Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ayathon

My heart is Breaking..

My dog is dead now, he died last saturday... he is suffering from distemper.. and there is no cure yet...
My vet ask me to choose... to let him live form couple of months and see him suffer or let him sleep for eternity...
It is so hard for me to choose, I really cried a river.. and I haven't move on yet... I have tried to pull my self together and decided that it is better to let him sleep so that he wont be in pain anymore..
SO last saturday exactly 2pm the doctor injected something and BOOM, he was sleeping.. I tried to wake him up but it is no use... I can't accept the fact yet that I am the one who murdered my dog..

16727910.jpg 16838510.jpg

Oh sweetie, you did not murder your dog!

Your dog was hurting and in pain, and made the hardest decision you possibly could, because you love him so much!
You stopped his suffering, by putting your dogs needs before your own...that makes you a loving kind person

Huge hugs to you xxx

Aww dear ... don't feel bad please ... you did whats right for your dog's sake .. you made a decision that came out from a kind heart like yours ... would you prefer to see him in pain ? sure not .. thats why you decided to let him go into deep sleep ... think this way and you will feel much better ... sending warm hugs your way

Aww..

You DID N-O-T murdered your dog.. It was a VERY difficult desision and you did the "right" one for your dog! Why would be in terrible pain and well.. He would be feeling bad too.. It would just be prolonging the inevitable BUT since the vet doesn't have a cure or something (that would be k for a pet) to stop the pain or let him be as it should then it would be some sort of a really bad experience...

You did the best you could and you were brave.. And above all you choose what's best for your friend than what would make you feel better..

So that tells me that you were a great friend to him too..

Thanks everyone... yes that was one very hard thing for me... and upon reading your reply my tears keeps on falling ( it is true ).. I'll gonna visit his grave on valentines day, after all when he was still alive I plan to be his valentine so that he would not be lonely on the clinic.. The family tried to cheer me up, and my brother says that he will buy me a new dog, I just say that I dont want any other dog as of now, I am still in pain and I know I wont be able to open up my heart for a new pet...

You didn't murder your dog. You made a decision that a lot of pet owners make. It was the humane decision, and my hat goes off to you for having the courage to do what is best for you four legged friend.

Give yourself some time to heal and when you are ready for another dog, you'll know. Blessings.

Aww. I went through exactally the same thing as you a couple of years ago. Its really hard loosing a pet and when you have to make a discission to let him live or sleep then its heart breaking.

I used to have a dog and i loved this dog so much. He was like my brother. That sounds wierd because he was a pet but to me...He was a human if you know what i mean. Id tell him my problems and hed just sit there and listen (Even tho he was just sitting there i feel he was listening) and it made me feel better. I used to hug him and kiss him when i was ill and id get better. I even used to share HIS chocolate drops out...1 for me and 1 for him haha.(It was safe, It was dog chocolate but its the same as human chocolate for people who have diabeties....No sugar in it)

Then he got ill and my parents would let me go down because they knew it would break my heart...Then one day he wouldnt move, eat, drink and was looking weight rapidly. They decided to take him to the vets and i looked i hugged and kissed him so much and cried so much. When i looked in his eyes i could see his pain and he was telling me that he was in pain so he wanted to sleep.

My nan made the discission to let him sleep as when he was younger his tail got slammed in a door and cut it off...So nan kep him after that because mum was scared of my hurting his tail cause i was only young.

Anyways they took him to the vets and let him sleep. It was like my heart was wripped out and i was repeatedly stabbed in the place where my heart was....It was horrible,,,,This was just before he was put to sleep and my parents phoned me after...

But the thing was...Im sure we had some kind of connection because the pain started just as he was put to sleep. Wierd huh,,,,

He will always live on in my heart tho...As will your dog. Its painful but think of it this way....If your dog wasnt sent to sleep then he would be in so much pain now. Hes with the other dogs in heaven eating a big jucy bone and watching over you. Hes not in anymore pain now. Hes more then likley thanking you for taking the pain away.....Your a very brave person to deal with this the way you was....I didnt eat for 2 weeks after and if i did id throw it all back up....... ended up in hospital.

R.I.P to all the animals in heaven.... May you all run, catch balls, Play with mice....eat, drink and dance. =).

Oh, Sarah.. I know what u mean.. if he is a brother for you, mine is my baby... He was my first baby... Whenever I have a problem he was there listening to me and he is cheering me up, ( thats true )..
Whenever I go out and I come back a bit late, he will bark at me and it seems that he is saying that he miss me.. he'll gonna jump in me and kiss me, we sleep together and play together... I know wherever he is now, I know that he is happy...

I'm so sorry you had to make that decision.I have had to do that more times than I care to talk about.It's the worst. Last night we were awoken to a loud noise and looked out the front window and a horse was dead in the road.There were two policemen standing there looking at it.I think it was hit by a car and they had to put it down.I live in a rural area and the person across the street owned it.He has two horses and they have been getting out and coming over here to graze.I blame him because he did not take responsibility to fix their fence.This has been going on for a week now.He is very lucky nobody was killed other than his beautiful horse. So, you are a responsible pet owner that did the right thing and my neighbor was a jerk and allowed this to happen. Again,I'm sorry for your loss. Pets are like family.

Im sry for your loss. Dont say you murdered him! I know its hard to since you had a special bond but you should be proud of your decision, you allowed him to go peacefully and painlessly Im sure he appreciates it.It will get better with time, I promise, I lost a puppy last year too.

I'm sorry for your loss! I went through the same thing when I was younger because our one dog became sooo ill that my mum had to make the upsetting decision to have her put down/put to sleep as it was for the best and my brother couldn't come to terms with it and called the vet a murderer but I just lay with her cuddling her until she fell asleep but we all knew it was for the best, even if it didn't feel like it at the time.
It would be unfair to let an animal live in terrible pain though so you made the right decision and in time things will get easier and you'll soon realise that you made the right choice (even if you don't think so now) but you made the right choice for your dog! And that's the kindest most loving thing you could do and just remember it will get easier in time!

awww honey...you did the right thing. it's not murder when it's done out of compassion and good will. he would have suffered so much more if you didn't make the right choice for him.

i've had to do that for my cat in the past when she got hit by a car...i know it's really hard, but it will get better. know that you did the right...the BEST thing for him. he's up in doggy heaven and he loves you even more it! *hugz*

No, you didn't murder your dog. You made the best choice because of your love for him. You made the best decision, an unselfish decision, even though it is tearing you apart.

And you are wise in not wanting to get a new dog for awhile. You need to heal first. A new dog will be your friend, but it's better to wait until you get over some of your grief so you don't constantly compare the two dogs. A new dog will have its own personality, and if you don't wait, you may have more of a problem bonding with that new dog.

Also, please don't let anyone tell you to not grieve, that it's "only a dog"! You have lost someone in your life that you have loved, and that's not an easy thing. So let yourself cry and grieve for your friend. If you enjoy writing, try journaling about your feelings. My husband lost his best friend, his dog, about a year ago. He wrote letters to his Truman, and says that it really helped. But whatever you decide to do, let yourself grieve!