Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smorkle

What is your All-Time Favorite Book?

So, what is your all time favorite book? The one you've read so many times you lost track?
The one book you would take with you, to keep forever if you had to make that difficult choice...
What would it be?

ok, i'll go first...hee hee

i know a lot of people don't like this book because it's a bit slow and boring (so i'm told *humph!*) but i've read this a thousand times... mine is

The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

I just really love it. It's sad, lonely, profound and very human!

smorkle wrote:
ok, i'll go first...hee hee

i know a lot of people don't like this book because it's a bit slow and boring (so i'm told *humph!*) but i've read this a thousand times... mine is

The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

I just really love it. It's sad, lonely, profound and very human!

i read them when i was child!!!!!!!!!!!reminds me my childhood now im 25 years old!!!!!!!

That's hard because I love so many books and stories. I think my favorite would have to be Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene (although I am wont to say that I didn't like the ending very much).

esperia wrote:
i read them when i was child!!!!!!!!!!!reminds me my childhood now im 25 years old!!!!!!!

hee hee. if you ever decide to read it again, it reads differently as an adult Smile

Tiddly Winks wrote:
That's hard because I love so many books and stories. I think my favorite would have to be Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene (although I am wont to say that I didn't like the ending very much).

i know, it's so hard to decide. what is this book about? it sounds like something i might like... you can do a book review on the other thread if you want to Smile

I can't choose my all time favourite book. But there are some stories I found on Neopets. My all time favourite story that I found on Interenet is : ''What went wrong: Tale of a Cowardly Kacheek''.
My favourite story that has parts is: ''Vira's Dagger''

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen...wish there was a Mr. Darcy in my life...lol

I love Pride and prefudice...as well as Romeo and Juliet...2 amazingly written books.

When I was a child, my favourite book was deffinately little women by Louisa May Allcot, and this is one book I can still read, even though I know most of it word for word lol

my favourite book has a great sentimental value for me is a specially designed book from kindergarten teacher in which each kid is the protagonist in his/her own story and with our classmates and we have a swan and a fairy and have a fantastic story!!!!!! so sweet!

Wow - you all made such great choices.

Mine 2 favourites are:

The Prince of Tides - Pat Conroy (if you've seen the film, please read the book too as its SO much more of a story of Southern excess and excentricity)
The Clockwinder - Ann Tyler (the story of a girl who becomes entwined in a family's life because they cannot exist without her)

I;m gonna dig out Summer of my German Soldier though

dont read alot but i have read alot of Stephen King stuff and Dean Koontz ,, i find Koontz to be the better author

TING-TONG wrote:
dont read alot but i have read alot of Stephen King stuff and Dean Koontz ,, i find Koontz to be the better author

I kind of agree actually, with one noteable exception..."The girl who love Tom Gordon" is a great story by King Smile

i move around alot cos of uni but i never forget to take my lioness's rampant book (tamora pierce amazing book series) or a harry potter any harry potter lol but one must come with me :

I love Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I can't even remember how many times I've read it.

I like reading what everyone's favorite books are congratulations

My favourite book is Mythago Wood, written by Robert Holdstock Smile

Now it is "The name of this book is Secret"

Guest Guest
My favorites are:

1- Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maude Montgomery
(November 30, 1874 – April 24, 1942)
This book is a big part of Canadian Culture.
Since publication, Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million books. In addition, this book is taught to students around the world.
I've read it over 100 times! And it's a THICK book! (3 in one)

"Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert, brother and sister who live together at Green Gables, a farm in the village of Avonlea, on Prince Edward Island in Canada, decide to adopt a boy from an orphan asylum in Nova Scotia as a helper on their farm. Through a series of mishaps, the person who ends up under their roof is a precocious girl of eleven named Anne Shirley. Anne is bright and quick, eager to please and talkative, but dissatisfied with her name, her pale countenance dotted with freckles, and with her long braids of red hair. Although wishing she was named Cordelia, she insists that if you are to call her Anne, it must be spelt with an 'E', as it is "so much more distinguished." Being a child of imagination, however, Anne takes much joy in life, and adapts quickly, thriving in the environment of Prince Edward Island. She is something of a chatterbox, and drives the prim, duty-driven Marilla to distraction, although shy Matthew falls for her immediately. The rest of the book recounts her continued education at school, where she excels in studies very quickly, her budding literary ambitions and her friendships with people such as Diana Barry (her best friend, "bosom friend" as Anne fondly calls her), Jane Andrews, Ruby Gillis, and her rivalry with Gilbert Blythe, who teases her about her red hair and for that earns her hatred, although he apologizes many times. Anne and Gilbert compete in class and Anne one day realizes she no longer hates Gilbert, but will not admit it; at the end of the book, they both become very good friends. The book also follows her misadventures in quiet, old-fashioned Avonlea. These adventures include her games with her friends (Diana, Jane and Ruby), her rivalries with the Pye sisters (Gertie and Josie) and her domestic mistakes such as dyeing her hair green or accidentally getting Diana drunk (by giving her what she thinks is raspberry cordial but is actually red wine). Anne, along with Gilbert, Ruby, Josie, Jane and several other students, eventually go to the Queen's Academy and obtains a teaching license in one year, in addition to winning the Avery Prize in English, which allows her to pursue a B.A. at Redmond College. The book ends with Matthew's death, caused by a heart attack after learning of the loss of all his and Marilla's money. Anne shows her devotion to Marilla and Green Gables by giving up the Avery Prize, deciding to stay at home and help Marilla, whose eyesight is diminishing, and teaching at the Carmody school, the nearest school available. To show his friendship, Gilbert Blythe gives up his teaching position in the Avonlea School to work at White Sands School instead, thus enabling Anne to teach at the Avonlea School and stay at Green Gables all through the week. After this kind act, Anne and Gilbert become friends, and Anne is proud of following the "bend in the road.""

2- Princes in exile: A novel - Mark Schreiber
"Camp Hawkins - it's a special place for cancer patients in remission. For three short weeks these bunk mates are allowed to be normal teenagers, battling hormones, challenging dares, and competing for prizes, despite theri extraordinary knowledge that they may never greet their twenties or watch their parents grow old. This book is about living a lifetime in a few short weeks. It is about preparing to let got of a life by magnifying the months, days, hours, seconds that these funny, brave, tender teenagers have left. This novel is a cure."

I usualy read Historical Romance novels, but every now and then I like to read a good old novel. I found this book to be an excelent read. The story line is that of a boy who has cancer and goes to a summer camp for kids with that same illness. He forms friendships, know's first love, and deals with loss... This book was a short but great novel. The story line is simple and the book easy to read. I would recomend it to adults as well as pre-teens, but expecialy to teenagers. This book made me realize what the human spirit can do in times of harship as well as made me apreciate what I had in mine. I found this book at one of my favorite hang outs: a used bookstore thay mostly has out of print books. I truly hope you can find it or get it second hand. Feelings overpowered me. It's a real touching book. It's short, so please if you can find it, please read it!

I would have to say that my all time fav book would have to be Isle of woman by piers anothony, actually any book that man has wriiten has become my new fav book, if u have never read a book by him, might i highly recommend that u do!!

i have tons of favorite books but i guess Fell By David Clement-Davies was pretty good