Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaiamaiden

Have you ever seen or thought you had seen someone famous while shopping?

I was at work today in ASDA (my local supermarket) and i could have sworn I saw Jasper from Twilight walking around lol This got me thinking, have any of you ever seen someone famous while you were doing your weekly shop?? Smile

I swear I saw Roberto Luongo (goalie of the hockey team in my hometown) at the mall while I was shopping for a dress. I still didn't buy a dress...damn being in between two sizes.

@gaia:
you saw jasper??? did he look hungry? LOL

i've seen some people.
let's see...
i saw michael jackson once at an antique shop on melrose - he looked really pasty and scary.
umm...richard gere came to pick up his daughter from gymnastics at my school...
and some other people too, but those were the biggest ones. well, i live in southern california so we get to see them once in awhile.

yes i saw in animal shop one famous singer from russia and in swimming pool actress

OH. you reminded me.

I saw almost the whole twilight cast..they were filming a scene.

I saw zac efron filming.

lots of people..I probably just don't recognize them all.

I do live in hollywood north. Laughing

I saw several of the Houston Rockets basketball players in a restaurant back in 1994 (thereabouts). We were seated at the next table talking about college exams and eating chicken wings. My friend started seeing girls flocking to their table, and I could only see their reflection in a mirror.

I was annoyed, because they were all screaming and squealing, and I thought at the dinner table everyone deserved their privacy. Anyway, Marie (the gal I was with) looked at me. 'Do you know who they are?' She asked. I said 'Yeah, but people should leave them alone so they can eat'. I guess one of them heard our conversation because when they got up to leave, they waved to me as what I perceived as a sign of 'thanks'.

My celebraty is someone you have probably never heard of lol

When out shopping in Cardiff with my Mum we saw Ieuan Evans ( a very famous Welsh rugby player)....my son is also named Ieuan Smile

He was really nice, and very impressed that my son had the same name as him...and even held my son(he was only a few months old) so I could take a photo of them

I was there with Lisa obviously and met Ieuan Evans ...the other one that comes to mind is seeing Sid Owen (Ricky from Eastenders ) in Charles De Gaulle airport ...he even got on the same flight as me back to Cardiff!

Oh well... I have seen a couple famous people from my country!
And if it counts a was in the first row of a consert of infected mushroom! (it wasn't a high stage so they were litterarly 1 meter away from us! Maybe less!

i saw vlade divac a few times (a famous basketball player from our country) whille shopping...

blah.... nothing much....

@gaia seriously? jasper?

@mango i wanna live there too

I dont think she actually saw Jasper...just someone who looked like him

tweet40 wrote:
i saw vlade divac a few times (a famous basketball player from our country) whille shopping...

@gaia seriously? jasper?

hehe, lots of movies are filmed here. That's why lots of people call it North Hollywood. It's no biggie here if you see someone famous..we just let them do their stuff...usually unless there's a bunch of girls and justin bieber there.

Lea is right, i was just leaning on the counter and i looked over and i saw someone who looked just like Jasper from Twilight, i had to look twice just to make sure, this lad looked just like him!

Mangoberri wrote:
tweet40 wrote:

@gaia seriously? jasper?

hehe, lots of movies are filmed here. That's why lots of people call it North Hollywood. It's no biggie here if you see someone famous..we just let them do their stuff...usually unless there's a bunch of girls and justin bieber there.

ewww... justin bieber.... :/

tweet40 wrote:
Mangoberri wrote:
tweet40 wrote:

@gaia seriously? jasper?

ewww... justin bieber.... :/

but many people like him. lol.

he hasn't come here YET.

oh i just remembered, i saw tom hanks! i think that's the biggest actor i've seen so far. it was while he was filming castaway so he looked really bad. i saw him at the union station restaurant in downtown los angeles eating dinner. he sat at the table across from me. he was there with his wife. he looked like a homeless person!

This wasn't while shopping, but I did meet Robert Hays on two different occasions. If you don't know who that is, he played Ted Striker in Airplane. congratulations

I have not really met anyone famous - back home or even here in UK.

I have seen Nick Ferrari (he's show host on LBC radio) - he was helping his friend who just opened sports memorabilia shop - I had a chat with him and also got a picture taken with him - he was really nice.

I have been to Gordon Ramsay's book signing and he was nice too!

I saw Ronald Reagan at the Los Angeles airport when he was still governor of California. And back in '76, when I lived in New York, "Saturday Night Fever" was being filmed in my neighborhood, so I saw John Travolta.

Gee, those both were so long ago! I guess my life has been boring ever since!

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Except when we visited...then it got interesting. congratulations

now, that is an understatement!