Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gabs Giggles

OMGGGG there was an earth tremor!!

Gabs, I'm so glad you're okay. I've never experienced anything like that, although there was a minor quake some 20 km from here, which I never felt. But, I can imagine that must be really scary.

OMG hun, glad you are ok xx

I've only ever felt one minor tremor. It was in 2002 just after my daughter was born, and first of all I thought a tuck had hit the house of something...we just dont think earthquake in this country. It measured 4.8 on the richter scale, so not big on a world scale but big for the UK

@sinemonine, haiti is attached to Dominican republic hun xx

Call me weird but I wouldn't mind feeling a little tremor. lol Hope your little tremor doesn't lead to bigger ones.

I havent felt a tremmor before. I was sleeping and i remember in the morning my mum was telling me everything....that she woke my dad up and he had to come check on me and my sister to make sure we were ok...Obviously we were sleeping haha.

I wouldnt mind feeling a small one because iv never experienced it and i think it would be something to remember(That might sound wrong but i dont now how to explain haha) but i would hate to feel a big tremmor...It would be so scary.

Im glad your ok =D

We hadn't had a big one here in a looong time (ok just a couple years here where i live) but i understand that it makes your heart pound! I take you all know the safety messures when this happens right?

ohhh :O
i never felt one.. the ones which happened on our island are too minor to feeel a thing...

Thanks everyone, for your concern =D

sinenomine wrote:
Gabs, I see you live in Republic Dominican, I will make a dumb question, is Haiti near?

Yes we are in the same island, they are on the west side of the island =P

scgrandma58 wrote:
Call me weird but I wouldn't mind feeling a little tremor. lol Hope your little tremor doesn't lead to bigger ones.

The thing is this island is between two very actives faultlines, look what happened in Haiti in january, we are lucky nothing happened here but we felt it just the same.