Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wish Fairy

The Kind Hearts Contest - winners revealed !

Wish & Zoonie
present

“The Kind Hearts Contest”

WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED

First Prize - FRANNIE

Second Prize - DAWN (YDAWN)

Third Prize - CHARLOTTELOUISE:good:

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE - SENDING PRIZES VERY SOON.
THANKS TO ALL WHO ENTERED

Thank you as always to our lovely friends for the generous prize donations Smile

PS from Zoonie, thanks for playing and congrats to all Smile Thanks Wish for all your work on this too

*PLEASE NOTE edited question for Friday's Q.4*

Questions
Sunday 14th February (starting you off gently Smile )
1. Wiliam Shakespeare wrote about Valentine and Proteus. Who were they ?
2. Who abolished Valentines day for being too frivolous and irreligious?
3. Who was the first woman in space?
4. In which language does, "Wani ra yana ro aisha" mean “I love you” ?

Monday 15th February - Romantic Song Lyrics
1. From which song are these Lyrics
“Don’t you dare close your eyes, A hundred things to see”
2. Name the band and the song
“I wish I could carry your smile in my heart, for times when I feel so low”
3. Who sang this and what’s it called
“He’s magic and myth, As strong as what I believe, A tragedy with more damage than a soul should see”
4. What are the next lines of this song and name the band
“ And when the stars are shining brightly in the velvet sky I’ll make a wish, send it to heaven, then make you cry"
Tuesday 16th Feb - Romantic Movies
1. The following 4 people appeared together in this 2006 movie
Ralph Fiennes, Willem Defoe, Julietter Binoche and Kristin Scott Thomas
Name the movie, the author of the book it was based on, and the name of the director
2. The Director of the movie in Question 1, also directed a famous British romantic movie starring Alan Rickman and Juliet Stevenson. Name the movie
3. “I carried a watermelon” is a famous line from which movie and what is the full name of the character who had that line
4. This is from a 2001 movie starring Nicholas Cage.
"When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.". Name the movie

Wednesday 17th Feb - Romantic Jewels
1. How much does the Millenium Star Diamond weigh and how many facets does it have
2. Name 2 of Tiffany’s jewellery designers
3. Give us the name of the UK company where the Queens crown jeweller works & the name of that jeweller
4. What’s the name of the scale used to measure mineral hardness

Thursday 18th February - Celebrity Romance
1. Where did Madonna spend Valentines Day in 2010, and who was she with
2. Name the venue and country of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise wedding
3. Which celebrity couple had an Independence Day wedding at Luttrellstown Castle?
4. This mother of twins was once a 'Wedding Planner' and organised more than one wedding for herself...who was she famously engaged to and who is she married to now?

Friday 19th Fev - Final Round
1. Together for 5 years, this Hollywood A List couple have been fighting off rumours of a split - they put on a display of togetherness at the Super Bowl as they cheered on the winning side...who are they?

2. As Pongo is to Perdita, Phillip is to.....? who?

3. This musician had one of the highest priced celebrity divorces, and it wasn't even a long lasting marriage - not that long anyway. Name two of his groups' hit songs with the word love in the title.

4. Name and describe the kind of wedding cake which is a traditional French confection.

Tie-break question:
Name the dishes that would be in your perfect valetines meal

are we suppose to send the answers now or at the end of the week im confused lol !

Paige<3 wrote:
are we suppose to send the answers now or at the end of the week im confused lol !

"You need to send your answers at the end of the week to Wish Fairy or Zoonie by PM only please.
(only send 1 set of answers – please do not send a different set of answers each day)"

Paige - as it says, you just need to send 1 PM at the end of the week with ALL you answers, so you have to come each day to check the questions Smile

Wish Fairy wrote:
Paige<3 wrote:

"You need to send your answers at the end of the week to Wish Fairy or Zoonie by PM only please.
(only send 1 set of answers – please do not send a different set of answers each day)"

Paige - as it says, you just need to send 1 PM at the end of the week with ALL you answers, so you have to come each day to check the questions Smile

okay few , i was thinking that but was just checking Ashamed

Oooooo I only just saw this quiz, will have a bash but I'm not very good at the lyricy type quizes...

Good quiz though ladeez, definitely joining in xx

Hooray - and thanks Wish for getting it under way.

It doesn't matter how good you think you are, Google is your friend Dawn Laughing

and having a go is fun Smile

Roll Up!

Roll Up - it shouldn't be beyond anyone, get into the romantic spirit ♥️

Wish Fairy wrote:

1. How much does the Millenium Star Diamond weigh and how many facets does it have
3. Give us the name of the UK company where the Queens crown jeweller works & the name of that jeweller

That question about the Crown Jewellers is just too spooky and when people find out the answer, they'll know why Laughing

I am just a bit confused about last question posting vs deadline.... can yu clear that up for me, please? I'm loving this so far!

Zoonie wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:

That question about the Crown Jewellers is just too spooky and when people find out the answer, they'll know why Laughing

LOL I know ....I could NOT believe it Laughing

Frannie wrote:
I am just a bit confused about last question posting vs deadline.... can yu clear that up for me, please? I'm loving this so far!

Well, Frannie, I wanted to make sure that everyone got a chance to enter and if some people wanted to leave even looking at the questions until Friday .....could be that they would be a bit short of time. Also I won't have a chance to even look at the answer until then so ....why not be gnerous
congratulations

Zoonie wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:

I couldn't believe it either Gill hun, thought you must have had a hand in it

Great quiz btw....and Gill, I'm better at it than I thought I would be

TanyaRC wrote:
You guys are wicked ........

Is that wicked as in fabulous, or wicked like the Queen in Snow White? congratulations

DawnyDawn wrote:
Zoonie wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:

I couldn't believe it either Gill hun, thought you must have had a hand in it

Great quiz btw....and Gill, I'm better at it than I thought I would be

Good news Dawn Smile

It just so turns out that both Wish and I are going to be a bit busy at the end of the week/weekend. I'm out all day on Saturday and some of Sunday, so we need time to get together and sort out the results anyway - a bit of flexibility wont hurt.

Just nipping out to check the safe and security arrangements Laughing

thanks for clearing up the deadline.. I just wanted to be sure i didn't miss it, with working Friday. Am enjoying the quiz very much.. don't even feel the need to collaborate yet LOL

One more quick question... are words missing from question number 2 for Thursday?

I imagine it's the country and venue for their wedding Frannie, but that's not one of my questions.

Wish Fairy wrote:

2. Name the venue and country of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

Sorry to be a bother Wish but is this the complete question? Do you want to know the venue of their wedding? Or am I just being a bit thick

Frannie wrote:
One more quick question... are words missing from question number 2 for Thursday?

Zoonie wrote:
I imagine it's the country and venue for their wedding Frannie, but that's not one of my questions.

Note to self....Always read back a page or two before posting

Ooops sorry guys. Frannie well done for spotting that ...it is, as Gill says "wedding"

Thanks

Ok so last questions are posted (make sure you put an answer for the tie breaker please)
As SUzanne said - Get googling people congratulations

Ooops! Not sure if question 4 for Friday questions is a mistake??? or is it a trick question???

xx

Frannie wrote:
you're getting paranoid now, Partner!

Ha ha! Yes I am a bit...thanks for letting me know the question had been changed, just picked up the message and ran right over will have to do my visits tonight now

Gill and Wish I pm'd my entry over to both of you

Thanks for the quiz it was great fun

Wish I have answers from both Dawn and from Frannie (who also sent to you I believe)

CharlotteLouise wrote:
Good luck everyone Smile
I probably got loads wrong lol ahwell. WishFairy did you get my pm?

Hi Charlotte - yes I have it - thank you Smile

Wish Fairy wrote:
CharlotteLouise wrote:
Good luck everyone Smile
I probably got loads wrong lol ahwell. WishFairy did you get my pm?

Hi Charlotte - yes I have it - thank you Smile

Ooh ok good good, thankyou for letting me know Smile

Let me know later Wish, if you're around, I'm out all day - need to send some prizes over to you so you can send.