Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWhiteShadow

Threat of a Tornado

In this dream, I was at a place (a store) that often symbolizes a place of ministry for me (usually this site). It was like I was passing through the area when the events took place. I stood outside this building and saw the sky grow very dark like a storm was coming.

Employees and customers began to come out of the store to see what was going on with the weather. They looked at the sky, but they did not recognize that the threat was greater than the approaching storm that they could see now. Almost all of them went back into the store to go about their business.

I remained outside to watch the storm roll in. The sky and clouds were so dark that you wouldn't be able to see anything among them - but, I was able to make out a funnel cloud in the distance. When I saw that, I went into the store.

A crowd of employees and customers were surrounding the Customer Service desk at the front of the store. There was a manager-type person behind the desk speaking. I cut through the crowd and interrupted the manager to say that the threat was greater than they thought and that everyone should be directed to seek shelter within the store. When the manager gave the word to do so, the crowd did as she instructed. I went back outside.

The funnel cloud approached the store, and somehow I did battle with it. I didn't defeat it, but it didn't touch the store or hurt me. Eventually, it left the area. The sky was still very dark, but there was a tiny gap/slit in the clouds that exposed the brightest blue sky behind them. I returned to the store and let the manager know that the threat had passed. Then, I wandered through the store to seek out my siblings, who apparently had been amongst the crowd that had taken shelter.

No.  We all live in Wisconsin.
It's likely that they're symbolic, though. When it's about my literal siblings, they're often represented by animals. They may represent siblings in Christ, though.

Well, I once had a dream that was so similar to this its uncanny. I used some of to the same words.

"It's moving faster than you think."

My dream was about Hurricane Rita. I am currently traveling and in NC... maybe I'm a sibling facing a storm.