Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

Update on my little baby (Freddy the hamster) Please send your prayers and love his way =)

Update on Freddy (My hamster)

Took him up the PDSA. They saw him and did all his vets treatment for FREE which was a relief.

They gave him a booster needle to gain his appetite back...(Kinda worked,Not much tho)
They also gave him some antibiotics which we have trouble giving to him...But he has it...

Now and again we give him bread dippend in water so he can eat it better as he has trouble swallowing and also has sips of water now and again.

We think hes getting worser and me and my boyfriend are now talkng about getting him put down.Its a heartbreaking subject but we cant keep seeing him go thought what he is having to go through as we have no idea if he is in any pain
I dont want to have to make the desision and say yes to having him put down so we are seeing how he in 2 weeks or so.

His right eye has compleatly dried over...The vets said there is nothing we or they can do to savve his eyesight becase of his age.

Ill do another update on his health in a couple of days =).

Please send your prayers and wishes his way to make him get better =).

:pinkjello:

Guest Guest
That`s really bad...
How old is he?

The best thing you can do for him hun is to keep giving him the drips of water...even if he only gets a few drops at a time then it he is still getting some much needed water to hydrate him

It sounds like you are doing everything you can do hun, just keep believing

Sending you huge hugs for you and little gently hugs for your hamster xxx

Guest Guest

I`m really curious about his age.... my dad used to tell me that the older hamsters (1,5 years) get sick more often,so I was asking the age for that reason

I send you hugs too and hope that he`ll recover!

do you not have a PDSA or blue cross near you? these are places that you can take your pets to when you cannot afford the vets fees. ..look in yellow pages and give them a ring. They may be able to help you.

i'm sorry to hear that hun! Sad

i don't know much about hamsters, but i hope will go for the better!

Sorry to hear about your hamster hun, I hope he gets better soon. You are doing so much for him while he isn't feeling well. Hugs

You can only get free vets care from PDSA if you are means tested benefits..but if you have a neighbour or family friend who is on benefits then they can take your hamster to the PDSA and say its theirs and you might get free treatment then

lea75 wrote:
You can only get free vets care from PDSA if you are means tested benefits..but if you have a neighbour or family friend who is on benefits then they can take your hamster to the PDSA and say its theirs and you might get free treatment then

yes, and I am almost sure that the Blue Cross is open to everyone for a small fee ...much less than the vets...or maybe not! Just looked on their website and they only appear to have 4 animal hopspitals ..3 in london and one in Grimsby ..where I live. Sorry Ashamed

Hes 2 now...I know his age is a downer on him and it may be because of it but its really painful for my to sit and watch him....My bf is gonna get in touch with the PDSA and Bluecross...Even if we have to drive miles...Its worth it for him...

Thanks everyone for giving him your love....I hope it makes him better...Hes a little fighter =)

if you can't afford a doctor go somewhere were they sell them or where they sell there food! in a pet shop maybe... they know sometimes or they atleast can give some tips... Sad

i'm so sorry to hear this Sad
if something happened to my hamster (actualy a leming, but it's the same thing) i would do anything to get him better......
don't worry, he'll be fine....

oh my!!!!!!!! i really hope your hamster gets better!!!!! maybe you should ask for money from your parents or friends i'm sure they will give you some!!!!!!

He just looks like hes getting worser right now...Hes had alittle bit more water...He didnt want any at first but i dabbed some on his lips and he drank alittle from his bottle.

To be honist i think hes gonna be an angel hamster in the morning...Im really not looking forward to checking on him....I cant stop crying...its really upsetting to watch.

No where is open for him this time of night so have to wait till morning...

you have to think possitive you never know!!!! but on the other hand if he is in pain, may be it would for the best... wish i could help somehow!

don't even think about that!
your hammy will survive, no matter what!

i'm really sorry to hear that your hamster is still sick.
hopefully you'll be able to take him in to the vets that kasi & lea were talking about.
i wish you the the best hun.

that's great from the doctor, he is eating alittle,my best wishes I hope he'll make trough this and need to take any further measures!!!!!!! keep it together and keep strong!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about you. Pets, whether large ar small do find their way into our hearts. Take care and prayers and hope that all goes well.