Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ursula1

Claudia's recipes

Hi, sweeties!!! I'm here to share my favourite recipes and cooking tricks congratulations I need to translate them before, but I'm going to make you hungry first, with some little pics:

Enjoy your meal! congratulations

*Reserved*

Spanish omelette

Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo of potatoes
- 4 eggs (1 egg each medium potato)
- Olive oil (enough to almost cover all potatoes)
- Salt

Chop the potatoes into small pieces while the oil is heating in the pan. When is hot, add the potatoes (do not add the salt here if you want to reuse the oil) until they're fried. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the fried potatoes with salt in the same bowl, mixing them and remove the oil from the pan (a thin layer of oil is enough now). Then, add the mixture of eggs and potatoes until the egg in the bottom seems curdled. This is the worst part: with the help of a dish or a pot lid, you have to flip the omelette and cook it from the other side. It can be repeated if it's not perfectly cooked.

Tip 1: you will need a lid or a dish to flip it, so choose a pan in which you know the dish fits inside.
Tip 2: most people prefer the omelette with onion. You only have to chop it into very small pieces and add it while the potatoes are cooking.

Enjoy the omelette hot (ok, not VERY hot!) or cold, it is delicious Smile

*Reserved*

Orange and chocolat sponge

Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 juicy orange
- 1 yogurt (I use the yogurt pot to measure the ingredients)
- 250 g flour (3 yogurt pots)
- 250 g sugar (2 yogurt pots)
- 100 ml oil (or less, I use half yogurt pot)
- Baking powder (20 g)
- Salt
- Chopped chocolat

This is a recipe very easy to do with a mixer. In a mixer jar we put the eggs, the sugar and a chopped orange (with skin, you can remove a little bit, but the flavor is here) and mix it during 3 minutes at least. Then we add the oil and the yogurt and mix it a minute more. After that, we can add the other ingredients (but the chocolat) and mix it until we get a homogeneous mass.

We put oil (or butter) in the bottom of a baking pan and spread flour (this is important, we do not want the cake sticking to the bottom). Then we pur the mixture in the pan and spread the chocolat in the surface. We cook the sponge in a pre-heated oven at 180º C during 30 minutes (it depends on the oven; mine needs almost an hour).

Tip 1: NEVER open the oven door in the first 20 minutes.
Tip 2: the oven heat should come from below, at least in the first 20-30 minutes (depending on your cooking time, after that it's better to choose the heat from above and below to finish the cake)
Tip 3: you know the sponge is ready by sticking a knife. If it's dry, it's ready (don't worry about chocolat marks)
Tip 4: it's even more delicious if you add some nuts such as walnuts or hazelnuts.
Tip 5: this is my preferred alternative: when the dough is mixed, I separate one part in a bowl and mix it with cocoa powder. I pour the rest in the pan and cover it with the mixture with cocoa (it tends to go to the center of the sponge, so we can have a two-tone cake). I also spread the chocolat, I'm a chocolat person Laughing

*Reserved*

Coffee crème caramel

Ingredients:

- 500 ml cream (not milk) It HAS to be 35% fat cream
- A box of custard powder for 8 people (I prefer use a prefab one for this recipe)
- 500 ml cofee

The easiest recipe in the world, with and excellent outcome. Heat the cream in a pot until it's almost boiling. Add the custard powder, following the manufacturer's instructions. Do not stop mixing it and do not let it to boil. Add the coffee and mix it well. Pour it in a mold and wait until it's cool. After that, put it in the fridge until the next day and remove it from the mold after that.

Tip 1: as I said, it has to be a 35% fat cream if you want to have a two-tone crème caramel.
Tip 2: it is better to prepare it 24 hours before eating it
Tip 3: use beautiful molds to make it more delicious congratulations

We'll be good! Everything looks delicious! congratulations Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of asking you for the recipe of the cake you mentioned before but I didn't want to trouble you. Laughing

Claudia.... my mouth is soooooooooooo watering right now... Those loook insanly good.... I am so excited for this new thread....

hinapasha wrote:
We'll be good! Everything looks delicious! congratulations Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of asking you for the recipe of the cake you mentioned before but I didn't want to trouble you. Laughing

I'll share it when I translate it. The sponge pic is from a previous version, I have improved it Laughing The new one I made today didn't look so well because of the oven, but it tastes even better Smile

Ursula wrote:
Hi, sweeties!!! I'm here to share my favourite recipes and cooking tricks congratulations I need to translate them before, but I'm going to make you hungry first, with some little pics:

OMG THOSE LOOK REALLY YUMMY!!!! ..even though im not hungry right now

Laughing I am hungry now fo tthose dishes. Laughing Is there a way you can send the dishes by PM. Laughing I can't wait to see the recipes and try to make one.

Fatntastic idea, I always cook same thing over and over since 2 of my sons are quite kinky (quisquillosos) but my other son always want new recipes
I am not a good cooker, I have issues with lasagna, last time I cooked it was horrible, the pasta came hard unpossible to eat

Ursula!!!! As Laurent would say in Twilight, "You make my mouth water!"
bahahahahahaha!!!

Ursula wrote:

I am craving for those.. Looks really yummy..

I need to edit those soon, but these days my life is a chaos, sorry >.<

smorkle wrote:
it's official...you are good at EVERYTHING!!!

Silly!!!!!!

Love you I'm still editing the recipes, I hope I can finish the other 3 soon Smile

Thanks everyone, I hope you try them and enjoy them congratulations

Guest Guest
All your recipes look great, but the one that impresses me the most it the Coffee crème caramel. It looks stunning - but the recipe is so simple!
I will try it when I have my friends over - but it'll make it the day before

I have 2 questions...

You said: "A box of custard powder for 8 people" but what size is that?

And "500 ml cofee" : is that instant cofee (just the gound coffee beans) or is it a cup of prepared cofee (ground cofee beans and water)?

Thanks!

@Nancy:

The custard power needed is 150g, but be sure it is good for crème caramels. I use the same brand for the baking powder too: royal.

The coffee is prepared, of course. I always choose a good coffee and after preparing it, I measure it in a jar.

The clue for the two-tone is the density of the cream, remember that! congratulations

I wanted to give a try cooking those... They all look's delicious.
I think they will look good on my table this coming Christmas eve.

No doubt, You really are great!! Laughing

Guest Guest
Ursula wrote:
@Nancy:

The custard power needed is 150g, but be sure it is good for crème caramels. I use the same brand for the baking powder too: royal.

The coffee is prepared, of course. I always choose a good coffee and after preparing it, I measure it in a jar.

The clue for the two-tone is the density of the cream, remember that! congratulations

Thank you for the clarifications. I didn't want to mess-up the recipe by not doing it correctly. I will try it soon.
I've added your tread to my favorites

Coming soon:

The wondrous chocolat cake!!!!

imgp1010.jpg

It doesn't look very amazing, but its taste is AWESOME! ^___^

all those things are sooooo delicious....mmm.....
i wanna eat them allll........yummmy