Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bee1

2010 Chat - January (part 5)

Sjeesh, cat scratched my arms open like it was nothing (was wearing a very thick sweater though). Anyways, he has -as I said- the cat flu, but at an early stage. Got antibiotics (what a hassle to give him a shot) and he will get meds too. We have to keep an eye on the rest of the cats, because it's contagious. And we will have to get them vaccinated in a while.

Ouch! BBG that sounds painful.

Good news that it's an early stage - in the UK this is a routine and regular vaccination issue.

Hope all is well in the longer term.

It is quite painful, I was wondering... would Arnica help, or just sting in the wound? I disinfected though, you never know, but it's kind of swollen

Well, hate to say it, but our cats have never ever been vaccinated for any kind of thing, so I mentioned it to Dad and he was really amazed cats had to get a flu shot too every year, so we'll be doing that now. He never knew that cat flu could be "dangerous".

I think he'll be fine, he's just a bit upset lol

Aaah yes, over here it's a regular vaccination, better safe than sorry especially when numerous cats live/mix together.

Arnica wont hurt, I mean wouldn't be wrong, it may possibly sting a little bit, but it's a really healing thing. It's the gel with arnica and witch hazel that really takes the heat out of a wound.

You know me - Kijo must be convinced I run a business that sells arnica products congratulations

We should have known, but we're going to be very cautious now.

phew, if only stinging is the worst thing, then I'll put some arnica on it!
we should run a business, I'm really glad I got to know it! It's even better then the other gels I use! (no kidding)

Smile glad to have been some help - sometimes I do feel like I'm a single minded evangelist with a hidden agenda, but seriously, am so impressed I'd never be without it now Smile

I don't see you as a single minded evangelist
although, we have to think about that hidden agenda
(just kidding)

Zoonie wrote:
Laughing mwah ha ha ha haaaaa

*goes to tend production line*

soo... Arnica...
anything else? :p

Marlies wrote:
helloooooo!

MARLIES!!!

Toulouse wrote:

Marlies wrote:
helloooooo!

MARLIES!!!

TOULOUSE!! How are you? Finished all your exams?

Zoonie wrote:
Marlies!!!!! mwah

err - nope BBG, nothing else Laughing

heyy!! whoa, it's been ages since I've been here. Sorry :Oops: How are you? How are your daughters?

Zoonie, I think we should have more products
Still thinking it through :p

Marlies sweetie, how are you?!
My last one was yesterday afternoon!
Have you finished yours?

Toulouse wrote:

Marlies sweetie, how are you?!
My last one was yesterday afternoon!
Have you finished yours?

Ooh good! Have you celebrated the end of your exams?
My last one was yesterday afternoon too. I'm finally home after 6 weeks, but I'm going back tomorrow to party! :dance4:

It was a quiet celebration, we had a drink at Ron Blacks, dinner at 'de Appel' (apple) and afterwards we had ice cream in the munstraat, but I forgot the name of the place... They had the strangest guys, I could not stop laughing with them (and they thought I was funny, so they laughed with me)

Toulouse wrote:
It was a quiet celebration, we had a drink at Ron Blacks, dinner at 'de Appel' (apple) and afterwards we had ice cream in the munstraat, but I forgot the name of the place... They had the strangest guys, I could not stop laughing with them (and they thought I was funny, so they laughed with me)

Sounds good! Oh, I've found a very good place to eat in Leuven, at the Oude Markt. I've forgot the name of the place, but they've got the best bruschettas ever!

When you remember the name, let me know ;-)
I'll be in Leuven tomorrow, will be eating a Bicky in 't Zeeltje (near the Oude Markt)

Are you going to a specific party tomorrow?

I'm fine thanks Marlies, keeping one eye on tonight's football (0-0, we should be winning)

Socks just made a big scratch on my hand, bleurgh!

A lady from the charity is coming to see him on Friday.

The girls are quiet at the moment, so I assume they're ok - thanks for asking

Toulouse wrote:
When you remember the name, let me know ;-)
I'll be in Leuven tomorrow, will be eating a Bicky in 't Zeeltje (near the Oude Markt)

Are you going to a specific party tomorrow?

Mmmm, Bicky, my fav! Do they have good burgers there? I've never had a good burger in Leuven. Maybe I should try 't Zeeltje!

Nothing specific. Think we're going to the Downtown Jack first to play some pool and poker. Nothing wild tomorrow - that's for Thursday!

It's going to be my first one at 't Zeeltje actually, so I will have to get back to you about that ; )

Oooeh, what's going on on Thursday? Gotta admit I have NO idea whatsoever what's going on in Leuven these days, didn't plan to go out, but a friend is going to drag me along to Seven Oaks in a while LOL

Zoonie wrote:
I'm fine thanks Marlies, keeping one eye on tonight's football (0-0, we should be winning)

Auwtchie! Take care of your hand!
Didn't know you were into football? Nice! :victory:

Zoonie wrote:

Still having trouble with the football/soccer problems LOL

Hey, I've got a good remedy for that scratch...
Give me an A... R... N...I... C... A!

Oh, wasn't ED having problems with her teeth too? How 's she?

Toulouse wrote:
It's going to be my first one at 't Zeeltje actually, so I will have to get back to you about that ; )

Oooeh, what's going on on Thursday? Gotta admit I have NO idea whatsoever what's going on in Leuven these days, didn't plan to go out, but a friend is going to drag me along to Seven Oaks in a while LOL

I have no idea what's going on on Thursday. But we just all agreed that we're going to celebrate big time
Seven Oaks is so much fun. Let me know when you're going, I might bump into you!

Massive Liverpool fan Marlies, 0-0 which isn't good!

My OH is a big Villa fan, we're a household that follows football like there's no other hobby!

Marlies wrote:
Toulouse wrote:

I have no idea what's going on on Thursday. But we just all agreed that we're going to celebrate big time
Seven Oaks is so much fun. Let me know when you're going, I might bump into you!

HAve fun!!!
I have your number, so I'll text you when we plan to go ; )
I have no idea when it'll be, I have to get my new schedule for next semester, but they really wanted me to come along lol

Toulouse wrote:
... a friend is going to drag me along to Seven Oaks in a while LOL

Still having trouble with the football/soccer problems LOL

Hey, I've got a good remedy for that scratch...
Give me an A... R... N...I... C... A!

Oh, wasn't ED having problems with her teeth too? How 's she?[/quote]

How strange, I live 28 miles from Sevenoaks, where OH used to work, not the same one obviously!

Am going to put arnica on my scratches, before bed, going up soon.

Thanks for asking about ED, BBG - she's just living with it for now, ouch!

Noo, it's not the same, maybe one day ; )

Hey, if you hear from her and she still has troubles, I finally feel better now. I took ibuprofen every time before going to bed and I rinsed my mouth twice a day with... antiseptic mouth water (called Listerine) and it sure helped

Zoonie wrote:
Massive Liverpool fan Marlies, 0-0 which isn't good!

My OH is a big Villa fan, we're a household that follows football like there's no other hobby!

Hahaha didn't know that yet! Cool! Not a big football fan myself though Ashamed Well, I hope your team wins tonight!

Toulouse wrote:

HAve fun!!!
I have your number, so I'll text you when we plan to go ; )
I have no idea when it'll be, I have to get my new schedule for next semester, but they really wanted me to come along lol

You HAVE to go on a Thursday night. Otherwise it's not that fun!

Marlies we only made a 0-0 draw ...season isn't going well for us, but thanks for the support.

TY also BBG for the advice, we have listerine here, we call it antiseptic mouthwash, will tell her.

I'm off to bed, sorry to leave you, has been a fun day though.

Night Night xxx

Zoonie wrote:
Marlies we only made a 0-0 draw ...season isn't going well for us, but thanks for the support.

TY also BBG for the advice, we have listerine here, we call it antiseptic mouthwash, will tell her.

I'm off to bed, sorry to leave you, has been a fun day though.

Night Night xxx

Gnite sweetie
I'm actually heading to bed myself, I feel pretty tired from the big day ; )
See you later!!

Marlies, I hope you have fun, enjoy it!!! You're on a break now ; )
I'll talk to you later! Good seeing you again!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ......

to copy a bit from Jose ...... I miss the little guy ....

Hi Armell!!!

once in a blue moon i go and check it out, but it seems quite abandoned. Thanks Playfish.

I always feel worse after sleeping. But i did sleep for a good bit. I slept until it felt like I was gonna break if I stayed there.

Maybe soon you will be able to get restful sleep ...

How is my buddy Clyde??

Clyde is a Butt!!!

I think he means well, but he always has this thing about lying on top of me, and I can't sleep when he does that. since I have been lying like flat on my back lately, he always ends up on top of me, hurting me or something, and my shoulders are too sore to be able to push him off of me. so we have bed wars.

However, if I put my arm out like in a little circle, he will curl up in my arms and not move unless I move my arm, so I try to make him sleep that way, so he doesn't hurt me.
Its hard getting a 16 pound kittie off you when you dont feel well!!!

yes. I can sympathize ...... My cats lay on me sometimes too ....I like to sleep on my side, and they will get on each side of me and I can't turn over ......

I am sorry he is making sleeping uncomfortable ...

He's fine. its just a hassle when i have to move him like 8 times.
he thinks I am his pillow. hahahaha

spoiled cats.