Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Is this for real?

Phoning around to try and get a set of tyres fitted, and the qoutes are a bloody joke... the cheapest so far has been £50 + VAT.... since when is it a hours work and well over £60 to change 2 bloody tyres? its not a damn artic lorry, its a freaking bike!!!!

@fr499y wrote:
Phoning around to try and get a set of tyres fitted, and the qoutes are a bloody joke... the cheapest so far has been £50 + VAT.... since when is it a hours work and well over £60 to change 2 bloody tyres? its not a damn artic lorry, its a freaking bike!!!!
Have you got your own tyres or have they supplied them...most garages will charge a lot for fitting especially if youve bought them elsewhere, if you lived closer to me i'd fit em for naff all thumbs

You can come over here and use my gear and DIY. Or I will do them for you.

there all done now but jeez, piss take or what!!! i got qouted cheapest for the tyres i got for £190 fitted.. i got the tyres for £130 and then a tad more for fitting ( £30 ) so all in all i have indeed saved money still, but how the hell can they justify charging nearly £80 by the time the VAT is on top!?!?!?!

Good you are sorted. Was looking forward to a practice on your tyres. Im not very good at removing tyres so use a chainsaw to help, I will get better with more practice. Anyone want me to change your tyres lol. If any of you guys are near to me, you are welcome to use my gear to change tyres. Yes I have a balancer so no problems with a bumpy ride home.

Had to have a new tyre on the car today and went to a little back street garage, whilst I was there I asked if he was able to do bike tyres and he said yeah as long as I bring the loose wheel in and would charge a fiver. Not sure if there's a big difference between car and bike tyre fitting or balancing so I may give him a go as the Z now needs new tyres Sad

sounds steep to me,tenner a tyre for bikes round here

@Robbie wrote:
Had to have a new tyre on the car today and went to a little back street garage, whilst I was there I asked if he was able to do bike tyres and he said yeah as long as I bring the loose wheel in and would charge a fiver. Not sure if there's a big difference between car and bike tyre fitting or balancing so I may give him a go as the Z now needs new tyres Sad

Do them yourself its a 15 minute job!

been tempting to get the kit to do them, balancing them is the easy part lol

Tenner a tyre fitted and balanced up here m8, think that price is well over the top thumb down

@Kenb wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

Do them yourself its a 15 minute job!

I may be tempted with an older set of wheels but no way with my nice new shiny ones as sods law says I'll scratch them lol

@Robbie wrote:
its the insurance thing with removing bike wheels off a bike you got to have another insurance with places that fit tyres for bikes thats why they say loose, ive got my own balancer and its easy enough to have a go your self watch a you tube vid! thumbs

Lets just cut to the chase on this matter of fitting tyres...most garages take offence on fitting tyres that they havent sold themselves hence the silly price they wanted to charge, its like buying a cheap pizza from pizza hut then taking it to your local italian restuarant sitting down and eating it Laughing me on the other dont mind fitting em meself for a small cost to the general public that is, i would fit tyres for anyone on here foc if you wanted em fitted thumbs

Very good of you Stu thumbs I may take you up on that blended in with a ride out, Just got to work out on carrying the tyres on the Z fofl

@Robbie wrote:
Very good of you Stu thumbs I may take you up on that blended in with a ride out, Just got to work out on carrying the tyres on the Z fofl
I would think after your ruck sack , it will be no probs Very Happy

@Robbie wrote:

one over each mirror Wink

@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

Haha yeah I forgot about that,it's up in the attic.. probably get a couple of pairs in that.

@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

Haha yeah I forgot about that,it's up in the attic.. probably get a couple of pairs in that.
you could take my BSA wheels in that too, get Stue to put me some new tyres on them thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

you could take my BSA wheels in that too, get Stue to put me some new tyres on them thumbs
thumbs

@Robbie wrote:
buy them online and have them delivered to stue problem solved mate thumbs

@Robbie wrote:
buy them online and have them delivered to stue problem solved mate thumbs
what a good idea Stan head bang

Actually I had already thought of that but thought I'd play on the idea as it would bring on some witty replies. thumbs