Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smorkle

Hi, how are you...whatcha been up to?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in to say hello. I've been MIA these days because work has taken over my life (temporarily). I've been working 12 hour days, 5-6 days per week so it's been really rough on me.
I start a new position tomorrow (Monday) in the PACU aka recovery room so I'm really excited. It's all brand new and I feel like a brand new nurse, but I'm excited.
I hope all of you have been well.

So, what is going on with you? What have you been up to?

hi smorkle!!! miss yah gal! gimme a hug goodluck with ur new position and new environment!!!

its 3:30 am here, still up...all of them are sleeping, bwahaaha!!! time for chatting with some friends

oh, I remember when i had my CS before i was brought to the recovery room, right after the operation and this time all the nurses were too quiet as in they will not talk unless u speak to them and also they were and very rough i think if u were the nurse in charge there then the patients will do recover very fast...i mean good nurse–patient relationships has a powerful impact on patient satisfaction and better /faster way of healing.

anyways, goodluck again and be good to your patients...have PATIENCE as well, hihihih...

Wish you sucees with your new position smorkle
I think nurses in recovery rooms must be very spetial, waking up from anesthesia sometimes is awful and they have to be very patient

Wish you succes.
I can only access a cahced copy of PSFC, but on my laptop it is OK.
I won the Municipalities (Google says it is the right word) competition in Physics and next is Cantonal(I hope right word again).
I found a Jackpot of Logic Puzzles. Too bad you get free samples and one new free each week and other is buy.

Best of luck to you.

What have I been up to? Cleaning.

On Thursday, they put up a notice here saying that we would have to get the basement ready for them to come and replace the water pipes. UGH. Of the eight families in this building, we are the only ones really affected by this.

They will start this coming Thursday, and then during the day, for seven days we will have no water. Ugh. This basically meant that we had to clean out the basement and get rid of a ton of stuff. Our basement is also the smallest, so we were pretty much a mess all the way around. So, we moved two fold out beds to the laundry room, and then moved two fans to the attic and then I went through boxes. I tossed out a 120 liter sized garbage bag of letters and papers, and then tossed out a bag full of clothing, and finally got rid of a third bagful of general garbage. It took us about 5 hours to do everything.

Then if that wasn't enough, on Sunday, we went through the books here and got rid of a bunch of them. I tossed out so much stuff you would have been shocked. Today, we drove to the garbage collection place here in town and tossed out a ton of boxes, then donated some books to the library. Now I think I am really ready for spring cleaning.

All this because they want to replace pipes in the basement. How convenient is that???? As for the rest of the week, we have a full schedule. Tonight, I have choir rehearsal, tomorrow sewing, and Wednesday is the Chris de Burgh concert. I can't wait for that. On Friday, and Saturday more rehearsals, and on Sunday is our choir concert. This week is going to be crazy to say the least.

So, now aren't you sorry you asked? Hehehe.

Just dropping by to say hi :-)

Been really busy with school, tried to keep up with my courses and had to combine everything with my thesis, so most of the time it's nuts. I just found out that the deadline for my thesis has been postponed for 3 more days, so that is good news! (it's now due May 19th). And that's about it I think, nothing much to report.

I'm running around Laughing

I'm having fun, going out and to the uni (this semester atleast )

And relaxing with series when at home...

it's so great to see that you are all doing well!

tiddly~ i got tired just reading about all your cleaning!! i'd say spring definitely came early for you this year! i hope they were able to get the pipes in without any trouble and your basement is all filled up again. Laughing

sophie~i'm so excited for you..your thesis is almost complete and you got a little extra time. once you're done it's going to be so great!! i'm happy for you! me on the other hand, i'm not looking forward to starting a masters course so far right now so i've postponed starting mine till next year.

chay~how sad, you had a bad recovery room experience. mine is very different. we stay at the bedside the whole time practically and talk to the patient and family. we're much smaller and not quite as busy as the bigger hospitals so that is one advantage we have. how have you been? how are the kidos? i haven't chatted with you in so long, i'm sorry i've been MIA.

luka~congrats on winning your competition! you are so smart! you have such a great future ahead of you!!!

lucky, evi, rocio ~i hope you are all well and i miss you too!!!!

i really miss everyone here. i've got a few more weeks of crazy work then hopefully things will go back to normal.
today we are going to go look at some houses. we are looking to sell our townhouse in may and buy a new house then too. my life feels like chaos and mayhem!!! Laughing ... in a good way though.
okay, love and kisses to you all. sorry this post was so long

Awww welcome back Jeanie, we've missed you!
I hope your new job is going well and you're enjoying it : ) Good luck with the house hunting aswell hun, you planning on moving into another townhouse or somewhere quieter out of the town? x