Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinclair

60th Anniversary Shell Ferrari Cards - previous Shell promotion

I had completely forgotten about this until mentioned by bro Retrocruise a few weeks back. I had given all the cards to my kids previously and now had to search for them. Thankfully, managed to retrieve all back in pretty good shape except 1 card kena scribbled.

This promotion was held somewhere in 2006 or 2007. There were 24 cards in all to be collected. One side had the car model, picture and specifications. The other side had some history on the car and Ferrari.

See below card no. 1 of 24.

As usual to obtain the cards, you had to fill a certain value of petrol. The cards were packed in lots of 4 and you get 1 lot per fill. Different numbers were supposed to be released at different dates. But as I remember, the petrol station worker straight away gave me 32 cards for my 1 fill of petrol. He said nobody wanted the cards. Luckily I had the good sense to make sure I had 1 complete set at least. But I can't remember why I didn't collect anymore after that, maybe the cards became hot cakes later?

Anybody else can remember anything about this promotion?

I will try to post the rest of the cards. These cards can be used as a game too, but now seem too valuable? hehe.

wow.. i didn't know about this.. the card looks lovely..

SanLino wrote:
wow.. i didn't know about this.. the card looks lovely..

yeah which year how come no ad

Thanks for sharing bro! I didn't know they had this before.. but i was not Shell user back then.. Razz

I've still got complete 6 sets, still in baggie! Very Happy...and some loose ones. Sinclair which one of the card of yours spoil?

Rayz-HWC wrote:
I've still got complete 6 sets, still in baggie! Very Happy...and some loose ones. Sinclair which one of the card of yours spoil?

My card no. 19 of 24, the Ferrari Dino 246 GTS. Hope you got spare for this. Trade with one of my spares - card no. 9 to 16.

so am i AD...
can see the scribbling on the 246 GTS....
hope u can find a replacement Mr Sinclair...
hehe
Wink

sinclair wrote:
My card no. 19 of 24, the Ferrari Dino 246 GTS. Hope you got spare for this. Trade with one of my spares - card no. 9 to 16.

I've got extra no.19, will pass to you this Friday, it seems that some Shell petrol stations still have them, but not sure which ones.