Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
liette

What paint to use for headlamps and how to apply?

Hello all,

How do I apply paint on the headlamps of a HW car? Only the headlamps, any other way besides spraying the whole car because I want to change the color of the headlamps only.

I need to know what kind of paint should be use(price and where to get?) and any other things I should take note of?

There are two methods, first is to use silver colour marker pen or paint. Marker pen would be easier to use. The second one is to go to HP accesories shop, and buy those crystal sticker.

3rd option, and I'm never think of until recently ring my bell....

....... nail polish from lady stores, e.g. SASA.

Nail polish max u can use it for the head lamps, rear lamps, it creates a blob of paint unless it's the expensive ones, then you won't have to fresking shake the bottle till crazy to get a smoooooooooooth liquid nail polish if not...i tell you to save your strength and just go find some those knitting shops.

They have heaps of those coloured / transparent beads/stones/gems (watever you wanna call) and lots of other things too you can find there. You know those simple cut-out stickers or actually ANY type of stickers you find. Color, shape, size etc etc....cut out a shape and stick it! Voila...simple ma, but if you want cooler and more radical...that you got to use some brain juice! Wink hehehehehe

i prefer to use silver colour marker... easier to control... nail polish is another alternative but quite hard to control... huhu..

I use white model car paint (testers) and for round head lights I use a round wooden meat shewer. You can cut the pointy end to what ever size you need. Makes perfect circles for any thing you need to paint. I also use these for the turn signals and side marker lights. Just dip the pointy end in the paint and just touch the light to get the color on them.

I use Gunze silver for card headlights. Mask using tamiya masking tape then only paint over with a Toothpick. Use a cotton bud with a dab of gunze thinner to remove the mistakes.

paint is RM6.90 per small glass bottle.