Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elfinshadow

why do people beg??????

Recommended Posts

I really don't mind gifting, in fact, I often get these sudden urges to bomb people randomly, lol...but I simply can't stand beggars! Or people who seem ''greedy'' and ask for more items...hmm...I don't feel like giving them anything. Even if I gift them, I delete them almost immediately after. They rather make me EXTREMELY uncomfortable... Am I being a drama queen? :S Lol. And is it really that bad of me to not want to give them anything? Umm... just wondering: why dowe get reluctant to give anything to ''beggars''? Or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not only you, its quite annoying when u received a message in PS saying can i have this..or that..one time i remember i received a message like that before and because i have multiple of that item i sent it to him as a gift, the thing which makes me feel bad is that i already sent him the item and after he will reply asking for another item without even saying firstTHANKS for the item that he received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chay wrote:
its not only you, its quite annoying when u received a message in PS saying can i have this..or that..one time i remember i received a message like that before and because i have multiple of that item i sent it to him as a gift, the thing which makes me feel bad is that i already sent him the item and after he will reply asking for another item without even saying firstTHANKS for the item that he received.


hmm you are right! i don't even mind if the next person doesn't say thanks or even acknowledge it...but just seeing the ''greedy'' side of players really disturbs me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miraculously, I've never had a beggar. I'm thankful to have such wonderful people as my PS friends. But yes, I can understand how a beggar would be irritating. Greediness is never attractive. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky enough to never have a beggar.. There was this one person that was begging through another road but i cut him off..

I also like to gift bomb from time to time.. I haven't done that in some time but i still send the occasional "random" gift Smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I tend to gift a lot, too, and I think that attracts an occasional beggar. But, for the most part, I figure that is what delete is for, and won't stress about it. I simply cannot imagine asking people I don't know for things...it goes by that old addage, don't take gifts from strangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiddly Winks wrote:
I tend to gift a lot, too, and I think that attracts an occasional beggar. But, for the most part, I figure that is what delete is for, and won't stress about it. I simply cannot imagine asking people I don't know for things...it goes by that old addage, don't take gifts from strangers.


Hmm...yeah, I will just do that! At times, I feel bad for just deleting people, lol.
Asking is one thing, but persistently begging is completely different...

It's hard for me to relate to them, and I just wanted to know (it isn't all rhetoric) why people beg? Because for me- even just asking for an item is difficult, I don't know why...I can't make myself ask anyone!!!!! Even if I really want it :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just don't care.. All they want is free stuff with noooo work at all to answer to your question.. for them it's much easier to just ask.. especially older expensive items because they simply don't bother to trade.. it's also a good way for profit as you pay nothing but sell for maaaaaany.. that's the basics of begging for me Smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucky Strike wrote:
They just don't care.. All they want is free stuff with noooo work at all to answer to your question.. for them it's much easier to just ask.. especially older expensive items because they simply don't bother to trade.. it's also a good way for profit as you pay nothing but sell for maaaaaany.. that's the basics of begging for me Smile


lol...ah! but still isn't it hard...i mean..there's something called ''pride'' xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucky Strike wrote:
Internet has no face.. So it doesn't really matter! Plus.. Not everyone cares about pride! Laughing


Lol, that's true...but it's so hard for me to do it haha even if I wanted to try and ''ask'' I couldn't :S I wasn't always like this, you know. I mean I never beg. but yeah, at times, when people offer, i would mention i need it...but lately, i can't bring myself to :S :S lolzz...unless of course it's my sister or best friend ! then i just bully them into giving it to me haha..
*sigh* but im just going to del any beggars from now on without second thought congratulations thanks all haha i know it was a dumb topic to start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You can not feel sorry for a beggar.. IT's a virtual game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's nothing you cannot do!!!!!!!!!!!! Just delete them... They cannot be really offended.. Trust me on that!

When did you started playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucky Strike wrote:
You can not feel sorry for a beggar.. IT's a virtual game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's nothing you cannot do!!!!!!!!!!!! Just delete them... They cannot be really offended.. Trust me on that!

When did you started playing?


last year...november... lolz. technically speaking...but i have or had lol a lot of older items...from my sister who used to play Smile but i stopped way before halloween even i think... and well just randomly used to login every now and then up till this alien week... xD i used to play on my sister/brotherz account sometime Smile

How about you? i bet you've been playing for a long time, right? XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had over 11 beggers, and I don't know why. I don't have that good of stuff haha. Laughing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL it isn't anything strange to ask LOl we have talked about similar things a lot time congratulations

Well because in my country is pretty hard to get CC's and almost no one has their own .... I have bought all CC's on forum and was gifted with a lot of items sooo that is the reason why i have pretty much CC items congratulations .... people from my country started to begging for CC's ... they started to sending me messages like : Buy me WWF Carol Bundle that cost 40 CC and sooo on congratulations when i told them that I don't have any CC's they started to calling me Layer and rude and similar things ..... I'm was sooo frustrated that one time when 2 girls has told me pretty much bad words and started to posting rude things on my profile on fb i have stoped playing PS and visiting fb for a 2 weeks and then i have decide to not bother with people like that..... i just don't care anymore congratulationsSmile don't worry about beggers ... congratulationsSmile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedj@ 94 Dixy wrote:
LOL it isn't anything strange to ask LOl we have talked about similar things a lot time congratulations

Well because in my country is pretty hard to get CC's and almost no one has their own .... I have bought all CC's on forum and was gifted with a lot of items sooo that is the reason why i have pretty much CC items congratulations .... people from my country started to begging for CC's ... they started to sending me messages like : Buy me WWF Carol Bundle that cost 40 CC and sooo on congratulations when i told them that I don't have any CC's they started to calling me Layer and rude and similar things ..... I'm was sooo frustrated that one time when 2 girls has told me pretty much bad words and started to posting rude things on my profile on fb i have stoped playing PS and visiting fb for a 2 weeks and then i have decide to not bother with people like that..... i just don't care anymore congratulationsSmile don't worry about beggers ... congratulationsSmile


OMG!!!!!!!!!! It's hard for me to purchase CC too...like by phone...8 cc = !0 SR/- that's expensive for me! can't afford it so...someone asking for a 40 cc item is just preposterous :O the gall of these people! I can't believe the had the nerve to call you names on top of everything :O :O :O are they for real?!!!!!!!!
hahaha....man...some people really are crazy!!!! im so sorry to hear that Sad u really shdnt have bothered with them!!! grrr :@ really can't believe people!!!!! ur right. we shdnt bother ourselves Smile but just...WOW...im still in shock of wht u told me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate it when someone becomes friends with you and they seem like a lovely person but then you see the real side of them and they start begging, ive experienced this recently where i started talking to this nice girl and we got on really well then BOOM! She started begging and it got really annoying, i ended up having about 20 messages a day asking me for cc's Sad it made me feel really uncomfortable Sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I hate it when people beg asking for stuff (I had someone only the other day saying "Please send me Pet Society coins" on my facebook wall - I deleted the comment rather quickly! Laughing
It wouldn't be so bad though if people were asking for CC's to trade for but just begging and expecting them for nothing and then being rude if you say no to them is just ridiculous! It's people like that that ruin the game as they make you not want to log in to PS incase there's lotssss of messages begging Sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That must have been awful Gaia!!!!!

Likelly I hadn't such an experience..

It feels like a betrayal! (if i spelled that right.. Ashamed )


-----------------
Charlotte! Exactly! I've never asked even for 1 free cc!!!! Funny thing is I've been asked for cc's!!! Do you see me as a person that has cc's?????

If it was for trade and it was on my WALL it would be annoying bt atleast it would be "reasonable"! If i don't ask in a forum (which is very rare and always with a close friend) it's through pm's or 1 time with a note! And I knew them very well I have to add!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wowwwwww....I just can't believe people have the gall to ask this way! This is ridiculous...you know funny thing, I had some students from my previous school on my facebook...haha...they used to ask me for cc...I just decided not to keep the nasty little buggers on my fbook they were too young to be on it, anyway! :/ hahaha...im bad huh! it really does get annoying... cmon!! and really, lucky strike...people will ask ANYONE... haha...i don't even have a high level...nor do i have the credit card or whatevr you need to buy cc xD

But I really feel sorry for you, Steph..and for Pedja Sad This makes one suspicious of everyone, then! You don't know if they are sweet for real, or just faking it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucky Strike wrote:
Charlotte! Exactly! I've never asked even for 1 free cc!!!! Funny thing is I've been asked for cc's!!! Do you see me as a person that has cc's?????

If it was for trade and it was on my WALL it would be annoying bt atleast it would be "reasonable"! If i don't ask in a forum (which is very rare and always with a close friend) it's through pm's or 1 time with a note! And I knew them very well I have to add!


Same here, I've never asked anyone for CC's before but IF I ever did ask then I'd only ever ask for them as a trade. But people that just want something for nothing are just rude in my opinion *nods* lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.