Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Please do me a favor.

Hey everyone.

I don't know where to post this, so I am posting it here in the PS chat forum. If the moderators want to move it elsewhere, that's cool, but I figured that it would be a good idea to say something about this before I really freak out.

The issue is this: I do not like being asked if I have CC's to sell. If I have them, I will let people know, but I get asked this question just about every day, and it's starting to grate on my nerves. So please, if you are looking for CCs, please don't ask me about them, just post in the trading forum and let others come to you if they have any to trade.

Thanks.

I know how you feel. Everyday some of my friends send me a message or asked me in school: ''Do you have CC?". Plus, I don't know why they ask you if you want to sell CC. Cause everyone who sells something posts in the Trading Forum.

Tiddly, I know exactly how you feel!!! I get asked on a daily basis also and it also gets on my nerves. Sometimes I wonder if that is the only reason certain people are my friends. I totally agree, if you need cc post a thread. Besides it is much safer for both traders!

It is and I like to help out others that truely appreciate it or need it when I can. But, I can't stand it when you have beggers that constantly bother you. Especially after they see you helping others.

the meaning is to help others when you feel you can offer and without being asked!!!!! otherwise wouldn't be a gift! i always help my friends and buying them items and you my sweet Dawn are a guardian angel so as Tiddly , is not right from others to ask or demand for items specially from you, otherwise thy yould take advantage of you and it is not ethical right or fair!

I hate when I collect collectible stickers and some of my friends collect. They constantly beg me to give them a rare sticker which I don't have. I only give duplicate collectibles ( In real life) when I have a duplicate and I said it 10 000 times. I like to give sometimes a collectible that I don't have to someone that needs it to complete a collection and didn't begged me for 10 days.

Fashionista wrote:
there is difference between asking kindly and politely and begging!

I agree. Some of my friends don't know a difference in begging and asking politely for something.

Another thing that really urks me along with the cc is the rare items. When they (usually the same few) ask you for your rare items, then you see them selling those same items in the forum. Sorry Tiddly I know that this was your thread, I am glad you started it. I have been feeling the same way for awhile now and it felt good to get it off my chest!!

dawnbrans wrote:
Another thing that really urks me along with the cc is the rare items. When they (usually the same few) ask you for your rare items, then you see them selling those same items in the forum. Sorry Tiddly I know that this was your thread, I am glad you started it. I have been feeling the same way for awhile now and it felt good to get it off my chest!!

Problems or something that bothers you feels MUCH smaller when you share it with friends.

i also love to help my ps friends and friends in rl also and i do so because they never beg me for something and they always thank me when they see me and send me something little in return!

Well, it's not just that, but they keep asking, and on Mondays it's especially bad. I am completely and unmistakably broke. I would love to buy another butterfly, but I don't have the coins for it, so I'll enjoy the one I have.

The problem is, I don't really think that some of these people realize that these cash coins cost real money or that the well does eventually run dry. We can earn coins in PS to buy the regular shop items that we want, but when I can buy CC's, I do so to make a few really good friends happy, but I also buy them to make me happy and enhance my joy with the game. I cannot find joy in being nagged about whether I have some to trade. If I did, then I would post a thread.

Lately, it's just been ingame messages asking if I have CC's to trade. Now I will make it official, if I did, I would have to raise my price for them since things are getting so crazy price-wise...but anymore the only things that I have really liked have been the cash shop items, because among other things, they aren't pink, baby blue, or white. So, I have been spending more of the coins on myself as opposed to trading them.

Go with it all you want, dawn, at least you and me are on the same page. Smile

Dawn!!!!!!!!!!! that is the worst!!!!!! the gift you have made to my princess are amazing and thank you soooooo much, i can not think why someone would sell such gifts!!!!! i even put them in my room to see them so as never to forget your generosity and i'm always so happy to see them because i think of you and i feel loved!

and also Tiddly my bedroom is my favourite room to have all your gifts!!!!

dawnbrans wrote:

But, you're right, it really does bum me out that people do this. That's why I am very selective about who I gift what to. It does feel good to get it off my chest, too.

i'm so grateful that i feel horrible that you feel that way! wish i could make something to make you feel better!

I totally agree with you..there has been many a person on my friends list who I have deleted because they have started begging!

I have sold cc's in the past, but I cannot afford to do this any more, in fact I often struggle to get the cc items that I want for myself, and find it infuriating when people beg for items!

Tiddly Winks wrote:
dawnbrans wrote:

But, you're right, it really does bum me out that people do this. That's why I am very selective about who I gift what to. It does feel good to get it off my chest, too.

You are soo right, I also am very selective about who and what I gift to.....Thanks for sharing, it stinks but also feels good to know that I was not the only one feeling this way.

Tiddly I have a feeling I know who has been bugging you ...same person that was bugging me but I just click ignore ...he is very, very close to being deleted from my list altogether !!

Send them a warning or say them that it bothers you. It helped me to stop my 3 frineds for beggings me non-stop.

I have already disabled chat for these people, but now they are sending in game messages and it's driving me crazy. Sad

I NEVER have my chat enabled on facebook for this reason ...if anybody from here wants me they can send me a pm ...and if real life family and friends what me they can just phone ....the chat annoys me far too much

I have people from the States chatting with me at times, so it's kind of hard to just disable it completely. Since I left my home country, the chat thing is a sort of free way to converse with them instead of paying to call them.

Oh well, I fixed the settings on the chat so the people I want to chat with I can...but those who ask for coins are two seconds away from getting deleted because I'm getting tired of them asking.

same goes for the toooooons of messages about "do you sell this???? " arggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

yeah, I have that too, and that's annoying.

One of the advantages about Petville, I guess. But, still people should think that if it is in the house, then it is not for sale.

what advantages? i haven't checked petville in a looooooong time... i have things at my house that i also have for sale BUT i have a store!!! ask me there!!!!!!!!!

The advantage is that you cannot gift things, so no beggars. Whatever you have in your house you earned. I love being able to gift, but I must admit that I am fed up with people asking me to gift them stuff or if I have any CCs for sale.

I really don't enjoy people who send pms, or in game messages or even facebook messages asking me for items I've offered to others or have never even offered or sold at all! I normally remove them from my list and send them a message stating that I really don't enjoy being asked for items I have not offered to them personally or through a shop. If I choose to gift someone (which I love to do) I will do so as a surprise not as a request thats not gifting in my opinion.

I may have been guilty of asking someone for cc's but not more than an occasion and it was someone I knew. (not in the way that that you think either lol) These were not asking for free requests either. I don't expect gifts from others, I think that takes the enjoyment out of it! Who wants to make someone gift them something... I would imagine that wouldn't make either party feel very good about the gift....

I live for the pleasant surprise, but I want to give those out when I can, not when I am expected to or asked. That takes away from the fun of it. You're so right myladyyawo. I actually have a friend who comes to me and asks me...is there anything from the cash shop that you want? I never know what to say, but if I really love something, then I will say something like, since you asked, I really love ... but don't have enough coins this week for it.

I feel very badly asking her, but if she initiates it, then I will be completely honest. I usually, in turn, go and gift her something from the luxury shop because she doesn't always have time to go and get all her visits done. But, we are real life friends too, so we both know how much is too much. This is different than someone I don't really know posting inquiries....vastly different.

uggg! it really bugs me when people beg me and send me PMs about the cc's too.

you have such a great friend tiddly! yeah, and that is totally different, i agree.

Oh it's totally lovely. She is a wonderful friend, and someone I have grown to care very much for. I gave her one of my handsewn teddy bears when we met the first time and she named her after a character in one of my stories. Smile

But, yes, it is vastly different.

I haven't sold any online, as this is just a hobby of mine, but I have been known to sell or gift them to friends. Smile

I hate asking people for anything.. I get 20 messages a day from people asking for my stuff that was either given to me or I traded for on here.. I started deleting the really annoying one.. Even though I tell them a thousand time I can not afford to buy any CC's for myself the beg and whine.. All the CC items I have have been gifted by really dear real life friends.. Kathy (Bunnyfuzzyness) usually surprises me with items like the Tiger petling.. I was sleeping when she logged into mine and bought it for me..

opps i think im a little late on this thread,
bu anyways. i know how you feel Tiddly, that happens to me often too. and i just ignore them. i have to say that i was a CC seller before the 4999's whent off shops, but not anymore. and if i want to give somebodya CC gift i will do it as a surprise also, or as a wishlist granting, and only to PSFC members... not complete strangers.
i also dropped down my chatting list to only safe and good friends
that way i dont get anoying chat messages asking insistently for CC or any other item

I disabled chat for about 90 percent of the people on my friend list. That solved the problem...the one that I am talking aobut is the in game messages asking. I have pretty much stopped trading since the 4999s were taken out of the shops. Not because I am greedy or wanting more, but because I have everything I need, so I don't need to trade.

yes i knew you were talking about the little notes left on you door... those are the ones i simply ingonre... and it really upsets me coz when i load ps and find some laying there, i think "Wow its one of my lovely friends tell me something nice" and when i open it and see a "give cc's" with no "hello" or "please" it really brings my hopes down

lol! well... what you need comes and goes tiddly! you know what i mean falcor right????

but never the less you can also trade something else and not cc's for something... I hate going to pet society and have any kind of messages! (ok some are more than welcomed but you get what i mean) ESPECIALLY when i have a store here!!!!!!! and they keep asking for things from my house!! ASK ME ON MY STORY IF I HAVE SOMETHING YOU DON'T SEE THERE OR YOU REMEMBER I ONCE HAD IT!!!!!

in my opinion the only things that really worths it apart from the extra rooms (which i will never have i think... Sad ) is the little things that give little extra rooms and of course the shoes!!!! I feel sooooo lucky having them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ok i have to OT threads and pm's! Ashamed )

It does. Before I disabled chat, I would get messages like 'do you have one of these items for me?' without so much as a 'how are you?'.

I try very hard to at least ask people how they are before I ask for a favor and usually it's phrased as 'Is this an in shop item and if so, where may I get one?' I simply am not the sort of person who says 'gimme'.

OH btw, Lucky Strike, thank you for the two MBs for my entry in your contest. I got two 999 items, but I'm keeping them, one was a candy jar. Yay!!!!!

i sure know what you mean Lucky

and its even more anoyin when i dont even have a store here or anywhere Laughing

you know what will be great, privacy settings on PS,, we could be able to block players for sending notes

(i dont know how to use this little emotion, but i just love it hehehe)

Tiddly Winks wrote:

OH btw, Lucky Strike, thank you for the two MBs for my entry in your contest. I got two 999 items, but I'm keeping them, one was a candy jar. Yay!!!!!

that remnd me, have you heard of that they are removing water jugs form the boxes.. i have some extras,, do you and Lucky want one?

you're lucky!!!! Usually i get nothing from them!!! ANd now you got 2 999's! lol! but i'm happy!!!! congratulations (now it's not only my fault for OTing the thread! )

sometimes i may also send a note likes yours tiddly... Sometimes i also may send a note and i ACTUALLY have noooo clue from this item came from! (rare i know... Ashamed ) oh! yesterday i sended a pm about the name of an item as i don't know it and i like it! can't wait to log into ps and find the answer!!! -well... if he answered! )