Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

Happy 4th July

A little about the 4th July
Independence Day also known as 4th of July is the birthday of the United States of America. It is celebrated on July 4th each year in the United States. It is the anniversary of the day on which the Declaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress - July 4, 1776. The day they announced to the world that the 13 colonies no longer belonged to Great Britain. Independence Day was first observed in Philadelphia on July 8, 1776.
On July 4, 1777, the night sky of Philadelphia lit up with the blaze of bonfires. Candles illuminated the windows of houses and public buildings. Church bells rang out load, and cannons were shot from ships breaking the silence. The city was celebrating the first anniversary of the founding of the United States
The Fourth of July soon became the main patriotic holiday of the entire country. Veterans of the Revolutionary War made a tradition of gathering on the Fourth to remember their victory. In towns and cities, the American flag flew; shops displayed red, white, and blue decorations; and people marched in parades that were followed by public readings of the Declaration of Independence. In 1941, Congress declared July 4 a federal legal holiday.

The 13 Colonies were

Connecticut
Delaware
Georgia
Maryland
Massachusetts Bay
New Hampshire
rockets New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Virginia

Happy 4th of July ...have a great day everyone and enjoy spending time with your families xx

Happy Independence Day to my friends in the US. We're not doing much, although I am American by birth. I do remember how we used to participate in the 4th of July parade in the small Midwest town where I spent my summers.

Oh the memories. Smile It was also on the 4th of July where I sang my very first solo. I was 8 at the time and sang Country Roads by John Denver and I sang it accapella. congratulations

Happy independance day to all our American friends, hope you all enjoy your celebrations xxx

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Oh the memories. Smile It was also on the 4th of July where I sang my very first solo. I was 8 at the time and sang Country Roads by John Denver and I sang it accapella. congratulations

I'm not into country music at all, but have to say I totally love that song!

Guest Guest

Happy 4th of July Smile

Happy 4th of July to all the American members congratulations hope you have a wonderful day.

Hoping all the best for all my American sporting boys today (ok they are all MotoGP riders but meh).

Happy 4th July!

Hi everyone! Long time no see :'(

Happy 4th of July to all of my American friends congratulations Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Guest Guest
Happy 4th of July to all my wonderful pet friends in the USA!
I hope you see some great fireworks tonight!
congratulations

gif_ju10.gif

Special thanks to all you non-Americans who have wished us Happy Independence day! Tonight are fireworks! Yippie!!!