Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCstar22

Videos from the Hard Rock CD Release and Recap

I let my videos upload last night while I got some much needed rest. Make sure to watch them in high quality- they look much clearer that way! Here they are:

Heroes:

Thanks to everyone I met this weekend! You guys are so sweet and so much fun. I encourage anyone who hasn't done something like camp out overnight in November in Times Square for David Cook to DO IT! It was exhausting and freezing- but 100% worth it. When we arrived at about 12:15 on Monday night (Tuesday morning) to the Virgin Megastore- all the guys from the band were there. I got pictures with all of them and chatted with all of them too. All of them were super nice, down to earth, and excited to be there. I told Andy I love To Have Heroes and he seemed a little surprised, then said "Oh, thank you so much!" and gave me a hug. They all seem to have great sense of humors and be fun to hang around. At one point, we were talking, and Neil said.. "Doesn't it feel like we should all just go out to a bar right now?" Haha- we were like- hell yes, IF you can make sure we get wristbands! Unfortunately they didn't have any. I asked Kyle if he minded the nickname "animal" and he said he didn't mind it and was kind of laughing about it. I can't remember any other tidbits from the conversations I had with the guys- but they were all so nice and left me with a great impression. As you already heard, David Cook himself sent us donuts on Tuesday morning at about 7am. So amazing! I never thought David Cook would buy me a donut! haha Aww. donuts! After getting my wristband, I went home, slept for 2 hours, then came back for the concert.

I got there about 3:50 in the afternoon and eventually got in pretty early, so I was VERY close to the stage (as you can tell from my videos). I won't sum up too much about the concert since most of it has already been said- BUT- the one thing I noticed was how comfortable David is. He acts like a pro and sounds/looks like one. He definitely seems to be born to do this. The crowd was great- the whole experience of hearing DC sing live was unforgettable. I even got a little wave from him during Lie. You can see it in my video!

After waiting for a while to get my CD signed, I finally got up to David and asked him for a hug. He said "Of course!" then I told him "I am so happy for you- you deserve all of this!" and he said "Well thank you, but I don't know about that" and I said, "No really, you do." and he turned back to look at me straight in the eyes and said "Thank you so much, I appreciate that". So cute! The little exchange only lasted about 15 seconds so I really don't even remember anything else- but it was super exciting! I walked outside and some of the other WNs said that David had just gone #1 on itunes. We were like OMG does he know yet? He didn't and some nasty security card would not let us walk 15 feet back through the doors to tell him. Eventually, they got through to Daina and she came out telling us how excited he was and how he started to cry. We actually saw him walk through to the side of the Hard Rock restaurant (away from all the fans) to have a few minutes to himself. Then the mean security lady closed the door- so we couldn't see anything else. Oh well!

As I said before, the whole experience was amazing! One last thing to mention. I think the weirdest thing about seeing David Cook right in front of you is that he is exactly what you expect. Although his singing/performing exceeded all my expectations of course! Smile I guess maybe I had this idea that seeing him would be different in some way- something that can't really be captured in videos, pictures, TV, or recaps from people. But I was pleasantly surprised to say that he was just like I expected- kind, funny, knows how to laugh at himself, passionate, thoughtful, and also seemed very humbled by everything. I could go on, but I need to finish this post up! Anyways, just thought I would share that with those of you are jealous you couldn't get to go to this show, or any show yet. You are of course, missing a great performance- but I think David appears very much like himself in all the videos, pics, and interviews we have read- so you have in a sense, already met him. Very Happy

Thanks again to all the wonderful people I met the last few days! I can't wait to see you again! Magic Rainbow

Awww, great story! And great videos! I can't watch them because I'm at work but they look really close up! And you're right... meeting him is everything you think it's gonna be. He seemed like a sweetheart on the show and the reality is, he's even sweeter. Awww Love

Thank you so much for sharing your videos and recapping it for all of us who weren't there. I'm SO happy for you and glad that you got to share David's special night with him. I'm sure it was amazing! Smile

That is awesome! I am so glad you had an amazing time. Thank you for sharing all of this with us!

And the part about David finding out he was #1 on itunes - Awww! I wanna give him a great big hug! Awww Love

Aww!!! Thanks for these awesome, up close videos. Very Happy

@SV4DC wrote:
AWWWWWW Awww Love

Is it wrong that I am crying AGAIN?????

If it is wrong I am wrong with you. Such a great story. Crying

just thought I would bump in case some people didn't get to see this earlier today...

Love them sweetie! I can't believe how close we were! Ahhh he's so beautiful inside and outside. Those videos will be en blazed in my mind forever and ever. When I die I will remember that was the greatest day of his life and we all got to share it with him!

Shocked

I am only up to Lie and I am a total mess already. I saw the video at Rickey's last night but yours are just INCREDIBLE!! Oh my god, you were so close...This is just amazing, thank you so much for sharing.

And I love your recap too ; sounds like you had the most amazing night and day.

Off to watch the rest of your videos now but I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU before..I don't know if I will be in the state to type anything after Bar-ba-sol...

Amanda, I love your pic with Dave! His face is awesome. LOL Face

datar164asa wrote:
Love them sweetie! I can't believe how close we were! Ahhh he's so beautiful inside and outside. Those videos will be en blazed in my mind forever and ever. When I die I will remember that was the greatest day of his life and we all got to share it with him!

I know!!!! It was such a special day (for us and him)! I can't wait for him to come back to NYC... for a full tour!!! Yahoo!

Thanks Jul. I didn't think fast enough but I wanted him to wear the jacket! My mission was accomplished for him to know that I had the jacket. He remembered at the signing from the day before. The first words out of his mouth was where's the jacket? I was like what you want me to wear it everywhere. He was like yes! and gave me a silly face.

Great videos! Thanks so much for the recap and vids they are awesome! Sounds like you had an amazing time. Im super jealous and was so close to going but damn real life gets in teh way of everything and ruins all the fun

datar164asa wrote:
Thanks Jul. I didn't think fast enough but I wanted him to wear the jacket! My mission was accomplished for him to know that I had the jacket. He remembered at the signing from the day before. The first words out of his mouth was where's the jacket? I was like what you want me to wear it everywhere. He was like yes! and gave me a silly face.

Amanda thats awesome that he remembered you! I would have been squeeing and cheezing so bad lol

Those were amazing videos. Thank you! I just have one thing to say....David's fanbase was out in full force!! Wink

Thanks! haha yeah in the videos a couple times I wasn't paying attention to where my camera was pointing since I was enjoying the show and only got him from the waist down.. I was like OOPS- but then I laughed when I saw the videos. We are ALL Innocent

@DCstar22 wrote:
Those were amazing videos. Thank you! I just have one thing to say....David's fanbase was out in full force!! Wink

Thanks! haha yeah in the videos a couple times I wasn't paying attention to where my camera was pointing since I was enjoying the show and only got him from the waist down.. I was like OOPS- but then I laughed when I saw the videos. We are ALL Innocent

ROFLOL At a couple points last night, he jumped up on the speaker I was leaning against and was, um, towering over me, and so to look at him, I kinda had to be starting at the fanbase looming over my head! Embarassed

Hey, can you post the link to your vids on youtube as well, please?

Hey, can you post the link to your vids on youtube as well, please?

Do you mean the direct links to the videos and not the embed files?

Guest Guest
If you double click the embedded video it takes you directly to youtube and that video!

@DCstar22 wrote:
I let my videos upload last night while I got some much needed rest. Make sure to watch them in high quality- they look much clearer that way! Here they are:
:

Wow...Awesome videos and the sound quality is very good. thanks so much for sharing your vids and story!