the word wondering if it's true, you won't get your confirmation because you will be in a place of "wonder" and not faith.  If you receive the word and remain open for God to reveal what is needed, then you will get it.  If it's not of him, he will let you down gently without any damage.  It's when we get in the way and think we know what it means...THAT'S when it hurts.

Thank you for all your advice. I have been still and listened to God. He gave me and my prayer partner dreams unexpectedly of my marriage with the same man as my husband, for some reason my hair was painted gold. A pastor also came up to us and said I look like his wife. I am however just going to concentrate on my walk with God, and let him orchestrate my marriage at the appointed time with the man he ordained for me.

chantel-rose wrote:
I am however just going to concentrate on my walk with God, and let him orchestrate my marriage at the appointed time with the man he ordained for me.

That is the best and most peaceful thing you can do. If it's God, it will happen regardless! happy dance