Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Nicole*

Nicole's Columbus Jingle Ball Recap!

12.11.08: Nicole's Jingle Ball Review

Part 1 - Preshow

I left Toledo around 10 am and carpooled with Kristen to Columbus for the show. We stopped at Wendy's before getting to Columbus, and finally arrived around 1:15.

I met up with Nic at the venue and we waited outside to see if any of the guys were coming out, but they didn't. We got into the Decibel Club line (we had to pay more, but it allowed us to get in 15 minutes early). I started talking with some other Word Nerds and made my epic "David, armpit farts are sexy" sign.

It was freezing cold, but we all kept warm with hand warmers and blankets. Finally, around 3:30 or so, a security guard comes out to talk to us to tell us about the venue policies for the show. I asked him if he could bring Dave out, but he said that he was doing an interview next door and would be out in about 45 minutes. 45 minutes rolled around, and still no Dave. Very Sad Next thing we know, we hear some girl scream and run toward the gate, where there was a balcony to the building next door on the other side. There's David freaking Cook standing right there, talking to her. I get up to the front of the gate and said hi to him. He had a look of recognition on his face and said "Hey!" Then I said "Guess what?" He goes, "What?" I said "Your armpit farts are sexy!!" He laughs and says thank you, I try. What a goof.. I love him. Rolling Eyes

There were a group of about 15 girls from the Word Nerd Home forum who decorated pink panties for David and were going to throw them on stage during "Bar-Ba-Sol." We took a group picture of them with the panties because it was just too funny. :lmao:

We were getting hungry, so we ordered Papa Johns around 5 and they delivered it to the venue. While we're eating, we could hear soundcheck. Dave practiced Life On the Moon A LOT, and a couple times which were acoustic. :omg: Then, we hear him performing a cover song, and we come to find out that it's "Hunger Strike." We were all dead by that point!

Finally, around 6:15 or so, Kristen and I took our stuff back to the car so we didn't have a lot to hold during the show. We come back, and people said that they heard Dave performing "Permanent." We didn't think that he'd be singing it during the show, though.

The line was getting longer around 6:30. We were told that with our Decibel Club membership that we would get in by 6:45 but we didn't get in until about 7:00 or so.

We all ran in there, and we ended up being 2nd row dead center. Now is when the fun was about to begin.....

LMAO! Love the PPB picture, I didn't get one on my camera. Your recaps are awesome...can't wait to hear the rest...

Yes, that IS when the fun began! Actually, I even had fun standing out in the freezing cold...but the all kinds of epic fun began when we walked through those doors cheersMega Rock

Decibel Club FTW! cheers

Part 2: Showtime!

We had about a 45 minute wait for the show to start. The venue had some pretty good music playing while we waited for Dave to come on. There were a group of 6 or so girls in front of us (which, I must say were very annoying) who met Dave at the meet and greet before the show.

We noticed a beautiful painting that was onstage. After talking to a few people, we found out that it was from the Brazilian Word Nerds.

David and the EEB came on promptly at 8:00 pm. Joey, Kyle, Andy, and Neal were the first to come on stage, followed by Dave after a teaser 2 minute intro. Finally, the beginning of "Heroes" started and I FREAKED OUT. I was singing along so loud, and apparently Rickey got a kick out of it because he could hear me during the cellcast. Laughing

After "Heroes" was "Mr. Sensitive". This song is so beautiful live. <3 He was full of energy and sounded on key throughout the whole performance. He was very happy that we were singing along to the songs. After "Mr. Sensitive" was "Declaration." Everybody started clapping right away and was singing yet again. Dave let us sing part of it, which was a lot of fun. He then performed "Life On the Moon," which was one of my favorites of the night. After LOTM, he bantered and talked about the next song he was going to do, and mentioned that his dad was in the audience and that the song was for his brother Adam. I officially freaked out because I knew it was "Permanent." He sounded so beautiful, and I was in utter shock that he performed it. :'( He definitely teared up at the end.

Dave bantered again after "Permanent" and mentioned that he was going to do a cover. Some people yelled "Creep" and Dave replied with "No, I'm not a Creep. Sorry." Laughing He then introduced everyone in the band except for Kyle. He said he wasn't going to introduce him because he kicked Dave in the balls last night. Dave then admitted that it was payback from Wednesday night when Dave kicked Kyle. Laughing They have such a great relationship. After he talked a bit more about the band,he's performing "Hunger Strike." :omg: It was seriously the most amazing thing I've ever heard. Next was "Bar-Ba-Sol." The PPB girls were swinging their pink panties during the song. :haha:

After "Bar-Ba-Sol" the girls were screaming at Dave to pick up HIS panties. Rolling Eyes He then said "Okay, we need to have a conversation. These are NOT mine. He holds up a pair and stretches it between his fingers, and throws it on the ground and makes the most hilarious face ever. Laughing "These aren't even adult size. Maybe I'll put these on Andy's head later when he's drunk."

Of course, after "Bar-Ba-Sol" was "Light On." We all got our glow sticks out and sung along. We were very loud and Dave really enjoyed it. Very Happy

At some point during the show, I had thrown my reindeer antlers on stage, but they didn't quite get to Dave. He did see them, though. After the show, he picked them up and put them on his head. It was so cute! :haha:

A lot of people left after Dave was done performing, so Kristen and I moved up to the front row. We couldn't decide if we wanted to stay or leave, so Jen and Steph left and promised that they would call/text us if they saw the guys. We really didn't know what was going to happen next.......

Part 3: Aftershow

Not even 10 minutes after David and the EEB were done performing, we got a call from Jen saying to come outside. Kristen and I sprinted outside so fast it wasn't even funny. We finally got to the gate where the buses park, and Jen said that we just missed all the guys walking to a building that was behind the venue. We weren't sure if they were going to be coming out of there, or going back into the venue to watch Staind.

About 5 minutes later, Jen spots a guy with curly hair through a little crack in the fence and thinks it's Joey. She didn't want to scream his name, so I did. Sure enough, it was him! He came over to the fence and talked to me. I told him we had presents and cards for him, and he said he'd come around out of the gate later.

I then texted Nic "OMG GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW." Not even 2 minutes later, she was outside with Eric. Laughing She asked me what was going on and I told her that Joey just came out. We waited for about 15 minutes, and the next thing we know, Andy comes walking out of the building behind the venue. I yelled his name and he came right over to the fence and said hi to me, and asked the security guard to open the gate.

Following Andy was Kyle and Joey and I about Censored my pants!!!!! I was so freaking excited.

First, I approached Joey. I thanked him for coming out and he said it was no problem.

I was thinking to myself "OMG this man is so gorgeous up close!!!!!" I told Joey that I had permed my hair just for him, then told him I was joking and said it was natural. He loved my hair! I gave him his Christmas card and he asked if it was for him and I said "Yes! Dave isn't the only one who gets presents anymore. You're part of the band too!" He gave me a hug and thanked me. Then, he signed my CD cover and we took a picture.

I gave Joey crap about never responding to my myspace messages, and he promised me he'd try to reply. Hopefully he keeps his word. Laughing I asked him if they were staying the night, and he said yes, so I then asked him what they were doing after the show and he said they were going to a bar to watch some band play. He wasn't sure what the name of the bar was though, so I just left it at that.

Next, I approached the beautiful Andy Skib.

I introduced myself and told him how amazing the THH CD is and how he's a great part of the band. He thanked me, and gave me a hug. I gave him his Christmas card and he again asked "This is for me?" Laughing These guys do not understand that it's not all about Dave anymore. :bleh: We took a picture and he signed my CD cover. After we were done taking our picture, he was handing my camera back to me, and then he dropped it! :o :fear: He picked it up off the ground and apologized 9928948 times and asked me if it was still working. I told him it was, and not to worry about it. I thanked him again for everything and gave him another hug. Andy was taking a picture with another fan, and Kyle snuck up behind him in the picture. Laughing

While I was waiting in line to say hi to Kyle, I was going to look at my picture with Andy and then realized that it said "unrecognized file format" from when he dropped it. :'( By the time I noticed, he was already gone, so I couldn't get another picture.

At first, Kyle came out in just a t-shirt. The poor guy was FREEZING! He left and came back all bundled up. I introduced myself and told him I was cold and asked if he could keep me warm. Laughing He said "Of course" and hugged me! :wub: I told him that we waited 7.5 hours out in the cold for them this afternoon and he called us "Crazy troopers." Laughing I gave him his Christmas card, then he signed my CD cover and we took our picture.

Out of no where, I hear a familiar voice behind me and sure enough it's DAVE!!!!! I freaked out and got up close to him and he had a look of recognition on his face. There was a girl in front of me, but when he was done talking to her, HE started talking to me first. Here's how the convo went:

DAVE: Hey sweetie! Nice to see you again
Me: You too
DAVE: *pulls me in for a hug* Did you get to talk to _____ yet?
Me: No, I saw her walking across the stage after you were done performing, and I called her name but she didn't hear me.
DAVE: I'll tell her that you're here and said hello.

:spaz: :spaz: :spaz:

Dave was then joking around about the pink panties and was laughing about it. He looked over at me again and said "Yeah, and you think my armpits are sexy." Laughing

I asked him if he could sign my CD cover, then told him that I had a birthday card for him. He was very appreciative and hugged me again. <3

We then took a picture, and I had no idea what he was going to do. He put his hand on my head, but I had no idea what facial expression he was making. This is how it turned out:

"I LOVE YOUR HAIR!" was his next comment. I about died.

Kristen got to show Dave the sign she made, and told him that it was 2-sided. He read the side of the sign that said "David, put me in your mouth." It had a bunch of pictures of him with various objects in his mouth. His comment was "Very subtle." Laughing

I then remembered that I had letters to give him from Beth, Hollie, and Katie. I told Dave that the letter on top was from Beth and that she had gone to GMA to see him but didn't get to meet him. He said that he'd read it later.

I heard Dave saying that he only had time for 2 more pictures, then he had to leave. I found Nic in the mob, and dragged her through. Once we got up there, she was 3 feet away and he left. :'( I felt so bad. So close, yet so far away. I'm sorry Nic love, next time!

And he was gone... Very Sad It was such a perfect ending to a perfect night.

Kristen, Jen, Lori and I left the venue and headed to the bar to see if we could find the guys.......

*so jealous of Nicole for meeting the guys*
But I'm actually really happy for you too! LOL. I still can't believe we missed it. What were we thinking??! Pulling hair

I know..I was just trying to be good because Dave was telling us to stay and watch Staind.

Why did I listen to David????? Pulling hair

Nicole, I know you don't know me. But I was getting some of your twitter updates and I just wanted to say thanks for the posts. This was awesome and I know how exciting it is to hang with the band and get to talk to Dave. I'm so happy for you and everyone who went and had fun yesterday. Congrats on everything.

WOW!!! That's all amazing... You're all so very lucky for being there, meeting & hanging with the band & of course! David himself Very Happy

ROFLOL with the PPB. I'm so jealous that David saw all yours, wish I was one of you showing also my pink panty to him LOL Face

Thanks for sharing you greatest moments.

Great recap Nicole. Glad you got to meet all the guys and That's so great that David remembers you. And called you "sweetie"? And went to hug you first? Wow! Such a cute picture you got with him, and with all of them. You are very bold to tell Kyle you are cold! Who is Viki that he was asking if you'd spoken to.

Nicole !!!
Amazing recap !
I envy you so so much girl !!!!
What great moments we lived my dear !!!
So close to David Awww Love and the band guys !!!

Oooh! I love David's leather jacket! Awww Love
Thanks for sharing this to us Nic! It's so nice of him to take his time to talk to all of you.

I'm sorry, I had to edit my post. I can't tell who she is. It's only for Dave and his family's safety.

Guest Guest
Nicole, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures!

Nicole, I LOVED your recap: story, pictures, everything!

You seem like such a sweetheart- no wonder David called you sweetie. And he loved your hair! (very pretty). Did you tell him it smells REALLY nice? LOL Face

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!

Did you ever get your wallet back? I hope so... if not, I bet you still wouldn't trade that night for anything (well... you know what I mean!). Very Happy

Nicole,
You lucky girl. He called you sweetie, gave you a hug, and told you he liked your hair (at which point you should have asked him if he'd like to run his fingers through it!) Your hair is adorable by the way.

I just noticed you have a myspace message from him in your siggie? Are you serious? He called you sweetie AGAIN?! I think he's in love. Are you going to tell us what you wrote to Neal?

My friends keep telling me he's in love too.. LOL! The person who I was looking for at the show on Thursday night messaged me later on yesterday afternoon and said something like "Sorry I missed you. We left Columbus around 2. David told me last night that he saw you, and again complimented on how nice you are, and that you said hello to me."

Okay, the first thing I said to Neal was a comment..
Dec 12 2008 3:09 AM

Ok Mr. Tiemann...

We have some talking to do.

Where were you tonight in Columbus? Everyone came outside except for you. What was more important than coming out and talking to your amazing fans?? We had birthday presents for you, but you missed out.. we're keeping them now! Sorry about your luck.

Next was a message..

Date:
Dec 12, 2008 3:03 PM

Subject:

Where the f*ck were you?!?

Body:
LOL ok Neal...

We were waiting outside in the cold ALL day yesterday.. for 7.5 hours and you didn't come out to see us. We had birthday presents for you, but clearly you don't want them. If you're still in Columbus, we're still here at the Crowne Plaza. Feel free to stop by and get them. We're waiting in the lobby because I lost my wallet and we're going to check to see if I left it at the bar last night. So, if you want to make me happy, come and get your presents SmileSmile
[url=http://i45. photobucket. com/albums/f87/Kristen8108/David%20Cook%20-%20Columbus/IMG_0 002. jpg]http://i45. photobucket. com/albums/f87/Kristen8108/David%20Cook%20-%20Columbus/IMG_0 002. jpg[/url]

I also sent him this one, but he hasn't read it yet.

Date:
Dec 13, 2008 1:47 AM

Subject:

hey you cute jerkface Smile

Body:
hahaha I'm kidding.. you're not a jerkface!

I hope you got a kick out of reading my last message. Glad you guys got to FL safely. Hope you're warmer than you were last night in Columbus.. it was freezing!

And why didn't you come get your presents today? We waited until 6 for you.. Razz

Oh and I see that you and Andy are having another myspace party.. hahahaha.. you 2 are myspace man-whores.

OK Nicole... I think David is enchanted by your "crowning glory" (not to mention that you do seem like a sweetheart). To him, I'm sure your hair looks like "tactile nirvana".

I love it! OH the Cook brothers must be enchanted by us. You can have David and I'll have Andrew. Wink We can be in laws!

LOL.

This conversation just reminded me of something. My mom was over here the other day and I had a bunch of pictures on the table that I was trying to put away and there were pictures from the night in NYC in the plile. I am in the other room doing laundry and she comes in holding the stack of pictures and waves one of me and Neal and says, "Who is this hot dude?" I said, "Um Neal. You think he's hot? I didn't think snakebites and tats would be your thing." And she shrugged and says, "It makes him look bad, I like bad." So I'm already about to die laughing and then she says, "Doesn't look like son-in-law material though. But you should try." I swear to God I about stopped breathing I was laughing so hard. Laughing

The she looks through the rest of the pics, sees some of Kyle and says, "Aww look at the little one. Adorable!"

Poor boys, now my mom is on them. Laughing

My dad put Neal to shame in the tattoo department. So yeah, that really is her thing I guess. Laughing

Wow, Nicole.. I can't believe David left you a myspace message! That is so awesome. I am so excited for you! Too bad Neil didn't get your presents though Very Happy That was super thoughtful to think of bringing all the guys something nice! Way to represent the word nerds well!

@CCforDC wrote:
LOL.

This conversation just reminded me of something. My mom was over here the other day and I had a bunch of pictures on the table that I was trying to put away and there were pictures from the night in NYC in the plile. I am in the other room doing laundry and she comes in holding the stack of pictures and waves one of me and Neal and says, "Who is this hot dude?" I said, "Um Neal. You think he's hot? I didn't think snakebites and tats would be your thing." And she shrugged and says, "It makes him look bad, I like bad." So I'm already about to die laughing and then she says, "Doesn't look like son-in-law material though. But you should try." I swear to God I about stopped breathing I was laughing so hard. Laughing

The she looks through the rest of the pics, sees some of Kyle and says, "Aww look at the little one. Adorable!"

HAHAHA! Thats awesome! I wish my mom thought that about them! She thinks they look dirty. She dosnt get it!

Guest dawtreecookie

Note to self: Make sure hair is extra curly at next concert Razz I'm naturally curly too. Must reel in Dave. Drool

So Nicole do you know someone who Dave knows and that's why he recognized you and messaged you? I don't want to know who it is, just wondering how you're so fortunate Smile

Guest Guest
Nicole, you are one lucky lady. Enjoy the moment and pray it extends beyond a "moment."

Best of luck,
Jul

@CCforDC wrote:
LOL.

Chel, I loved this. Sounds like your mom and I think alike. lol. I like em bad too. Bad is just more fun, but not for long term. lol. But definitely for a good time.

It's funny. I thought I would be really intimidated when meeting Neal. But at GMA and in Times Square he was so freaking cool and sweet. Kind of surprised me. Did not expect that.

That was a great recap. I have to live vicariously through you, Nicole et al. because I couldn't make it. I literally cried and now i'm crying again. *graps some tissue so tears wont ruin the keyboard* I'm okay now this too shall pass. I'll meet them ONE DAY!

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it! Very Sad You will definitely get your chance on the solo tour.

Nicole...I told you the first time I saw you in a pic with David that you should
be his girlfriend. I still think you should be. You both are too cute for words.
Hedid say at one point that he might consider dating a fan..and that 'it depends on the person...I enter into a relationship with no expectations"

Remember that You have so much more going for you than madaaaam K.C.

Thanks soooo much for the great pics and recap!

I have been stuck with no electricity since Thursday night at midnight and it is now friggin SUNDAY. I couldn't stand it any longer and went to McDonalds for hot coffee and INTERNET!

AND..
I love the PP Brigade!!!!!!!

Great recap!

I can't believe we were upstairs in the balcony...staying for Staind as David told us to do, while you guys were outside getting to meet the band and see him.

Guess I just wasn't meant to see him for my bday!! At least he laughed about the PPB!