Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Suzuki owners club spring rally 1977

Did any one else here do the 1977 Suzuki Owners Club Spring rally? It took place in a field and the pub was just over the road I can not for the life remember the venue The rally badge was black and gold enamel round, the sales guy from Apple Motor cycles Hinkley was there he bought me a pint the following week he crashed coming out of Earl Shilton RIP just for got is name.Twig! he was the owner of Apple.

Guest Guest

Nah, I was only 12!! party and Star wars was the most exciting thing I did that year, oh and Jaws!

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
and I was 13 , just started looking at the littlewoods catalogue at the girls in there under ware Embarassed

not just me that did that no1

maddog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
and I was 13 , just started looking at the littlewoods catalogue at the girls in there under ware Embarassed

not just me that did that no1

i preferred the women.

Guest Guest
nope, wasnt even alive you old sod.

The rally was in glasbury wales near haye on whye...and it chucked it down on the way home ...i was there...cant believe im answering a four year old post..i think the pub was called the harp...i remember arriving at about 11pm and being pushed up the slight but very muddy gradient into the field on my Gt 185..

@eddie59 wrote:
The rally was in glasbury wales near haye on whye...and it chucked it down on the way home ...i was there...cant believe im answering a four year old post..i think the pub was called the harp...i remember arriving at about 11pm and being pushed up the slight  but very muddy gradient  into the field on my Gt 185..
lol , hi m8 introduce yourself in this section , we don't bite  Very Happy 

/f1-say-hello

That's correct, The Rally Badge was round the size of a shilling in Black and gold Enamel, I still have mine,
I am pretty sure I was ridding a GT185 at the time with clip-ons fiber glass tank and seat unit and fancy alloy rims bloody nasty awful thing.
My mate was on a tuned to hell AP50. Small world in it  thumbs harp clicky
yer thats the pub!

I remeber a few bikes going on the rolling road they had there..that was fun...i think the sw honda owners club was there aswell..i was 18 at the time and worked in john blanchard motorcycles my manager was membership secutary for the club and got me to join...fields probly full of houses now lol

@Davehutch wrote:
and I was 13 , just started looking at the littlewoods catalogue at the girls in there under ware  Embarassed

I was 16 must have been a late starter though cos I used to look at the women in their stockings and suspenders can't believe I have actually owned up to that here being 'new' and all that  Embarassed 
Davey

Eddie you have a good memory as now you mention the rolling road yes I can to, my mates bike fell on is tent the ground was so wet. I looked on google earth for the field. no idea
great daze.

It wasnt very dry...sat was ok swapped bikes with someone for a very nice ride into hay on wye on a gt500...they had a big tent with straw bales and a disco and a bar sat evening..but the long ride home to kent was a nightmare rain rain and more rain....but my belstaff suit held out well only my feet got wet...lol

Yes that's correct the there was a big tent I recall it being a well sorted event.
I also had a Belstaff wax cotton suit I rode miles in it, my Auntie worked in the factory in Stoke Smile thumbs 

Old belstaffs are sort after bought my last one years ago for £36...sold it on ebay for £140 to some guy in usa a few years back..cldnt believe it. Shocked 

The US go nuts for the stuff I found a Barber wax cotton cap today in the shed may be I can retire now! thumbs.
Them GT500s where great bikes in there day and still are if you can find one.
I have my wax cotton suit some where.Still with a hole scuffed in the knee from when the CZ  lobbed us off Surprised 

Cz...with the kick start that doubled as a gear lever.?
What bike do u ride now..?

Yep and a posilube that I only ever used Castrol GTX ! the gear leaver also doubled up as the clutch to. bought for 50 quid used every day as a work horse and ended by blowing up in style,
ripped the studs out the crankases,good old bus that.
Bandit 1200 among others.