Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clubber

How do I import my Forumotion forum to ForumsClub?

The conversion of a Forumotion forum into a ForumsClub Collab is a totally free service offered by Forumotion to all administrators wishing to participate in the ForumsClub adventure.

You have 2 ways to transfer your Forumotion forum to ForumClub

1. You can make a request directly from the administration panel of your Forumotion forum : 

In this case, the transfer is direct. Your forum and all its content and members will be transferred from the forum to its new ForumsClub collab.  

To make the request, go to your admin panel > General > Forum > Convert forum to Club : then click on the button "Convert the forum"

forumsclub transfer.png

2. By accepting the invitation: : 

Forumotion sends invitations to some of its forums of particular interest to this project to invite them to migrate to ForumsClub. In this case, the board administrator has the choice of accepting or refusing this invitation.

01-04-11.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Legends Roleplay

How does this work?  Will my forum still exist as is but also be featured here? 

When you convert your forum over to here, all activity will occur here.  Your forum does not disappear.  The links will redirect to here.  You can still access the AP of your forum.

Edited by SLGray

Guest Legends Roleplay

But it will change to the appearance and coding to that of this forum?  

Edited by Legends Roleplay

No.  It will take the design of the club page.  You can change some images.

Guest Legends Roleplay

Okay, thank you. I'd rather just redirect to my page via links because I  pay for my forum and enjoy custom coding.  I do have a widget with a link to here on my forum though. 

Hello everyone 

I have an old forum and now i wanna convert it to forums club. But when i was trying to login to that site, i didn't see any convert thing line in Admin Control Panel -> Forum  -> Convert to club 

My site : http://szvn.forumotion.com

Edited by SarkZKalie

Could you post a screenshot of your AP?

Edited by SLGray
  • Like 1

hello @SarkZKalie

you can't import your forum on ForumsClub for the simple reason that it's not an English forum. 

Indeed, the ForumsClub project as well as the possibility to import the Forumotion forums above only concerns the English forums

• Like 1

I didn't remember exactly how did i create it. Now it's just an inactive site with activity point = 0

11 hours ago, SarkZKalie said:

@Clubber as you could see, my site was English but it seems hard to find that option :)))

I don't talk about the default language you applied to your forum but about its content... ;) 

So sad, it's mean there is no way to import a non-English site to Forumsclub, right? Can i get an invitation?

ForumsClub is an English site, so it is normal that only forums with English content can be created or transferred to it.

Guest Abdelhamid

New forums on ForumOtion may be migrated automaticly to ForumsClub.

If ForumsClub refuses to change your forum to ForumsClub forum, what are the reasons ? Does I have to buy ForumOtion package before migration ?

They are not switched automatically.  You have to do it in the administration panel of the forum.

Check the top screenshot in the first post.

One reason why your forum could be not transferred is that it is not in English.

Edited by SLGray

hello,

the forum package has no impact on its acceptance on ForumsClub. in addition to having an english forum, the other most important reason is having a forum with added value content.

indeed, we systematically refuse the transfer of forums with little or no content, test forums,...etc. 

If I hit transfer, what ultimately changes? Do rights for all change to ForumClubs? Does the web address change from what I use for forumotion? Besides increasing traffic to my page now, what's the catch, so to speak, for transferring it to ForumClubs?

Thanks.

Your forum remains the same, except all links redirect to here.  Because of this, all activity occurs here.  As the founder, you still have access to your forum's administration panel.  If you do transfer your forum, there is no going back.  When you transfer your forum, all topics, posts, and members are transferred, so you and your members do not have to create an account here.  Just login with your forum's login information.

Thanks for the response. So the look of it all, it all remains the same? The way the forums, topics, and posts all stay the same?

Yes.  The only  difference is the features that ForumsClub has, but the forum does not. ForumsClub has many features that the forum does not.