Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Had an interview today ...

for the position I've been working in for the last five years confused 

I've been asking about what would happen once I had passed my degree (which I did earlier in the year) and never really got an answer. We're now having a department "restructure", so the opportunity has arisen for me to get a promotion to Quantity Surveyor, from Assistant QS; which is what the interview was for today.

So. In essence I have had an interview for a position the company has spent the last five years paying for me to be trained to do confused  confused  surrender  surrender 

I can't figure it out. The interview seemed to go well, so I'm fairly confident. If I don't get it, then the company has wasted 5 yrs and about £9k, and I'll be looking for another job thumbs 

Timescale. We should hear next week, but it may be the week after slaphead  slaphead  slaphead 

The words: organise, brewery, pi$$-up. couldn't, a, in spring to mind

that's an odd one mike scratch someone had a liquid lunch  - anyway  hope it all works out and good luck least your qualified m8 thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
that's an odd one mike scratch someone had a liquid lunch  - anyway  hope it all works out and good luck least your qualified m8 thumbs

Agree mate. I think someone is just ticking boxes as I think they need/want to get rid of someone. See how it goes. As you say, if not what I want, then I'll go somewhere else. Things seem to be picking up thumbs 

its the not knowing mike that would worry me, I would think after spending that much time/money they would keep you on m8

@dick65 wrote:
its the not knowing mike that would worry me, I would think after spending that much time/money they would keep you on m8

Agree mate, I think I'll be okay. As you say it's just the not knowing.

good luck mate thumbs 

Cheers Chad thumbs 

@madsod wrote:
Hope all goes well Mike

Cheers mate. Think it will be okay. As Dick said above, there's no point in them investing all the time and money in me than not giving me the position they've trained me for, and I have been doing for the last few years Shocked  Shocked 

Similar company to mine mike. Went for interview for charge hand, i didnt get it but wasnt told i heard through word of mouth.

Fookin idiots smack 

Good luck mike hope ya get it fingers crossed thumbs 

@madsod wrote:
Hope all goes well Mike
Cheers mate. Think it will be okay. As Dick said above, there's no point in them investing all the time and money in me than not giving me the position they've trained me for, and I have been doing for the last few years Shocked   Shocked 

I hope he gets the job. I found out to my expense that sometimes being in training or development is done chiefly to line the pockets of management. But soon as the economy makes a healthy turn-a-round I will be moving on.

Thanks to all for the good luck and best wishes. If they stick to their usual timescale it'll be January by the time they sort it Shocked  Shocked  I'm hoping by end of the month at the latest thumbs  thumbs 

@obalanga wrote:
@madsod wrote:
Hope all goes well Mike
Cheers mate. Think it will be okay. As Dick said above, there's no point in them investing all the time and money in me than not giving me the position they've trained me for, and I have been doing for the last few years Shocked   Shocked 
I hope he gets the job. I found out to my expense that sometimes being in training or development is done chiefly to line the pockets of management. But soon as the economy makes a healthy turn-a-round I will be moving on.

If I don't get this then I'll be doing the same. Seems pointless having the qualification then not using it.

sure you'll be ok mike, after all who would want to be the bloke that's sits in front of you and says you not getting the job. Shocked 

@madcarper wrote:
sure you'll be ok mike, after all who would want to be the bloke that's sits in front of you and says you not getting the job. Shocked 

It's one of the reasons I think I'll be okay thumbs  Shocked  Wink  Wink  Wink 

Good luck Mike thumbs  I'm sure everything will be fine as said I wouldn't like to be the one telling you bad news smack  our production managers have to re-apply for their own jobs every couple of years scratch  seems a bit daft, if there has been no issue with the quality of someone's work then why put them through all the worry? confused