Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennifer11

OMG something soooo freaky happened at work today

I was at my work this afternoon as per usual. I work in a daycare centre with 30 children. The phone rang at 3pm and it was one of the parents ringing and asking if we were okay. I was like, "yeah we're fine, why?" only to find out that a TORNADO had just struck less than 500 metres away from us! It ripped the roof off of a supermarket, and devastated a mall just down the road. There have been two fatalities from debris falling on people!

My brother works at a store about a kilometre from my work and the tornado hit the roof of his building. Thank god he is okay! He tried calling me on my mobile but I didn't have it on me so didn't answer and freaked him out, but I checked my phone soon after and let him know I was okay.

It was so freaky to find out how close it had come to us, I couldn't imagine what would have happened if it hit the daycare!

OMG ... this is so scary, reading your lines made me feel so worried about people who live in such areas .. hope those TORNADOES will stop ..
but thank god you are Ok, also your brother & those little kids ... my baby is in a daycare and i was thinking what if something happened to her .. oh lord what a horrible feeling Sad

It's made even more freaky because I live in New Zealand, and tornados are really quite rare, not like the States where they are unfortunately common. I'm just so glad nothing happened to the kids! There are also 4 schools on the road my work is on, and thank goodness they were all missed as well. The tornado came within about a kilometre of my house, it uprooted trees a couple of streets away, so I was worried when I got home, was hoping the house still had a roof.

oh sweetie ... thank god once more your family is fine ...
its like nature becoming so angry on people Sad ...
where i live here in the middle east we have worse than tornadoes ... Sand Storms .. where air becomes so dusty .. and breathing also becomes so painful ...
praying that everyone at your place be safe ...

So glad you are okay. Wow that is freaky. I grew up in the US and saw my share of twisters. Once there was one coming and I was oblivious to it, and my grandfather came over and picked me up and carried me into the basement of his house. I think that was the only time in my life that I ever cried in front of him.

woah!! that is mad hun, glad you are okay. we never have tornados in the UK (at least none that i can think of lol)

Glad to hear that you, your family and the little kids are all safe!! nature can get pretty scary...it's hard for me to imagine what the victims of a tsunami of hurricane go through...Sad like DarkNite (Nayomi) said...where we live, we've been getting a lot of sand storms...many kids have breathing problems...n what not...

DarkNite wrote:
OMG ... this is so scary, reading your lines made me feel so worried about people who live in such areas .. hope those TORNADOES will stop ..
but thank god you are Ok, also your brother & those little kids ... my baby is in a daycare and i was thinking what if something happened to her .. oh lord what a horrible feeling Sad

so do i.... totally agree with u darknite Sad

I've heard so many amazing/scary stories today! One of the parents was waiting outside the school where the trees fell down and a tree hit their car. Luckily it was only branches and not the trunk and they only ended up with a few dents and scratches on the car. They managed to drive away, a lot of other cars there had to be towed. Another parent at my daycare watched the roof of another daycare get wrecked across the street from her work (thank god all the kiddies are okay) and next to them is a boat yard where a two tonne boat got tossed up by the tornado!

I am still so glad the tornado missed us, we were so lucky. They are such scary and unpredictable things Sad

Natural disasters are really scary! Glad to hear you ar OK. xoxo

Oh Jenni ... its a miracle ... thank god all are safe ..
i hate the feeling of losing someone Sad ... i have a friend from the states where she lost her Best Friend in one of those tornadoes that hit southern areas of the states .. they were friends since primary school Sad .. not only her friend but also in the funeral there were her friend's dad and son ... what a pain .... always be careful my dear ... god bless you and your family

DarkNite wrote:
Oh Jenni ... its a miracle ... thank god all are safe ..
i hate the feeling of losing someone Sad ... i have a friend from the states where she lost her Best Friend in one of those tornadoes that hit southern areas of the states .. they were friends since primary school Sad .. not only her friend but also in the funeral there were her friend's dad and son ... what a pain .... always be careful my dear ... god bless you and your family

I've been hearing about the tornados in the States, they are sooo awful Sad I really feel for those people!

We have been issued another warning by our MetService that the weather is going to be perfect for more tornados today Sad Hopefully there won't be any though