Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericmaxman

Suspected Insider in Giant

Went to Giant Sunway City Ipoh today. On the racks nothing much, but did saw a nice 2005 5 pack. Chrome cars.. hehe..

then saw some cases above..hmm, then i told myself, why not have a look and see? Opened up, was the DeLorean/F430/Scirocco wave.. First layer, nothing interesting. Then went deeper into second row, noticed that there was one empty spot..

so damn ngam, one staff told me, those cases are not to be opened.. I was like, wtf? I din wan to cari pasal, so i put back the case to where it was..

what made me wonder is that that wave was old, the the possible gem would be the CP. But I am surprised that the staff said the case cannot open.. i mean, why not? Jusco, tesco, 7-11 all can.. well, unless they might be protecting an insider? After all, one was missing..hmmm... Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

zint3000 wrote:
sounds fishy indeed...
Evil or Very Mad

Sure, why not? All 71 cars are there, except one..

and there were 5-6 cases there, suspected been "raped"..sigh

ohgawd..even giant ipoh is invaded by someone else...then may i ask whats in the racks?are there any gallardo?i need a bulk of gallardos

Maybe you did not want to pursue the matter, but if you wanted to, you could say, I am buying these, its your right after all and take the cars from the box. Usually I will say it with a smile "I want to buy" and it always works. I have not come across anyone who would stop me even though they are not happy. Customer is always right.

pydrumerboy wrote:
Maybe you did not want to pursue the matter, but if you wanted to, you could say, I am buying these, its your right after all and take the cars from the box. Usually I will say it with a smile "I want to buy" and it always works. I have not come across anyone who would stop me even though they are not happy. Customer is always right.

Maybe cuz I panicked la. but what you said was right, afterall, as long as it's out there, it's for sale,right?

Anyway, I doubt there will be any greenies, as the first box I went through has one car missing..sigh

Yeah, they should not intimidate you also la instead they should ask, "can I help you" but very hard to find in boleh land sometimes....heheh . Nevermind, once you are more seasoned at this, you will intimidate them instead...remember to bring your lightsaber....hehhe

Well, since you're a seasoned "Master", i'm sure you can persuade the staff to open up for you..LOL

Laughing

But I think I'll blacklist that place lah..

first time go also beh song liao. :/

I've seen better service elsewhere.

look at another perspective, she might be angry with u because u didn't ask permission from her first. imagine you in her postion. you arrange all the stock and box nicely, put it up so that no body will tremble over it. then suddenly come one guy start taking down the box korek2 mess up the thing that you have just arrange, sure you'll not be happy right?

for me if i see box above, i'll try to find the person in charge. if i see the box on the floor and got staff around, i'll ask their permission too. but if really cannot find anybody around, then u pandai2 la. :p

pydrumerboy wrote:
Yeah, they should not intimidate you also la instead they should ask, "can I help you" but very hard to find in boleh land sometimes....heheh . Nevermind, once you are more seasoned at this, you will intimidate them instead...remember to bring your lightsaber....hehhe

C4 slogan, which really a joke in boleh land. lol.

kukubeh wrote:
look at another perspective, she might be angry with u because u didn't ask permission from her first. imagine you in her postion. you arrange all the stock and box nicely, put it up so that no body will tremble over it. then suddenly come one guy start taking down the box korek2 mess up the thing that you have just arrange, sure you'll not be happy right?

for me if i see box above, i'll try to find the person in charge. if i see the box on the floor and got staff around, i'll ask their permission too. but if really cannot find anybody around, then u pandai2 la. :p

Hmm, true also leh.. Well, but why I am saying that there may be an insider is cuz one particular car is missing. If there was, then I would rule out insiders liao. Right?

Maybe other ppl took it before you. Since you can access the box, so maybe got another person was there before you, and by that time no staff is there..Hehe..possible..

That's another possibility. The hairan part was, there was no staff around, only tiba tiba just pop out like that..

I wouldn't know what's going on in the store you mentioned, but one thing for sure there's many possibilities for it.

i) The person in charge are bound to instructions, or he just assume it's not allowed. In latter case the staff can be taught that isn't the case as customer is free to have a look. Not knowing the exact status of these cases, as you already know there's never a single staff running the whole dept, therefore it can either be fellow employee's job (the supposed insider), or simply customer who walk in and raided the cases on the floor, playaz did it all the time, don't we?

ii) He allows under normal circumstances but he's just pissed the fact that one by one hotwheels collectors seek to go through the cases, furthermore the 2nd playa onwards wouldn't end up getting anything anyway, so to save the trouble, the usual "takda baru" phrase.

iii) He's behind the whole thing, in this case it's upon your wisdom to find out the truth by getting feedbacks from other collectors (one of reasons we love gatherings), monitoring the restocks, or as simple engaging (NOT confronting) the staff themselves, be friendly and just enquire them what they can let you know about hunts in their store and all. A straight assumption by merely observing staff's body language wouldn't do the justice.

Reading your story i can already spot two things you shouldn't. Firstly it's good to always seek for any staff nearby permission to open the cases. Raid, be a hoarder all you want but permission is a must. When really no one at all then normally i'll go just ahead, but will still inform them afterward. Bear in mind, bout our right as customer and all those are absolutely right, but always look at bigger picture, you don't want to be caught in a situation that made that trip possibly your last. It's nothing to do with right or wrong but when you cut yourself 'one territory' short, i think it's a waste. Furthermore if the store actually not as 'bad' as what you may have thought.

Secondly the blacklisting part. Now be very clear what we mean by 'blacklisting', to us it's just that okay we know this place filled with no good insiders and so, less expectation, less visits, not gonna scout there every day when they about to restocks and all. But avoiding yourself from going there is bad idea indeed.

You see, this has been discussed all the time. The deeper you try find to out influence of so called insiders in hotwheels market, the more depressed you get. What makes a good and bad insider is entirely up to individuals, like how one staff having good chat with a collector is already perceived by other as collectors as him being insider. In that case let's just say 95 percent stores out there have insiders.

Now many would have been disappointed with this, so they began avoiding these places. In the end they're just doing us a favor cause none other than new collectors themselves had their great scores in such places. And they don't even need the 'expertise' of seasoned playaz to do so. Hope you get the idea. Wink

pydrumerboy wrote:
Yeah I use the jedi mind trick all the time......."you will open the boxes for me now" Smile

i thought it is suppose to be "emmm, open the boxes for me you will, yes. Green like me, I seek, u show, I buy. "

Next possible sentence by PY. "Faster!! Faster!!! disturbance in the force I sense ... .... in midvalley there is a restock they have."

Muahahaha

all + Pusat membeli belah + have hotwheels still have Insider.....hahahah... wa kena beb!!

undercoverbrother wrote:
I wouldn't know what's going on in the store you mentioned, but one thing for sure there's many possibilities for it.

i) The person in charge are bound to instructions, or he just assume it's not allowed. In latter case the staff can be taught that isn't the case as customer is free to have a look. Not knowing the exact status of these cases, as you already know there's never a single staff running the whole dept, therefore it can either be fellow employee's job (the supposed insider), or simply customer who walk in and raided the cases on the floor, playaz did it all the time, don't we?

ii) He allows under normal circumstances but he's just pissed the fact that one by one hotwheels collectors seek to go through the cases, furthermore the 2nd playa onwards wouldn't end up getting anything anyway, so to save the trouble, the usual "takda baru" phrase.

iii) He's behind the whole thing, in this case it's upon your wisdom to find out the truth by getting feedbacks from other collectors (one of reasons we love gatherings), monitoring the restocks, or as simple engaging (NOT confronting) the staff themselves, be friendly and just enquire them what they can let you know about hunts in their store and all. A straight assumption by merely observing staff's body language wouldn't do the justice.

undercoverbrother wrote:
Reading your story i can already spot two things you shouldn't. Firstly it's good to always seek for any staff nearby permission to open the cases. Raid, be a hoarder all you want but permission is a must. When really no one at all then normally i'll go just ahead, but will still inform them afterward. Bear in mind, bout our right as customer and all those are absolutely right, but always look at bigger picture, you don't want to be caught in a situation that made that trip possibly your last. It's nothing to do with right or wrong but when you cut yourself 'one territory' short, i think it's a waste. Furthermore if the store actually not as 'bad' as what you may have thought.

Secondly the blacklisting part. Now be very clear what we mean by 'blacklisting', to us it's just that okay we know this place filled with no good insiders and so, less expectation, less visits, not gonna scout there every day when they about to restocks and all. But avoiding yourself from going there is bad idea indeed.

You see, this has been discussed all the time. The deeper you try find to out influence of so called insiders in hotwheels market, the more depressed you get. What makes a good and bad insider is entirely up to individuals, like how one staff having good chat with a collector is already perceived by other as collectors as him being insider. In that case let's just say 95 percent stores out there have insiders.

Now many would have been disappointed with this, so they began avoiding these places. In the end they're just doing us a favor cause none other than new collectors themselves had their great scores in such places. And they don't even need the 'expertise' of seasoned playaz to do so. Hope you get the idea. Wink

You, my friend, have just left me speechless. In a good way, that is.
You have summed everything up. And I do admit I am wrong for not asking for permission first. Embarassed

Since you've said everything you wanted to say, I doubt there's anything left for me to say too.

But one question, would it be wise to go there again, this time asking for permission first? Or ask my friend to go?lol

it's really up to what you are looking for. a staff which is not collector will never bother about other car. that's where you can get the DD and VW fastback even if the store has insider.

ngehh...i'll try it this friday and see will it works on that staff

rikmun, good luck..

although your chances of getting a greenie is very low..LOL..

and oh, mind if i share with u my wanted list?

ericmaxman wrote:
But one question, would it be wise to go there again, this time asking for permission first? Or ask my friend to go?lol

If i were you, i'll forget about that CP wave and look forward for whats coming next. However i'm just assuming for now that dude is indeed one of those no good insider who favors only certain customers in his list, and so i would anticipate less whatever i may be getting from there. First thing i would do is to confirm my suspicion. If somehow you learned other playaz too had previously scored good stuff here on pegs (and they can be trusted) i would have just leave it that way, not necessary to engage to staff, try to be first hand and stuff. However, if i found out indeed it's true chances of scoring is next to nothing when certain people is around, then i may just explore few possibilities..

- Just rely on right time right place idea no matter how impossible the place is, meaning you're telling yourself none of these people is there 24/7 anyway .. so just keep on hunting maybe one of these days you'll hit a jackpot (either from pegs or cases lying on floor)
- Get in touch with other staff you get to know, maybe you'll get some pointers from them. As long as you do it right (not asking to reserve and all) this not necessarily means you're turning one becoming your own insider.
- When you find the store's corrupted to the core perhaps taking the action, lodge official complaint and stuff is something you can do. Of course we support this, bring down the culprit and all that's good for everyone, but only when you know what you're doing. You don't champion the issue based on hearsays (like all these insiders are supposedly hwcm's fault), at cost of dividing fellow playaz.
- Perhaps the best thing after all is to move on, understanding that particular store is not the one and only place to find hotwheels in Malaysia.

Most important is to remember all this trying to score treasure hunts and whatever hot mainline cars is just part of fun in this hotwheels collecting aside from getting your favorite castings. Can shed some unwanted fats in your body too hehe. People like me and pydrummer, we may be determined to be one of few who can complete, but never desperate for it. You don't hold any grudge towards others just because you no longer haul as many as you used to. Wink

undercoverbrother wrote:
ericmaxman wrote:

If i were you, i'll forget about that CP wave and look forward for whats coming next. However i'm just assuming for now that dude is indeed one of those no good insider who favors only certain customers in his list, and so i would anticipate less whatever i may be getting from there. First thing i would do is to confirm my suspicion. If somehow you learned other playaz too had previously scored good stuff here on pegs (and they can be trusted) i would have just leave it that way, not necessary to engage to staff, try to be first hand and stuff. However, if i found out indeed it's true chances of scoring is next to nothing when certain people is around, then i may just explore few possibilities..

- Just rely on right time right place idea no matter how impossible the place is, meaning you're telling yourself none of these people is there 24/7 anyway .. so just keep on hunting maybe one of these days you'll hit a jackpot (either from pegs or cases lying on floor)
- Get in touch with other staff you get to know, maybe you'll get some pointers from them. As long as you do it right (not asking to reserve and all) this not necessarily means you're turning one becoming your own insider.
- When you find the store's corrupted to the core perhaps taking the action, lodge official complaint and stuff is something you can do. Of course we support this, bring down the culprit and all that's good for everyone, but only when you know what you're doing. You don't champion the issue based on hearsays (like all these insiders are supposedly hwcm's fault), at cost of dividing fellow playaz.
- Perhaps the best thing after all is to move on, understanding that particular store is not the one and only place to find hotwheels in Malaysia.

Most important is to remember all this trying to score treasure hunts and whatever hot mainline cars is just part of fun in this hotwheels collecting aside from getting your favorite castings. Can shed some unwanted fats in your body too hehe. People like me and pydrummer, we may be determined to be one of few who can complete, but never desperate for it. You don't hold any grudge towards others just because you no longer haul as many as you used to. Wink

I can't agree more with that. How true that there's so many other hunting spots for us HW colletors. And as for shedding unwanted fats, it the complete opposite for me, as, erm, I'm fatless. Razz

Yeap, i can keep going on about this but let's just put it in simplest way.. you should know you're one of very very few playaz here so far who have Super Torino hunt in hand, none of us even found one. I think that's more than enough to prove my point.

And btw feel free to keep sharing in this forum whatever you experienced. No problem with reporting more insider sightings and all, in fact we love hotwheels gossips. More hints especially for those hunting within same area. Whatever i have wrote i just meant it as small guide for you guys. Not saying insider thingy is something you guys should care less. Of course it sucks having to deal with these.

This is my second home after LYN, so most (If not all) HW related news will end up here..

Isn't it normal that we all love to gossip? Some ppl gossip about HW, others gossip about artistes.

gossip like this is what i prefer rather than bout artistes hehe
impress with mr UCB post as always...
Wink

I dare say, I have not met any locals online that talks/posts like him...

Hats off to you, UCB !!