Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorrr

Extreme Widebody VW Golf

Extreme Widebody VW Golf

This car was built for the 2011 "Battle of the V-Dubs" competition at Chillis site.
It barely made it into the comp due to some paint issues that had to be corrected at the last minute,
I was not really worried about it making it into the comp, because...well... it's a Golf, and in the VW competitions the Beetles and Kombies are the popular vote pullers,
but it did make it, and ended up getting 2nd place out of 9 entries in the "Wild" category...... I was surprised.

The casting is a HW VW Golf GTI and the wide body part came from a HW Riley & Scott MK III.(both shown in the last picture)
After cutting the middle out of the MKIII, I lined up the wheel openings, and was pleasently surprised to find that the door lines of both casting lined up perfectly.
JB Kwik was used to bond and mould everything together, as well as build up the rear bumper and the front spoiler, all finished off with a little bondo.
Big bore exhaust is polished alloy tubing, which was also used to make axle tubes for the Jada Speedracer wheels.
Paint is blue and green nail polish over a silver base with the popular GTI blackout, and a little blackwash over the mesh at the front
Foil was used for the lights and badges.

Thanks for looking

wow! nice custom.

The is freaking extreme wideee mann!Awesome!

now u must get that golf into le mans GP Very Happy

i like you colour scheme very very very much Shocked

Wow, extreme is the word. But I like it, especially the colours. Congrats on another great result.

omg....very nice and cool bro...!!!!!awesomee.....

so specials hehe Very Happy