Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wish Fairy

Your Real Life Wishlist - care to share ?

Hi Everyone,
I've been chatting and making new friends in PS for a while now. I met some great people so far and we share details of our everyday lives (triumphs and frustrations alike), but, I've been wondering about the people that I've met here and what they're real life ambitions, hopes and dreams are....

So, I'm a self employed business consultant today but my childhood dream was to be a writer.
Today I wish that I could leave my day to day life and become am International Aid volunteer, but other responsibilities have kind of overtaken me.
Also, if I had money, I would open a book shop with a small deli attached, so people could snack on good munchies while they read their new book congratulations

Of course, don't feel obliged to share more than you feel comfortable with but I'd love to hear about your real life wishes and dreams.

congratulationscongratulations

aww...

i wish to
- to go to australia in winter
- to go to australia in summer
- to go to australia in spring
- to go to australian in autinmn
- to buy pf cash lol

congratulations he he

tweet40 wrote:
aww...

i wish to
- to go to australia in winter
- to go to australia in summer
- to go to australia in spring
- to go to australian in autinmn
- to buy pf cash lol

congratulations he he

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Thanks Tweet ...............too funny !

As my first poster you can have a PS wishlist gift. Any 10 cc item of your choice 8) 8)

wish - you have a good heart!

mine...
i want to stop working and just be a volunteer (doing the same thing i do now though). i know that doesn't make much sense since i'm doing what i love and getting paid for it, but it's not the same. if i won the lotto, i would quit my job and go back as a volunteer and do it that way.

the other thing is, i would clone my cat! LOL. i know that's bizarre, but she's getting old (14 years). i got her when i was in college and i think about the day she's going to die and it makes me sad...so...i wish i could clone her. she's a bit fat brat, but i love her to pieces!

smorkle wrote:
wish - you have a good heart!

mine...
i want to stop working and just be a volunteer (doing the same thing i do now though). i know that doesn't make much sense since i'm doing what i love and getting paid for it, but it's not the same. if i won the lotto, i would quit my job and go back as a volunteer and do it that way.

the other thing is, i would clone my cat! LOL. i know that's bizarre, but she's getting old (14 years). i got her when i was in college and i think about the day she's going to die and it makes me sad...so...i wish i could clone her. she's a bit fat brat, but i love her to pieces!

Smorkle - I do know what you mean about the volunteer thing. Would be cool to win the lottery and do something valuable for someone for free Smile

The cloning thing, yea - now that I can 100% relate to. I have 2 dogs and they are both aging. My older dog is 16..and soon..... I can't bear to think of it actually. So I totally would clone them both if I could.

in the future i'm sure we'll be able to clone our house pets (as cloning already exists) but that is a scary idea too - a whole other topic!

LOL - you're right, cloning is a WHOLE other forum not only a whole other thread

Sharon ..... This is thought provoking ......

I am an Air Traffic Controller .. I work at a place called Jacksonville Center...We control airplanes that are between airports. Whenever you fly, the pilot is in communications with controllers who are at the departure airport, then he talks to me and my co-workers, then he goes back to the controllers who work at the destination airport to land ..

I have a wonderful job that will allow me to retire in 4 years ... That will be pretty good ... to be 48 and retired .... congratulations

What would I like to do then?? I would love to have a beautiful yard. I never seem to have enough time to work on it now with my crazy schedule. I want to travel. I have never been to Europe. We have traveled a fair amount in the US, and been to the BVI's a couple of times.

If I could have done something else with my life, i would have been a teacher. Growing up, that is what I wanted to do .. I love to see someone learn something. I am a trainer at work and provide OJTI to the new kids at work, and it is awesome to see the "light" of understanding come on.

this is so provoking and everyone's answers are so interesting ... I am going to be selfish with mine and say that the thing I want most in the world is a Disneyland wedding! LOL But I gotta get proposed to first.

I would also love to own a home but that will never happen, unless I win the lottery!!

Tanya - retiring early sounds good. I hope you have a lot of plans for that garden (if not come to UK and help out with mine Laughing )

Mindy - a Disney wedding - so sweet! We saw one in LA - the cinderella carriage and footmen, the whole 9 yards! It looked really wonderful

my real life wishlist?

I always wanted to travel - see places, get to know people and their customs, try their food.
When I was little I grew up behind iron curtain and travelling was very difficult and very restricted. My family didn't have lots of money so I didn't travel abroad until I was 19 and that was the time I came to UK.

Now I have the oportunity to travel but don't have the money.

If I win lottery I would take at least year off and go and see the world.
There is so much more I would do with the money (fulfilling my friends dreams, helping charities etc.) but selfish as I sound - travelling would be my #1 on my to do list.

Another selfish wish - more time. You always see something or hear about someone doing something and you say I would love to do/try that one day - and the one day never comes Sad
I would love the time to do all those things...

Oh yeah I also want to find happiness (whatever and whoever might bring it to me).

Bee - how lovely to see you - it's been ages. I hope the move is going ok for you.

I think I agree with you - travel and see as many places and cultures as I could would be amazing.

Thanks for sharing

hihi my dream is to do around the world tour after I graduated this coming april 14!!!congratulations

FInally! After a long year of studying....! >.

Mimi - that sounds cool -
Do you have an itinerary planned ?

(also check your FB link - it takes me to my home page Smile )

A very thought provoking thread Wish how clever of you...

Now let me see:

I've never been very ambitious career wise and so I have no further wishes on this except to remain healthy enough to continue until retirement; which depends totally on when my husband decides to retire as I refuse point blank to continue rising early and dragging myself to work whilst he stays home all day congratulations

We enjoy riding out on our Gold Wing motor bike during the summer months and so I suppose I wish for long hot summers!!

Travelling around Europe are our immediate wishes and then perhaps, once we retire, I think a bike ride across America and then Australia.

We're riding to Spain in June this year and spending two weeks over there, exploring and attending a Treffen (which apparently means gathering of friends) with other Gold Wingers from around Europe. We're both very excited about this the only downside is we're going by Ferry to Bilboa and I'd much rather have gone by Eurotunnel and ridden down (or is it up?) to Spain.

So that's about it OH NO...I wish for happiness and health for my two gorgeous children too.

And happiness and health to all of my dear friends here and in real life.

Hey Dawn...I wish you a lovely long and sunny summer then - it sounds wonderful.

congratulations

oooo I'm liking this thread because I don't have to type quickly.. my I key has gotten stuck somehow.

My most fervent wish is that Mark could get a heart transplant (or that stem cell research evolves enough to grow heart muscle) and do all the things we dreamed of early on in our marriage.

Second most - Arizona calls my name. I love it, love the people we already know there. The wish part come in n dream to have adjoining properties with my brother.. shared yards, but separate houses. And as long as I am building a compound, I'd love a few houses for our closest cousins and a guest house for anyone to use!

Wish Fairy wrote:
Mimi - that sounds cool -
Do you have an itinerary planned ?

(also check your FB link - it takes me to my home page Smile )

u know i dun really know watz wrong with my link I always fix it and then everyone say again my link to fb is broken :o

Frannie.............how are you ? Are you back or just managed to get access to PC ?

I can visualise your lovely Arizona family compound so clearly... congratulations

Mimi = it happens to me too. I think sometimes when FB updates the security settings get changed and then we can't see you FB link - it so annoying !

I'm a student at the moment and never regretted the choices I made, although sometimes I wonder why I ever started my photography studies and didn't do anything else in stead of it. Still, I don't regret it, I really don't, because I learned a lot and it's still handy to use whenever I go to a concert or make photos in my free time. That being said... As a little girl I've always wanted to be a teacher. That still isn't too late for me as I'm still considering to do one year more for that diploma. (I'm trying to get more info about it now and it all depends on my results in July) I've always been interested in justice and law, so that was another option, but thought it was a bit too heavy and hard for me.

I've always loved traveling, so one day I would really like to cross through the USA, visit Canada, Australia and so on. If nothing kept me here (friends, family, ...) I always said I would move to the USA.

And there are still a lot of things I wished were different in my life concerning family, health and so on, but coping and growing up with those 'difficulties' (don't know how to call them otherwise), I don't feel really bad about it, because they all helped to making me who I am right now. Still. I wonder how things would have looked like if they were different. I try to avoid thinking about and imagining all of that, because sometimes it makes me sad.

I think that's about it, to keep the list short, because knowing me... once I get started, it's hard to stop : D

Wish Fairy wrote:
Frannie.............how are you ? Are you back or just managed to get access to PC ?

I can visualise your lovely Arizona family compound so clearly... congratulations

Mimi = it happens to me too. I think sometimes when FB updates the security settings get changed and then we can't see you FB link - it so annoying !

I'm back, but running 40 different directions!

BG - the law sounds interesting and you are so smart I tdon't think it would be that hard to make it (although maybe you're right about it being heavy )

I think you're so right about not wanting to change those difficullties and challenges = those are the tings that shape us most often for the better.

Frannie wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:

I'm back, but running 40 different directions!

Well great to see you. Hope you had a fab time.

My perfect wishlist comprises the usual things - for all my family to be healthy, happy and financially secure. I don't long for much more than I have really, am contented - although a bit more would always be nice Smile I've been really blessed to find the most wonderful life partner very early in my life, and couldn't wish for better. I gave up my ambition to become a barrister in criminal law, because he thought my going away would probably mean the end of our relationship, and although I have pangs sometimes, how can I regret that decision now? I might have hated it, or been hopeless!

In a parallel life, I'd have liked the chance to live in a beautiful part of Africa, work with nature conservation, perhaps also running very small lodge and safari type holidays like we went on once, and working with the local community probably teaching English.
It was the best holiday we ever had, and the sights, sounds and smells were unforgettable. Although nature can be cruel, it was also very peaceful and that's what I like, a nice peaceful life. Although it would be hard work, it would have an element of social life to it sometimes and would be very rewarding. I wouldn't do it now though, too long in the tooth.

If I could wave a magic wand and have some skills or talents with no effort, it would mean I could speak at least one other language, play piano and guitar well enough, and have skin that tans beautifully without burning at the merest suggestion the sun might show its face

One thing we have done, was to build our own house, and I did all the project management - at some time in the future, I'd be keen to do that again if we ever found the right plot of land, but seeing as we love where we live now, I can't really see that being very likely.

If my Fairy Godmother's listening, I'd also really like to either discover, or invent something, that changed people's lives

Aww Gill.....maybe you are your own fairy godmother. I think the work you do at C&G adds a little something to everyones life even if it's only in a small way

Oh

Thanks so much for saying that.
Lots of people do t'internet and forum stuff, but although our group's small these days, I think it's quite perfectly formed, and all of us are very fond of each other in a grounded and real way, not just a gushy, easy to type way

Wish Fairy wrote:
Nope - we're not Gushy - that's for darn sure Laughing

Hi Wish
My real life wish is simple - to share a curry and a beer with Chris (Big B) in Perth Australia. Love and miss her loads. Maybe one day Smile

cogsy wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:
Nope - we're not Gushy - that's for darn sure Laughing

Hi Wish
My real life wish is simple - to share a curry and a beer with Chris (Big B) in Perth Australia. Love and miss her loads. Maybe one day Smile

Oh Marie - haven't seen you for AGES

Beer and curry down under sounds like it could be do-able !! I didn't have a curry while I was over there but the beer is good!
Do you think you could get out there any time soon ?

I see no one has been in here in a few days. I myself have just stumbled upon it. I have read every post. A lot of us just want the ability to travel and enjoy our lives and world. I would love to go and see where my family comes from, Ireland. If my husband manages to get stationed in Germany I am SO there.

Second, it's not really a wish because I know it will happen in 8+ months, but I want us to live in our own place.

Third, is to finish my college education and carry my 4.0 avg to the end.

Love and miss you all.

Aaaw miss you too Rina. Best of luck with all of those

Ree Von Gree wrote:
I see no one has been in here in a few days. I myself have just stumbled upon it. I have read every post. A lot of us just want the ability to travel and enjoy our lives and world. I would love to go and see where my family comes from, Ireland. If my husband manages to get stationed in Germany I am SO there.

Second, it's not really a wish because I know it will happen in 8+ months, but I want us to live in our own place.

Third, is to finish my college education and carry my 4.0 avg to the end.

Love and miss you all.

Hey Rina...thanks for posting. I really hope you get your wishes (although I'm sure your GPA will be 100% fab!)

Ireland - so beautiful...................one day my dear!

Guest Guest
My real life wishlist is to become a violin professor and to teach students to improve their violin playing skills. I wish for a good payday and to have a normal life as well,along with a family and 2 kids on the way lol!

I am practicing harder and harder these days,and my violin skills are improving,and I sincerely hope that I will have a good future.

Lazar wrote:
My real life wishlist is to become a violin professor and to teach students to improve their violin playing skills. I wish for a good payday and to have a normal life as well,along with a family and 2 kids on the way lol!

I am practicing harder and harder these days,and my violin skills are improving,and I sincerely hope that I will have a good future.

Wow Lazar...that sounds amazing. I would love to have a gift for music, but actually, I'm mediocre Laughing