Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

Anyone got any advice for me?

So i have to have my meningitusC injection tomrrow and im so scared!. Iv been told i dont need to have it but, its best to have it so that it prevents me from getting Meningitus!

I have always hated injections and once, I actually passed out!!

Does anyone have any advice for me to? Like something i can think about or do while im getting the injection.

Im so petrified right now. Mikey will be there but i will probably just chicken out and not have it Laughing

Oh gosh!! I hate needles sooo bad

i would propably not be the best person for advice cause i have the same fear but i had to have several for some health issues I had 3 years ago and I just closed my eyes and hold my mothers hand and prayed! :S

just keep thinking, it will soon be over, it will soon be over...before you've had chance to say it a few times it will be over lol

Or put some music on your mp3 player and keep your eyes closed

I have to have needles ever other week and I must admit they dont bother me anymore congratulations

Iv had so many needles but for some reason im still scared.
Im alrite with the needles that i have to have for sedation tho cause i cant feel them...They are that tiny...But i know things like the needles that you have from the doctors..Always hurt lol

Look at the wall away from where it is happening. That's what I do. Sometimes I get them and realize that they are over without me ever realizing it. I have told the doctors to just do it and not tell me about it. That usually helps me. And I am just as afraid of them as you.

Guest Guest
You can buy a topical numbing cream in most pharmacies.
"Emla" is one of them.
That way the needle going in won't hurt AT ALL!!!!
(but when they push the fluid you may feel that because it's deep and the cream is only for the skin numbness).
We use it all the time for my aughter when she needs to get her shots.
You can imagin how badly children cry when they get needles...
But with this cream she dosen't even cry AT ALL!!!

Also, listening to music, and looking away from the event are good ideas too! I don't mind having neadles anymore... I got so many of them when I was pregnant that I'm used to them now.

i always find it helps to look away and talk to someone, i hate needles myself so I always take a friend with me to talk to about ANYTHING lol but if i cant take someone I just talk to the nurse about anything lol

Don't look at the person that's immunizing you, and then bring a lollipop and suck on it.

I find inhaling when you get the injection helps.

And do get the shot. My mother had meningitis and it took away much of her hearing (she now has 60% in one ear and only 10% in the other) and she does not have the stamina she use to.

oh hun im so sorry i dont know anything about that, i believe Kathy could give you some tips though

yellownancy wrote:
You can buy a topical numbing cream in most pharmacies.
"Emla" is one of them.
That way the needle going in won't hurt AT ALL!!!!
(but when they push the fluid you may feel that because it's deep and the cream is only for the skin numbness).
We use it all the time for my aughter when she needs to get her shots.
You can imagin how badly children cry when they get needles...
But with this cream she dosen't even cry AT ALL!!!

Also, listening to music, and looking away from the event are good ideas too! I don't mind having neadles anymore... I got so many of them when I was pregnant that I'm used to them now.

Iv never heard of that stuff, I might have to try it. I have to go for the needele in like, 2 hours tho so now, My tummy feels like it has butterflies in it!

Lovelistic wrote:
wiggle your toes congratulations

Gaiamaiden wrote:
i always find it helps to look away and talk to someone, i hate needles myself so I always take a friend with me to talk to about ANYTHING lol but if i cant take someone I just talk to the nurse about anything lol

Ill have mikey there but he dont help much haha.....If i see the needle ill just run a mile haha.... I tell ya...If there was a person with a needle at the strat of a marathon, Id sure win!!!

Mangoberri wrote:
Don't look at the person that's immunizing you, and then bring a lollipop and suck on it.

Ohh candy!. I actually tried that one but when she said, just a sharp scratch, I pulled away and the fluid stuff went everywhere

Kokonee wrote:
I find inhaling when you get the injection helps.

And do get the shot. My mother had meningitis and it took away much of her hearing (she now has 60% in one ear and only 10% in the other) and she does not have the stamina she use to.

Oh great haha.... Now im worried =P

Spooky wrote:
oh hun im so sorry i dont know anything about that, i believe Kathy could give you some tips though

Oh yeh....I wonder where Kathy is. I sure could take some tips from her right now. Dont think i will catch her in time to get some tips tho...I just looked at the clock and i only have 1 hour and 1/2 left until i get it done...I have to set out in a hour and my legs are turning to jelly.
Think ill have to just put my head down and face the fact that this needle is for the best!!

I had it done and i have to say, I didnt even realise she had done it. Until she took the needle out that was...And she put it right into my muscle and OMG it ached soooo much!

Its still really achy now!!

But i saw the needle and nearly passed out...But mikey was there, And he was talking to me about everything to take my mind off it so i think thats why i didnt realise she did it!.

So now its done, And im glad it is...Cause i feel better now being as tho it didnt hurt. I feel more better in having needles. Just alittle bit tho. But come, Next time i have to have a needle...Ill be just as bad as i was earlier HAHA!

Thanks for the advice everyone!!

Guest Guest
I'm happy that it's over and that it went well!

yellownancy wrote:
I'm happy that it's over and that it went well!

Spooky wrote:
im so glad you overcame this obstacle hun

aww thanks, Im so glad i had ti done. My arms still alittle painful. I wont be able to sleep on it tonight but it will be better in the mortning =D

Guest Guest

take a deep breath in and SQUEEZE ur eyes shut tightly...n WINCE before it even touches you congratulations