Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sakamoto

a problem with a trade in the states

hi all,

need some advise,

recently i have send a few carded card to the US as a trade, upon recieve my cars, that the trader will send back he cars to me.

well what happen was, i send him the cars pack nice with sponge in side and all, the trader just email tell me that my parcel was cruched badly, and all the 4 cars are damage, he than say he will send back the damage cars,

but waited for about 20 days still have not recieve, also he did not provide a photo proof of the damage box before and after opening the box..

what can i do to recover my loses??

any advise....

hokuan wrote:
Does the trader has a good reputation at HWC?

i traded with him due to good remarks..

Imo opinion both of you made a mistake. He = not accepting the fact that the shipment could go wrong especially on international trades. You = too early to call him out in his thread. But i'll just highlight your part cause i don't know much on the other side.

Trade disputes go step by step, so although he's wrong for not accepting your cars (assuming you packed it well so it wasn't your fault), the fact that he offered to return it, 20 days imo is too early to give bad trader alert cause you should know international shipments (even with airmail) can take near 2 months to arrive. That's shipping period, how soon will he post is another matter. So i understand the least he should do is by keeping in touch, at least notifying you when he will post, but he didn't. But there might be possibility he didn't do so because of your negative remark in that thread.

Either of you might be wrong but reputation is very crucial especially when you're working on first trade ever in hwc. And you did huge mistake here, you risk yourself on not getting to do anymore trades with hwc members. Why i say this cause that US trader had pages of feedback with other hwc members while you don't, remember others perception when reading how you post is most important to be able to work on future trades!

Try to resolve the matter openly since he seem to ignore your pm, that's what you should do. You took big risk there by calling him bad trader straight, so when other hwc members monitors both of you honestly what you did don't really help, though i truly understand you're at loss here.

There's always huge risk in trading overseas. I once trade Volvo parts from a guy in Sweden. I send him rare parts worth RM 200 and he will sent me other rare part in return. I packed my parts very meticulously, and all he did was, loosly bubblewrap it with a few folded newspaper, not even crumpled and properly secured. when arrived at customs, one of them shattered from just a minor crack to many pieces.

So both parties may not gave equal commitment to the trade, packaging wise especially. Then he'd blame the postal service (duh). That was the end for overseas trade for me too.

sakamoto wrote:
i am done trading overseas.....

Don't quit now....when you just started to 'test the water'....getting the experience of Worth vs Value! And of course getting s@#t from other traders...but seriously that's all part & parcel of international trades. Patience...not all traders are not UN-negotiable, most are if both parties sorted things out initially all the way thru to the end, some are quick bangx2 and off the parcel goes, some needs time to discuss and settle on the trade deal...

In your case....the trader was 'kind' enough to return the package (he's forking the shipping)...at the end you're still getting back your end. The only thing that 'happened' in between was neither of the traders fault but 'shipping'. You have to face the fact - shit happens! I had occured to me on x2 occassions, both with $THs delivery and yes...you won't believe it - a car must've run over it. You can still see the tire marks on the card!!! ShockedEvil or Very Mad

In my opinion - if i was in your shoe - forget this one time. Take it with a deep breath and *ptui* onto the ground Very Happy LOL...forget it k. Lepas kan la....now you got cars to bikin KUSTOM!!! heheheeh....

I bet the next trade....you'll be more than happy on your end. Don't believe me - believe 'it'! cheers

Rayz-HWC wrote:
sakamoto wrote:
i am done trading overseas.....

Take it with a deep breath and *ptui* onto the ground Very Happy
cheers

i like this quote....a lot

hey bros,

update, i recieved the damage box, but to my supprise, its inside car all not damage, maybe he bully because i am new bie

or he open the box and decide he didn't like it, so he send me back???

cool~
at least everything is safe...
except the box of course...
hmm

zint3000 wrote:
cool~
at least everything is safe...
except the box of course...
hmm

yeah but piss off cos kena play out....i hentam his trader kau kau....

my style, you respect me i surely very respect you......like that than can find friend ma....

where got the a**hole ask me send , he see not like and send back...already show photo ma...