Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exo152

Why would a person do this? Just asking a question.

Hey all,
I have a question to ask. We are attending a really great church, just started about three months ago. Everything is wonderful, the preaching, the worship, the classes for our children, etc. But at midweek service last night I was walking down a hall to pick up my children from their class when I passed the praise and worship leader. She averted her eyes, like she didn't want to make eye contact. This isn't the first time she has done this to me and I am thinking she does it with a lot of folks. I am not criticizing her, but I know she has been in church long enough (she has mentioned her father is a pastor) to know how to smile and say a quick "hello". I don't really know her, and I am not seeking to. But I would be friendly. Just wondering if this is maybe a sign she needs prayer, or what? Thanks!!

Absolutely!! Pray for her...she is a worship leader and the amount of spiritual turmoil she is experiencing may keep her so focused on self that she can't be cordial. Is it right? No way, but I can understand because I used to be a worship leader and I'm an elder over the worship ministry in my church now and I see first-hand the attacks that are on the leaders, as well as the team.

I would reach out and say hello to her...you never know what she's faced against. What if people are treating her wrongly and you are on the receiving end of that? There could be a plethora of things that could cause her interesting reactions to you, but the way to overcome that is to show Love. 1 Cor 13 says that Love pays no attention when wrong is done...love on her...that's probably what she needs anyway.

Blessings!!!

Thank you Cholette! She is a very anointed person and I will continue to pray for her. So much of the time human nature says the person is just conceited, but I really do not think this is the case. Or rather, I hope not. Thanks for answering!

im wondering if she may be just shy,  disappointed try not to be offended,  :hairraising: ,,i agree wiv chol  hee hee