Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netmatrix

Uncut cards.

I found this piece at my customers place. I hope to land a bigger uncut card if i can.

Its cards for US market cars. Its different at the front and back compared to Malaysian ones. Each card has specific details of the cars like engine displacement and stuff. Surprised Unlike ours which is blank.

netmatrix..Very nice find

If you come across any extras would you like to trade one?

I never saw uncut HW Cars

Yes I see that.. it's a nice thing to have in a collection

and if it was a car(Viper) I collect would even be nicer

thanks for sharing

bouncekingbounce

Never seen this before, that piece may be a test sample, otherwise they won't cut the card through the middle.

The real sheet may probably be much bigger depending how big that printing machine may be.

Yes, thats why i would go back to my customer place and see if i could locate a bigger card. hehehe.

For everyones info on this 'un-cut' card....Smile

Story behind it is....that one you see in pic, are recycled from the plant where its being printed. Once the run is over, surely bound to have extras, they'll sell to 'recycling' buyers to get rid of them instead of discarding, while they get a sum of $$$ back. What these 'recyclers' do is...they'll chop up these printed HW card into sizes (depending on their cutting machine) you will find different sizes and shapes but usually in rectangular shape.

Why they do this if you ask, is because a lot of printing companies uses these recycled papers/cards as a 'hard-backing' for printed materials - for example 'petty' cash forms...flimsy right, so they use these chopped up recycled materials as a 'hard-backing'...and etc etc etc....

Netmatrix if you do find more of these...do let me know, I'll have some you may wanna trade with me (that is if you're really into them - I am Very Happy)

*Loose-wheel

I thought i was the only one with such cards. hahaha. Yes i do know of their orgins. But what is going to bake my noodles later is how am i going to hunt for these cards later on! Hopefully getting me to the big kahuna and land me a big one. Whether it is valuable or not depends on a persons view. To me TH cars are nothing really. Its like different flavoured TESCO sausages. But still it is sausages. But to collectors here, they are like gold. This card seems to be vaulable to me because they are not native Malaysian cards. They have engine details and year or production! Why not ours?

Finding such Hw uncut cards is rare. I searched in the web, how many was for sale or even talked about? None. Its a new frontier and a scary deposition that i have to face myself. Well probably only one other guy here that has a collection of those. Maybe there are some people willing to pay or somewhat drive a new market for such stuff. Its speculative. All HW stuff are speculative, to people who sells them back again anyway. How many collect HW related merchandise? Bags, cases, stickers, stationery, blah blah. I now there is a very small collectors market for those. But no one shows stuff like those here.

Till then i'm giving an option for people to see, there are weird HW stuff circulating around. I'm not for the money, i would even use it for a cup coaster or mouse pad if i wanted. But i only have a piece. heh.

netmatrix... hello I am USA..all our card have decriptions like you mentioned

I think some words don't translate to well in other languages

I heard a story one (Chevy) Nova and re-maned in one country
Because Nova == Does not go affraid
I used Google translator
set (English to spanish)
Type in (does not go) Translates to spanish (No Va)

I thnk mattel makes it easy and does not put all the wording one there

I would like to know why
Us Market has (Treasure Hunt)
International market has (T-hunt)

if you guy would like when i pick-up cars I could take a photo of the back
of the cards...it will cost 1 ferrari Racer each (I AM Joking) bounce

I found a US card before in Malaysia, some of us did found Us card before. My cousin found a code car at Carefour, so it's luck Very Happy

Ohya, about the numbers behind, the staff cant scan the abrcode, so he went to the rack, and write down the other bar code..Too late to stop him when he did that..

I would assume the US market has a different set of card backs is due to the original idea (of having infos behind) - whereas for International market, like Loose-wheel mentioned, kinda hard to translate a few of them words, or hard to print so many variations on the cards, some translation are long-ish and the language...that'll cost too much for different sets of cards for every other country, thus Mattel decided the rest of the world, except USA...got the same card backs.

As for the 'Trea$ure Hunt$' vs 'T-Hunt$'....pretty basic, back to what I said above Smile

Totally agree on this netmatrix "..Whether it is valuable or not depends on a persons view..." I tot I'm the only one (don't we all LOL) until it's out there...you're never really sure are ya? Wink....but at least we can share with the rest of the community....so thank you for sharing your 'finds' Smile

Now as for hokuan situation..of finding US carded HWs around Malaysia...you do get it sometimes. Maybe the cases on hand wasn't enough so they had to throw in from the US batch. In the past I found them at 7-11s, few retailers too. Good score hokuan