Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CookifiedTexan

MWK - 2/18/2010 Tulsa - Flytrap Music Hall planning thread

I'm putting it out there that I am going to Livestream the show on Ustream from my phone so look out for the link on my twitter page it will send it out simultaneously

ETA: This is not an organized effort just wanted to tell ya if you wanted to check it out

Amanda, that sounds cool - I've never heard of it - what is Ustream like?

And thanks for sharing the concert with us!

Hey, I haven't been around the Home much lately but just wanted to say I'm gonna be going to this show - I am soooo excited!!! I had a free flight on Southwest from all the Dave travel during the past year and was able to use it for my flight to Tulsa!

I may have an extra ticket to the show but not sure yet. Will let you guys know if I do.

Ok so after 2 weeks of fighting online with William Shatner I am finally booked to fly to Tulsa. Im $300 poorer but it will be worth it. Now I can happily be excited!!! Excited

Kathy, thank you so much in advance for your sure-to-awesome videos! And have a FABULOUS time at the show. I'm still all WooHoo!! for everyone who gets to go, I'm glad a handful at least from here can make it.

It's just a short drive up the turnpike so I am happy to memorialize this awesome event for everyone. I am already picking up some Luna for people but I may be open to get a few more. I am afraid they will sell out early. I for one hope they have MWK t-shirts, cause I will be all over that & maybe even wear it to Dave's show in California....just for s's & g's

Wow, didn't even occur to me there might be t-shirts & other merch? I dunno if there will but it's fun to think about!

Chele, I'm glad you won the fight with William Shatner by the way!

Thanks. Although Im pretty sure Shatner kicked my ass. Daina's flying the same flight and got hers for $171 but by time I got there to book the price was up a hundred bucks.

Oh well, Im going to see MWK, and really $300 is worth it. Of course I could've flown to London cheaper but that besides the point. Rolling Eyes

Guest Guest
Wow, I'm excited so many from here are going. Can't wait for recaps and vids (and ustream, Amanda--cool!).

Have fun everyone!!

If you plan on going, please sign up in the new concert planning thread.

Everyone who has said in this thread they're going, I already signed you up. Smile

Guest Guest
I would SO love a tshirt!!

Here are the myspace pages for the line up
http://www.myspace.com/nothingmoremusic
http://www.myspace.com/bcjmusic
http://www.myspace.com/pacoestrada
and of course http://www.myspace.com/mwkmusic

Well the Flytrap said that the openers might play around 45 minute sets and MWK might play anywhere from 70-90 minutes for anyone who was concerned on time. The doors are at 7pm so that's enough time for 4 bands to do decent amount of songs.

Guest Guest

Woo to the Hoo!!!

Still wish I was able to go....

mwk110.jpg

Guest Guest

Well here is a list of the members who are going. Maybe they could help out. Just don't bombard them with PMs ..... lol. Organize a list of who wants a shirt (if any are being sold) and who wants CDs. Then take it from there. I believe either Chele (CCforDC) or Ashley (tschick0373045) are already taking orders for CDs.

1. CCforDC
2. tschick0373045
3. cougarslovecook
4. ReallyCookin
5. datar164asa
6. Jane62

Hope this helps you out Great

Tricia wrote:
Well here is a list of the members who are going. Maybe they could help out. Just don't bombard them with PMs ..... lol. Organize a list of who wants a shirt (if any are being sold) and who wants CDs. Then take it from there. I believe either Chele (CCforDC) or Ashley (tschick0373045) are already taking orders for CDs.

1. CCforDC
2. tschick0373045
3. cougarslovecook
4. ReallyCookin
5. datar164asa
6. Jane62

Hope this helps you out Great
We won't bombard them! thanks for starting a list and add me to the list for a shirt (if they have them) and a CD. Thanks! Very Happy

I'm already getting like 8-9 CDs so I don't think i can take any more orders!

datar164asa wrote:
I'm putting it out there that I am going to Livestream the show on Ustream from my phone so look out for the link on my twitter page it will send it out simultaneously

ETA: This is not an organized effort just wanted to tell ya if you wanted to check it out

I think that'd be really cool but I just wondered, have you looked into the legality of it? Not to be a spoilsport, but I remember Mandy saying once something about live streaming being possibly illegal? Though I remember we had something like that from a show in Tulsa before through a friend of hers who lived there, with video - anyone remember that? And at this small level I imagine it wouldn't be an issue? I don't know, just wanted to throw that out there ...

Im already getting 5 CDs(yes yours too China) so I dont think I can take anymore requests. That is if they have enough stock. As for t-shirt, if they have them I dont think I can do it, as Im only taking carry on luggage to avoid the $60 luggage fees on the plane. No way can I stuff extra shirts in that.

@CCforDC wrote:
Im already getting 5 CDs(yes yours too China) so I dont think I can take anymore requests. That is if they have enough stock. As for t-shirt, if they have them I dont think I can do it, as Im only taking carry on luggage to avoid the $60 luggage fees on the plane. No way can I stuff extra shirts in that.
Thank you, Chele! It means so much. I Truely appreciate it. Hug And don't worry about the shirt It's no big deal! Very Happy I have the money for the CD too.

Guest Guest

Yes it is wonderful that you ladies are helping out. I was just letting them know who was going.... you all are great and I know they all greatly appreciate it Hug

Tricia wrote:
Yes it is wonderful that you ladies are helping out. I was just letting them know who was going.... you all are great and I know they all greatly appreciate it Hug
YES! We appreciate it so much that you ladies are going out of your way to help us out. So, Thank YOU! Heart

I really want a CD too...but I don't want to push anybody's luggage over the limit. I guess I can just order them off CD Baby.

Ok, i just want to get something off my chest right now.

Chele, I AM very thankful you are going out of your way to get me and anyone else here a CD. I am not greedy whatsoever, so i don't want you or anyone else to think that. I only wanted a shirt because a good friend gave me the money which i didn't ask for to get one, and did not want the money to goto waste. Therefore, i was hoping to get a shirt it's not that big of a deal. I wasn't expecting one, i'm just wondering if anyone could possibly get one then PM me and let me know. That's all return to your regular tv programming. Very Happy

I really want a CD too...but I don't want to push anybody's luggage over the limit. I guess I can just order them off CD Baby.

Jamie, Andy tweeted they'll only be available at the shows (he did use the word 'shows' plural apparently)

@Jane62 wrote:

Jamie, Andy tweeted they'll only be available at the shows (he did use the word 'shows' plural apparently)

Oh ok.

datar164asa wrote:
Here are the myspace pages for the line up
http://www.myspace.com/nothingmoremusic
http://www.myspace.com/bcjmusic
http://www.myspace.com/pacoestrada
and of course http://www.myspace.com/mwkmusic

Well the Flytrap said that the openers might play around 45 minute sets and MWK might play anywhere from 70-90 minutes for anyone who was concerned on time. The doors are at 7pm so that's enough time for 4 bands to do decent amount of songs.

My eyes got stuck on that part. 70-90 minutes of MWK performing is heaven!!!
Shocked

Please! "-s" in shows come true!
Please!

Yes yes yes! Pretty please with sugar on top? Wink

It seems like there's going to be a pretty long set! I like the sound of that, even if I'm unable to be there.

Message me privately if you want a hard copy of LUNA. I will take the first 4 responses and I will send you your copy if you would like? Anyone that's going to the Cali show I will be there so yeah we can exchange there is you would like?

Ok so only 1 more person to message me to get a Luna EP. If you want me to get you one message me.

I live nearby so I don't mind getting more. Sorry my inbox was full...duh. I cleared it out now. My plan is just to get as many as I can and if I have a PM from you I will contact you back and get it to you. If the take AMX I will be ok with getting as many as they have, if not then it may be a problem. But I am willing. I figure they'll be around $10. I can tweet the shirts if there are any and you can tweet back...again IF they take AMX I can do anything you want me to do.