Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CharlotteLouise

Wish Me Luck - I think I'm gonna need it :(

I've got a job interview tomorrow and I'm rather nervous!!! Sad It's for a Teaching Assistant job at a Primary School eleven miles away from my home (in the town where my boyfriend lives) and I've got all my qualifications and everything and have done teaching assistant work before for 3 years while I was getting my qualifications but I'm still really nervous as I've been out of work for 2 years (due to the budget cuts & therefore job cuts in schools) so I'm worried that I've forgotten how to do the job Sad silly I know lol.
I've got to be there for 9am tomorrow (Wednesday), I'll be shown around the school and then I have to work with a group of children doing an activity set out by the teacher. All applicants are invited to stay for lunch with the staff and then interviews start at 1pm but mine isn't til 3.30pm Sad It's going to seem like such a long drawn-out day waiting from 9am to 3.30pm for my interview but I'm really nervous as I've never had a "physical" interview like this before where I have to do an activity and am observed on my interactions Sad and then had a 'normal' interview of questions afterwards.
I'm not the most confident person around new people/new situations though so hopefully I don't get nervous and mess up Sad so yeah wish me luck because I think I'm going to need it! lol

Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll do it great congratulations I understand your nerves, but you'll see them disappear after the interview, don't worry

My husband is going through the very same thing, but I'm convinced that it's like riding a bicycle, one never forgets.

Best of luck to you. I'll be thinking about you this morning come interview time.

I'll keep my fingers crossed hon, and hope all will go well!
Please let us know how it went!

*hugs*

Best of luck to you hun! The important thing is to relax and not be tense, especially since the question interview is so late. I'm sure you'll do great! *hugs*

I just realized that you probably won't get to read this before your interview. I'm a dummy.

Thankyou everyone for your kind wishes!!!

Well the day seemed to go quite well and my interview went better than I was expecting it would but I was still quite nervous but luckily they brought my interview forward to 1.30pm as someone didn't turn up so I didn't have to wait as long as I was expecting to which was good.
But I've been waiting all afternoon and night to hear something and was starting to think they'd forgotten about me lol but I eventually got a phone call just before 8pm to say unfortunately I didn't get the job Sad hmm never mind there's always other schools I guess. The day has been good experience for me though and they said I can ring the school tomorrow and the one teacher will explain why I didn't get the job and where I went wrong and what I can improve on sort of thing for future interviews and stuff which will be helpful for me so hopefully next time I apply for a job I'll be lucky enough to get it! : )
So yeah I wasn't successful this time but thankyou very much everyone it means a lot! x

I agree with you though Yvette, it's like riding a bike - you never forget and luckily I didn't lol (even though it didn't seem to pay off this time but there's always next time) : )

You're right, there's always another school congratulations I was sure you would do it great, so next time I hope you get the job

Ursula wrote:
You're right, there's always another school congratulations I was sure you would do it great, so next time I hope you get the job

Thankyou hun! One of the other girls that was there for an interview was a NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) so I think they probably gave it to her as she would of had even better qualifications for the job than the rest of us Sad never mind at least I still get to spend lots of time with my boyfriend for a bit longer

It's best to stay positive just as you are! And I'm really surprised that the school is going to give you tips. That's really great of them. congratulations Just as you've said this has been a learning experience, and it's going to help you get a job at an even better school than this one.

I'm sorry to hear that Charlotte, but as others have already said: there's plenty of schools and I am pretty sure you will find a job soon! Good luck hunting :-)

Thankyou Hina & Sophie!
Yep, not many places give feedback so I thought it was really good but I rang them this morning and they were busy so they rang me this afternoon and said my application form and letter were both great but my confidence, quietness and nervousness let me down Sad Not my fault if I'm not massively confident and a major chatterbox Laughing
They said they gave it to someone with more experience though but how am I meant to get more experience if people won't give me a chance? *sighs* never mind hopefully I'll find something soon : )

I'm sorry to hear that too Charlotte, but you'll find something better I'm sure! Getting interview experience is also a good thing, it will up your confidence for the next one!

I've had a (somewhat) similar experience, where I had a group interview for a job and it was horrible. I'm a pretty quiet person and definitely not a chatterbox either, so the people who were, totally stood out. But to me, they just seemed like they were so fake. Oh well, in the end I decided I didn't want that job anyway so it was ok!

Oh i hate interviews. The first interview i had was with 4 people and they were all firing questions at me and i felt so nervous that i could barly get my words out.

Wish you the best of luck with your interview.

sorry to hear you didnt get the job hun

Best thing to do is just chalk it down to experience, and move forward.

The right job is out there for you somewhere xx

I'm with Lisa and also pretty sure that on your next interview, you'll be less nervous because I think I read somewhere it was a couple of years ago and it was just 'new' again, if that makes sense. I'm sure everything will turn out okay!

Thankyou everyone very much!
I agree with you Jennifer - I'm not too bothered I didn't get it now as it wasn't my most ideal choice as it was working in the Nursery part of the school which I've done before and I didn't like it as much as working in the Reception classes so I'm not overly bothered now that I didn't get it and like everyone has said it has been good interview experience for me so I can learn for the future but it would of been nice to get it but never mind.
Hopefully I'll find my ideal job soon : ) but thankyou everyone for your really kind words, they've cheered me up about the situation! x

Guest Guest

good luck Charlotte, in both getting a job and finding one that u like..