Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lori satterfield

Praying for guidance and breakthrough

I'm a empty nester and by that I mean my daughter got married last year and had a baby 3 days ago and my son is a freshman in college. I'm visiting my daughter and new baby and coming to a realization that I'm lonely and in need of a life. I'm seeking God for guidance on helping me with a new career path. I've been working in my company for 8 years in training and all the people we train (meaning leadership) is complain and say very rude things about us. God has sustained me and I'm appreciate; however, the fire is again under us and change is good but I'm wondering if the Father is saying move. I did obtain my Bachelors and will be starting my masters in Nov. but I'm finding myself frustrated and a sense of not again. I also don't want to drive my kids crazy with worry with my daughter being a new mom. She is going to need help!!!!!!just need prayer for her. She is 28 and needs patience, joy, endurance. Her husband will be working next week.

Just need God to give me peace and a door of opportunity for a new job, help my kids and help me not drive them crazy through me missing them and worrying about new baby.

Just feel overwhelmed!!!

God can relate to your empty nest. He was without His Son for awhile.
Just know that God knows how long you can go without someone around who can relate. So when things are seeming to get to be more than you can bear, God will send someone to you right on time to encourage and strengthen you. He created us to be social people, so He isn't going to leave you without anyone to relate to.

Love you, and hang in there.

PS My daughter got married in May and moved away, not far...a different city, nevertheless she moved and I missed her greatly. The missing is lessening, but I suppose it will never completely go away. We just learn to live with it and rejoice in their happiness.