Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f11k11n

DIY Loose Hotwheels Garage

Original Factory Made Loose Car Garage Cost around RM100 ( Tomica Brand ) store up to around 36 cars

http://plamoya.com/en/tomica-40-years-anniversary-3-floors-parking-case-p-25454.html

This Used to be my loose garage:
Box container from Hotwheels, 1 box can filled up to 12 cars, that space only stack up to 7 box equals to 84 loose cars

Plastic Container, 1 level can filled up to 12 cars, but no partition and the cars can bump into each other

Since there's more cars to set loose ( around 100 pcs ), so I need bigger garage to store them all

Bigger plastic container, later will buy one again and stack it up.

Using Impraboard to make partition so the cars wouldn't bump into each other

As the drawer is high, using every level to store only 16 cars is a waste, then I come out with an idea to make it double level using acrylic board (3mm)
This board already in my store room for around 2 years, my bad habit when I have an idea, I will rush to look for the material, later after have the item, then lazy to go on the project.

Cutting process

Cut into shape to fit in the drawer

Double layer drawer, 1 layer store up to 16 cars, 1 drawer double layer equals to 32 cars, the plastic container can store up to 128 cars

Later will need to add the partition

Tomorrow still need to continue the project, will add sidewall to the acrylic base for handle to ease the lifting process.
Just finish doing this cause the idea come out suddenly and I do it all in my bedroom hehehe have to wait till my wife fall asleep or else I would be told to do it at my workplace..... Lazy to go to my workplace as it's on the fifth floor ( my home is not big and long, but it's high hehehe )

Will post out the picture later when it's finished.

Material costing:
Big plastic container RM 50
Impraboard RM 10
Acrylic sheet ( 1 meter square if I'm not mistaken, can make up to 6pcs base ) RM 50
Acrylic cutter RM 20

Total Damage RM 130
For the price of RM 260, I can have a garage that can store up to 256 loose cars, quite cheap compare to Tomica original factory made. If using Tomica to hold up to 256 cars, you have to buy around 8 car garage that will cost you around RM 800 ( WOW............ quite a big amount )
Satisfaction : PRICELESS....................

Thanks for the info, give me an idea how to create an efficient storage box

Just buy additional acrylic sheet today, the big sheet 92cm x 182cm cost around RM 165.

I buy the custom sized, 92cm x 57cm ( previous cutting remains ) for RM55

f11k11n wrote:
Just buy additional acrylic sheet today, the big sheet 92cm x 182cm cost around RM 165.

You are great, ada passion untuk membuat storage sendiri, syabas bapak Smile

sahama wrote:
f11k11n wrote:

You are great, ada passion untuk membuat storage sendiri, syabas bapak Smile

buying the original factory brand really expensive lah.. that's why when being pushed to the edge, the idea come out hehehe