Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LIwordnerd

Hard Rock Cafe Private Concert / CD Signing

I got home awhile ago and have just been dishing out the details to my mom and boyfriend (who is being sweet and very proactive in pretending to care about my David obsession). Pics and video for "Lie" are on my laptop, but I'll upload those later. For those who don't know, I almost didn't go tonight because I felt too crappy this morning to get up and trek to the city. I called Virgin around 3 and they still had about 60 wristbands left so I knew it was a sign that I HAD to go. I got to the store around 5 and they told me they weren't giving them out anymore. I wasn't giving up that easily, so I left the store and then called them and asked again if they were still giving out wristbands, to which they told me YES. So I went back and got one without a problem. That was weird.

The concert was... WHOA. I don't know how David keeps getting better every time I see him. The band blew me away, and not because I was practically up against the stage. Wink Again, I didn't get the euphoric feeling like the first time I was in the same room as David, just the completely amazed feeling that I was watching a REALLY awesome band perform. It's going to be really difficult knowing that I can't go to every single show on the solo "tewer."

I finally got to meet David again an hour and a half after the show ended. Now the last time I met him was in August and wow, I was so nervous! I couldn't get anything out aside from "I love you, David. Thank you for everything." Tonight, I was your basic cucumber. And guys, he was in a RIDICULOUSLY good mood tonight!!! And he was being amazingly sweet. My CD booklet was handed to him and I said "David, the show was AMAZING tonight." And he looked directly into my eyes (his eyes were PIERCING, and I was so entranced by them it almost threw me off balance) and said "Thank you so much!" I told him I almost didn't make it tonight because I felt as sick as a dog today and his jaw fell a little and he said "Oh no!!! Well I really hope you feel better! If it helps, I'm not sick but--" and I can't remember what he said after that, haha.

So he handed me my CD and I said, "If I promise not to breathe on you, can I have a hug?" And he gave me the biggest smile and said, "Okay tell you what, on the count of three we're both gonna hold our breath. Ready? 1... 2... 3!!!" And he dove into me for a HUGE hug! I was so surprised that I'm not sure I gave the proper full hug in return, LOL. And I was making sure I didn't breathe on him. He pulled away, I thanked him, and he gave me another big smile (maybe a wink too? I really don't recall) and said "You're welcome!" And I walked away. I actually started trembling when I left the room because of how impressed I was by the conversation that had just taken place. I will never have a shred of doubt in my mind that he is one of the sweetest people EVER. I am SO glad I went tonight because this was one of the best nights ever.

OH, I finally met Stacy too! She's really cool. Wink

wow, what a fab story!!! I'm really glad you decided to go and that you didn't give up on getting a wristband lol.

GREAT STORY!! I am so glad that you had such a great time and that you got to have a conversation and a hug from David. Ok and a little jealous too. But, yay for you!! Very Happy

wow that sounds amazing... jealous jealous jealous. i want my day to come when i get to meet him... =/

Guest Guest

Awesome story!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

I'm just sitting here laughing about the tiny little mention Stacy gets at the end of your story.....just an afterthought....poor Stacy....LOLLLLLL Very Happy

Guest Guest
Awww Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad you ended up making it to the show. I know you were really looking forward to it!

Aww! I'm so glad you decided to go!! Awww Love

kcbban wrote:
Awesome story!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

I'm just sitting here laughing about the tiny little mention Stacy gets at the end of your story.....just an afterthought....poor Stacy....LOLLLLLL Very Happy

LOL!! Noooo Stacy's awesome! I saw her before the show because she was only a couple of people away from me but I wasn't positive it was her because of her new awesome short hair! So I tapped her after the set and we chatted for a bit. Smile

Guest Guest

I was just messing with ya, Lori!!! Razz LOL

Thanks a million for the photos. My God, I am totally in love with this outfit.

I got him mid-glory note!!!

pictur40.jpg

pictur41.jpg

pictur42.jpg

Hahaha at the next one...

pictur43.jpg

CAUTION: This next one is NOT for those who faint easily.

pictur44.jpg

Guest dawtreecookie

Aw that story made me smile so big Very Happy

And yeah ^ he's definitely making out with that mic... Phew.

Okay, last batch of Dave pics. I've only been posting the best of the best, so here are four more:

pictur45.jpg

pictur46.jpg

pictur47.jpg

One last glory note!

pictur48.jpg

Guest Guest
Wow!!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

And for Andy Skib Lovers Not-So-Anonymous:

pictur49.jpg

pictur50.jpg

pictur51.jpg

pictur52.jpg

pictur53.jpg

pictur54.jpg

Okay, that's it by way of pictures. I couldn't really see Joey or Kyle, and Neal was too far away to get decent shots. When I get "Lie" up on YouTube, I'll post here. Smile

Thanks so much for the story, pix and vid! Loved the hug part of the story!
I can't believe they almost did not give you a wrist band! Good for you to not give up-I guess they did not realize who they were dealing with-Word Nerds don't give up so easy!

Guest Guest
Great story! I'm so happy for you that you didn't give up in getting a wristband!

That's great!!! Hug
I feel like I already met him.He is so sweet.Tnx for photos love plode I have to use new gif.

I'm so glad that you made it to the show in the end, and got that HUGE hug.
Thanks for the pics and video. Very Happy

Wow, Lori! I'm so jealous AND extremely happy for you at the same time it feels ridiculous.. Laughing

I keep saying to myself my time will come! Smile

Thanks for the great pics!

wow that sounds amazing... jealous jealous jealous. i want my day to come when i get to meet him... =/

Me too !!!
Jealous !!! Very Jealous !!!
I want my day to come when I get to see him performing live and geto to meet him..talk to him..hug him.... Awww LoveAwww LoveAwww Love

And for Andy Skib Lovers Not-So-Anonymous:

pictur49.jpg

pictur50.jpg

pictur51.jpg

pictur52.jpg

pictur53.jpg

pictur54.jpg

Okay, that's it by way of pictures. I couldn't really see Joey or Kyle, and Neal was too far away to get decent shots. When I get "Lie" up on YouTube, I'll post here. Smile

Awesome pics! THank you! I am trying to figure out if he is wearing our Word Heroes Dog Tag Est. 06.29.08. Can anyone tell???

Lori, all kinds of awesome for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Hug

I hope last night made you feel better!

It would cure me.

I think all the singing and cheering exacerbated my throat, actually. But at the same time it doesn't bother me that much because Doctor David gave me a dose of love and awesomeness. I'd do it all again if I was practically bed-ridden. Very Happy

Guest Guest

I'm so happy for you, Lori! Thanks for sharing your pics and video -- they are beautiful. "Lie" is my favorite. I went to sleep listening to that all night. Awww Love

Thanks so much for sharing your story and pictures Lori! I'm so glad you had such an awesome time!! It sounded amazing! Thanks also for the video of Lie. It's my favorite song and I'm sitting here in tears. It's so frickin' beautiful.

Amazing story and an amazing man. How can anyone not love him?? Wow. thanks for the video and awesome pics-of both David and Andy. And the red and black... Awww Love

WOW! Thank you so much for the pictures and recap. Once again David shows what an awesome human being he is!

okay, the red bracelet that David is wearing, is it the Official WN bracelet? or is it something else..? Smile

WHOA - Beautiful pics! And I loved your story, so happy for you!

Isn't he just the sweetest, most amazing man?? Awww Love